[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

The last vid is also gone. The video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EA, it says. The first two on this page still work, odd...

To be honest, I don't mind, I've seen very very little of this game and I've also seen enough.

You know, it's kind of a relief to know you are going to enjoy something in particular regardless. And being happy about it. Hopefully, I will buy BF3 when it comes out.

If Dice's version of Paris (based on MP map and assets in there) is any indication it won't realisticaly close at all besides a few landmark monuments etc..

I guess....and another funny thing is that they got the persian signs and alphabets all wrong. The alphabets are supposed to be connected to each other in cursive just like arabic, but in the game they are all seperate. For example the name Tehran would be written as ت ه ر ا ن instead of تهران which is the correct way.

Small things I know, and most wont notice the difference at all but few people like me who do understand the language, its kinda an immersion breaker for them. Good thing they said that they are going to address this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://fudzilla.com/games/item/24068-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

According to the search statistics released by Playr2.com, below are the top 10 most anticipated video game releases of Quarter 4 2011 by gaming fans; according to the number of searches made for each title on-site in the past month:

1) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2) Batman: Arkham City
3) Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
4) Assassin’s Creed Revelations
5) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
6) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
7) Saint’s Row: The Third
8) Football Manager 2012
9) Battlefield 3
10) PES 2012

Me neither.
When I say accurate I was just referring to how close to real Tehran it will look.

They only showed a few seconds of night time footage but there should be a new trailer tomorrow. I doubt they will make it super accurate beyond having the same general appearance/building style plus recognizable landmarks.

Looks pretty good imo. Of course not as good as PC, much of the chaos and intensity of the pc graphics in that scene is lost, but overall looks pretty nice.

A little strange they would release 360 footage now, as much as they've tried to position themselves as ps3 centric. It might even have some questioning the PS3 version now since this is the first console direct feed they've released.

Looks pretty good imo. Of course not as good as PC, much of the chaos and intensity of the pc graphics in that scene is lost, but overall looks pretty nice.

A little strange they would release 360 footage now, as much as they've tried to position themselves as ps3 centric. It might even have some questioning the PS3 version now since this is the first console direct feed they've released.

May have been to counter the leak that happened this week. At least that is what I'd like to believe :p

I have faith in DICE and believe that both versions will look and perform essentially the same.

What DICE is doing on console with a MP title is amazing. The night scenes in particular look great.

I wonder if they are purposely releasing gameplay from different segments on PS3 and on 360 specifically to avoid direct technical comparisons for as long as possible.

They haven't really released any PS3 footage.

Unless you count the Kimmel segment, which they didn't actually release as direct feed.

Other than that it's just been a dimly lit shakycam at a trade show here and there.

I guess they may have released this 360 footage in response to people disparaging the leaked LQ 360 footage.

Here's a video comparing 360 and pc directly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7wcQr7S_8

Last edited by a moderator:
That's probably the most obvious difference I've seen between the PC and console versions of a game (with one possible expection I'm not even going to bring up). But the xbox version still looks great and manages to convey the same experience as the PC version (albeit at lower detail).

I've just realised that the beta is open to everyone and not just people who've got MoH or preorders. :smile:

I hope Digital Foundry does a Face off based on the beta so I can decide which platform to preorder the game for.

Back