Far Cry 3

Wow that actually sounds pretty good. The RPG-lite sounds a little like Bioshock too. Any co-op on Xbox? Because if I can't play with my buddy Rancid, I'm not biting right away. I would have to wait until it's in the $10 bin.

Tommy McClain

I believe there is a co-op campaign of some sort, but I haven't checked it out myself yet.

If any of u is not playing this game, quit gaming! If u have no money left after all the winter purchases, sell all other games and GET THIS GAME ON ANY PLATFORM ! Your life will become worth living again ! :D

On the PS3 there is lots of tearing. Also, the (I believe) in engine cut scenes seem to have a significantly lower frame rate than when playing normally. On a 42" LCD it's pretty jarring if you are sensitive to that.

I've only played about 20 minutes . . . enough to climb a cell tower and to do a plant / animal gathering mission. The "you have left the mission area" mechanism sucks big time. I had gathered everything and was going towards what I thought was the mission objective when suddenly I am told I have failed and then a loading screen pops up and after that finishes I am plopped back at a nearby town (which is not where I started).

On the plus side, driving seems to still be fun.

Cheers

wow this game. such a combination of gameplay elements in a wide open world with hunting, crafting, skill tree, excellent shooting, mini games, side quests, a good story and acting, random events, beautiful graphics (7 yo console!). Not to mention Deus Ex like stealth elements

my my

There s a separate campaign for 4player co-op online and off, but the main campaign is sp only, and is great.

Neat, but would have been cooler as part of the single player. Oh well. Hey Rancid, does this still look interesting?

Tommy McClain

On the PS3 there is lots of tearing. Also, the (I believe) in engine cut scenes seem to have a significantly lower frame rate than when playing normally. On a 42" LCD it's pretty jarring if you are sensitive to that.

I've only played about 20 minutes . . . enough to climb a cell tower and to do a plant / animal gathering mission. The "you have left the mission area" mechanism sucks big time. I had gathered everything and was going towards what I thought was the mission objective when suddenly I am told I have failed and then a loading screen pops up and after that finishes I am plopped back at a nearby town (which is not where I started).

On the plus side, driving seems to still be fun.

Cheers

Left mission area only happens that initial mission

Actually no, there are a few missions later on where that happens too. I've encountered it at least two more times.

Hm, I only encountered this in the initial mission actually. Never happened again...probably, as a Sniper, I only stand still and pick them up one by one.

It happens in al story missions, btw. But I hardly do them ;)! And if it apears while I actually don't intend to do them, I just 'abandon mission' from the menu, so that I am not reset and can continue whatever I was doing.

I hate dogs!

About 6 hours in now so I think I have a decent feel for how the game flows. It is pretty amazing this game runs such as it does on such old hardware. Totally digging the exploration aspect and collecting. I wish there was scuba gear as this engine is perfect for underwater adventuring. The latter hafl of the early doctor mission is one of the cooler things I have seen in a video game for quite a while (Bethesda should hire this crew to make their next Elder Scrolls installment).

It would be nice if in a future patch they would consider paring back the frequency of baddies respawning on the roads and such. I think I blew up something like 6 vehicles at some random spot before some dogs attacked me and finsihed me off. What's a guy gotta do to get some peace and quiet?

=)

Where the hell are the boars? I keep finding pigs but no luck on the boars which you need for the ammo pack expansion.

I hate dogs!

About 6 hours in now so I think I have a decent feel for how the game flows. It is pretty amazing this game runs such as it does on such old hardware. Totally digging the exploration aspect and collecting. I wish there was scuba gear as this engine is perfect for underwater adventuring. The latter hafl of the early doctor mission is one of the cooler things I have seen in a video game for quite a while (Bethesda should hire this crew to make their next Elder Scrolls installment).

It would be nice if in a future patch they would consider paring back the frequency of baddies respawning on the roads and such. I think I blew up something like 6 vehicles at some random spot before some dogs attacked me and finsihed me off. What's a guy gotta do to get some peace and quiet?

=)

Where the hell are the boars? I keep finding pigs but no luck on the boars which you need for the ammo pack expansion.

Did you clean the outposts? That is very important to get rid of the spawning enemies!

What I do:

Search radio tower, then discover new area.

In this area, you have two outposts. All the area is red in the map.

Clean outpost with a sniper rifle from afar, such that no one sees you to maximize the XP.

Zone is green. Now do those side missions you are interested in in this area.

Rinse and repeat. If I have cleaned up all the way to the next story mission, I do this to progress...

I find the stealth takedowns easier to clean out outposts instead of sniper. I hate the alarms.

I'm having a ton of fun with this game.

I find the stealth takedowns easier to clean out outposts instead of sniper. I hate the alarms.

I'm having a ton of fun with this game.

Hm, I am using a sniper with silencer. So far, I took out 10+ outposts without a single alarm. Only shield guys are difficult...you need to back headshot them...

Nope, it's very easy to avoid vehicles.
They nerfed it a bit too much in FC3.
I think checkpoints should have enemy respawn (though not as fast as in FC2), maybe something like territory wars where the enemies would try to regain it back. Because with the current setup the problem is that once you clear an outpost there's absolutely NOTHING to do in that area, not even stranded enemies.

Look at the map.

I think checkpoints should have enemy respawn (though not as fast as in FC2), maybe something like territory wars where the enemies would try to regain it back. Because with the current setup the problem is that once you clear an outpost there's absolutely NOTHING to do in that area, not even stranded enemies.

YES please UBisoft! :D

People b!tched so much about FC2 having respawning checkpoints that they took it to far IMO

Yes, they made the game a bit too easy adter FC2 backlash, but it is still loads of fun.

And me too witnessed that weird TOD implementation ! The moon was rising and I stopped and the moon stopped rising, then I nudged the left stick just a bit so that I don't move but the stick is off centre, like u said nightshade, and the lo and behold, the moon is rising in all its glory. Leave the stick and the moon stopped dead in its tracks :LOL: ! Who came up with the idea of such a time implementation. You can see this clearly and easily during mornings and sunsets too !

And You can find Boars right next to the Doctors mansion, on the wy to the mushroom cave.

Back