Internet Connection Speed

Onkl Bjorni

Newcomer
First, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Any MOD feel free to move it to the appropriate sub forum. And yes there are a few old threads about this but they are ancient, so I decided to open a new thread.

Anyway, my ISP upgraded our internet connection speed some time ago, but I never noticed that big of an improvement. I finaly had time to look in to the issue and at the same time use it as an excuse to get a new router. So today I hooked up a new Netgear WNR3500L and boy did it make a difference, I'm now cruising along the web in warp speed ;-)

From speediest.net

Oh and another thing, its uncapped :smile:

What speed is everybody else getting?

That's an amazing upload! You should host games. ;)

I did have a thread about this earlier. I don't have the most expensive one here btw (that one gets 120Mbps). (Note by the way that the faster than figures now seem accurate)

Here's mine:

This is the middle service tier. The top tier is prohibitively expensive both to setup and in monthly fee. This one OTOH is only a $15 monthly premium over the base service, and well worth it IMO.

That's an amazing upload! You should host games. ;)

I did have a thread about this earlier. I don't have the most expensive one here btw (that one gets 120Mbps). (Note by the way that the faster than figures now seem accurate)

All my gaming is done on the xbox360, so no need to run a server :)

My connection is actualy the second slowest speed my ISP offers, you can get speeds up to 800Mbps (400 down, 400 up), but that costs about 1000$ a month.

And incase anyone wonders, this is over fiber cable.

Didn't we already have a "my connection is bigger than yours" thread?

I've been suffering on ~3.5Mbit for years while our incumbent telco has been upgrading everywhere but where I live.
Finally they got round to putting in ADSL2+ cabinet on my street about a month ago.
1452725903.png

All my gaming is done on the xbox360, so no need to run a server :)

My connection is actualy the second slowest speed my ISP offers, you can get speeds up to 800Mbps (400 down, 400 up), but that costs about 1000$ a month.

And incase anyone wonders, this is over fiber cable.

Could only have been fiber, really, with that upload. However your first comment is a misconception. Very few console games have dedicated servers, and the 360 less so than even the PS3, so it is likely that you'll be the host of practically every online game you play.

Could only have been fiber, really, with that upload. However your first comment is a misconception. Very few console games have dedicated servers, and the 360 less so than even the PS3, so it is likely that you'll be the host of practically every online game you play.

Ah, thought you meant a dedicated server.
And have always had a good ping/connection when playing COD games or Bad Company 2, so I guess you could be correct in that I'm the host most of the time.

I've been suffering on ~3.5Mbit for years while our incumbent telco has been upgrading everywhere but where I live.
Finally they got round to putting in ADSL2+ cabinet on my street about a month ago.
1452725903.png

1453548933.png

You slut! That's like twice my speed. :LOL:

I'm at work atm with this connection shared between ~50 people:
1460490047.png
I'm fairly certain the peaks are bigger than that (25/25?) but others were using the connection.

At home I have 150/10Mbit connection and usually it's the servers that don't have enough bandwidth to feed it :)

download 4.74
upload 0.46
ping 36msec
grade: D
slower than 68% of kiwi's

IIRC slower than last time, though it is sat morning now & I assume busier than normal.
But fast enuf to stream youtube videos thus thats all thats needed, speed is not the issue for me, monthly bandwidth cap is

Back