*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

I'm still suspicious that it's DD only because it wouldn't perform well enough on disk. The streaming in Crysis was probably the worst offender for causing stutters IMO. Sure they've optimized that, but enough to have it on a DVD? I don't think so.

I'm still suspicious that it's DD only because it wouldn't perform well enough on disk. The streaming in Crysis was probably the worst offender for causing stutters IMO. Sure they've optimized that, but enough to have it on a DVD? I don't think so.

Yeah this is something I considered when it was first announced to be DD only. Sounds logical and I have no problem with it even though I usually prefer disc copies.

It's way better than i hoped .... seems that Crytek did a fine job bringing this game to consoles .
I'm kind of amazed that it runs and looks this good :oops:

I was very impressed by what little I got to play this morning. I haven't come across any huge firefights, but the frame rate seemed smoother than what I remember in Crysis 2. Lighting was impressive, though it seemed a tad too dark at night.

The game does have pop in, but it didn't seem as bad as Crysis 2. The reflections in the water were choppy and seemed to pop or shift as I moved along the beach.

Overall, this exceeds what I expected out of a Crysis port so far.
360 version?

PSN update is tomorrow

It's out today in US:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...day-with-3d-support-watch-the-launch-trailer/

Didn't know the game has 3D support.

The expansive jungle sections, the pure white sand beaches, the open vehicle levels… maybe you’re shaking your head that it cannot be done. I’m here to tell you that we’ve accomplished this and you will be able to experience the remastered, single-player campaign for Crysis on October 4th in North America and October 5th in Europe.

... Also, if you have a 3D capable TV, you can immerse yourself in the beautiful Crysis world with fully integrated stereoscopic 3D support!

There are some improvements like most shrubs and bushes now move when you pass through them or shoot them, POM is with texture filtering (I think?), and ofcourse the improved lighting and water interactivity.

There are pop-ins but I think its bearable, plus I think the vanilla version had quite a few pop ins as well. What I think went wrong was the colorgrading, the sky looks clean and nice with the bluish tone but when you look at the grounds and the foliage they have this yellow tint which you got when you activated V.High settings in PC ver.

Will check it out if they improved the resolution of either console versions to full 720p, in motion the game looks quite nice for a 4yr old game.

It is like that on the PC version.

Not exactly. I know what you are referring to, but in here are these certain types of foliage/shrubs which previously didnt respond to player movement or bullets in PC ver. What I'm trying to say is that in general there's more foilage that interacts compared to PC release, however, I think the physics calculations for all these foliage runs at half the refresh rate.

Not exactly. I know what you are referring to, but in here are these certain types of foliage/shrubs which previously didnt respond to player movement or bullets in PC ver. What I'm trying to say is that in general there's more foilage that interacts compared to PC release, however, I think the physics calculations for all these foliage runs at half the refresh rate.

The only one that does not respond on PC is the half sphere (ish) shaped shrub, all of the other ones do.

Looks ugly on PS3 and 360....................... fake troll

Nah from Youtube it looks better or atleast equal to v.h +TODs. Damn impressive and seems smooth? I guess I have to eat crow for thinking CE2 was fairly optimised, more like bruteforce. Now dont summon up that "sorcerer" cool-aid drinker and say he was right.

Bugged me in Crysis 2 even the PC version had it. Looks really bad when the rest is silky smooth.

Nah from Youtube it looks better or atleast equal to v.h +TODs. Damn impressive and seems smooth? I guess I have to eat crow for thinking CE2 was fairly optimised, more like bruteforce. Now dont summon up that "sorcerer" cool-aid drinker and say he was right.

It does not look as good as very high. The foliage has been cut down heavily, the water lacks FFT and I would also bet on a harsher LOD and lower res shadows.

Back