Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

the less saturated ones have a "cold" look to them which the new ones lack. I prefer the original screens more.

Also, was the PS3 save problem solved? I mean people said the game got more and more 'heavy' to run the more time u spent on playing it. Was it solved by bethesda?

I plan to get it someday for my ps3.

I like the Oblivion look for purely nostalgic reasons. For any other game though, I would probably prefer the "less colorful" approach.

the less saturated ones have a "cold" look to them which the new ones lack. I prefer the original screens more.

Also, was the PS3 save problem solved? I mean people said the game got more and more 'heavy' to run the more time u spent on playing it. Was it solved by bethesda?

I plan to get it someday for my ps3.

Solved

but he says its part of the new patch ! does that mean if I buy Skyrim, I shouldn't apply the 1.9 patch , if I want teh old look?
It doesn't look nearly as colourful as in those shots nor oversaturated.

The game looks more vivid now, but the difference isn't very noticeable for the layman eyes. So you can apply patch 1.9, no fear.

On a different note, I would LOVE to see this game, one of the best games ever, imho, running on the PS4 and the Xbox One. :smile:

Now that these consoles are x86 architecture the porting should be easier and with the superior sound and graphics of these consoles the experience would be perfect.

The vistas from places like the Lost Tongue Overlook, the Ivarstead bridge while looking around and watching the amazing, imposing mountains surrounding the village....

The Lost Valley Redoubt, the Northwind Summit....

All of them *unforgettable* places. The magic and hilarity of this game never ceases to surprise me.

Best game ever isnt it? I'd say its well deserved too although I don't put much stock in the other entrants so the competition seems to be of dubious credibility to me.

I'm actually playing Skyrim again at the moment. Not a replay but continuing where I left off a few months ago. Just approaching lvl 92 :D

wow, i cant imagine when edler scroll 6 adapting some features of other game (for example, the battle mechanic of Dragons Dogma).

It doesn't look nearly as colourful as in those shots nor oversaturated.

The game looks more vivid now, but the difference isn't very noticeable for the layman eyes. So you can apply patch 1.9, no fear.

On a different note, I would LOVE to see this game, one of the best games ever, imho, running on the PS4 and the Xbox One. :smile:

Now that these consoles are x86 architecture the porting should be easier and with the superior sound and graphics of these consoles the experience would be perfect.

The vistas from places like the Lost Tongue Overlook, the Ivarstead bridge while looking around and watching the amazing, imposing mountains surrounding the village....

The Lost Valley Redoubt, the Northwind Summit....

All of them *unforgettable* places. The magic and hilarity of this game never ceases to surprise me.

You played the ps3 version or the PC version?

on skyrim, i always ended up fiddling with enb and lollygagging hahaha hilarios when guard say lollygagging and i am lollygagging

SO, I found this video detailing the v1.2 patch on ps3:

I don't see any colour difference, so thats good. Also, it clearly says the save game issues are gone. Thats another check point ticked. But it looks so beautiful, is this how it looks on the ps3? I have been dilly dallying for so long on whether to get the PC version or th eps3 one. I want to get the ps3 version, if it looks as good as this video, I don't see why not.

EDIT: This video is only for patch 1.2, so the colours changed later, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice looking game on the PS3, and if everything now works as intended, then I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get it. All the parts that bugged me about Skyrim's visuals had nothing to do with tech anyway. You can pimp the game out with glitchy enbs as much as you want to, but the animations will still look like remnants from the last millenium.

skyrim animation are bad and too canned (cant blend from one animation to another) but it does not really bother me.

the game still give beautiful overall impression :D
i can lollygagging almost on everywhere as long as it have water and green on the scenery.

now im worried when TES6 released with many visual upgrades to modern. Maybe by that time i have oculus rift, maybe by that time im on holiday, maybe i will play it many days with no sleep :p

last time i play games non-stop without sleep was in elementary school lol

You played the ps3 version or the PC version?
The Xbox 360 version. The PS3 version seems to be fine nowadays. I felt very disappointed when people said Bethesda were to blame for some performance hiccups on the PS3 version, but I think it wasn't Bethesda's fault at all but the memory system of the PS3, imho.

It turned out to be okay in the end, after much tweaking. The PS3 didn't seem to be very open-world-games-friendly, and I think Bethesda did a great job at fixing what needed to be fixed.

I agree with pjbliverpool that the game is one of the best games ever made -along with Oblivion-. Skyrim is like a poem in motion.

Best atmospheric effects in a game I have ever seen.

orangepelupa, I can't wait for the next TES game. Skyrim brings back some of the best memories of the whole generation.

The Xbox 360 version. The PS3 version seems to be fine nowadays. I felt very disappointed when people said Bethesda were to blame for some performance hiccups on the PS3 version, but I think it wasn't Bethesda's fault at all but the memory system of the PS3, imho.

It turned out to be okay in the end, after much tweaking. The PS3 didn't seem to be very open-world-games-friendly, and I think Bethesda did a great job at fixing what needed to be fixed.

I agree with pjbliverpool that the game is one of the best games ever made -along with Oblivion-. Skyrim is like a poem in motion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6SjvpFBe3M">YouTube Link</a>

Best atmospheric effects in a game I have ever seen.

orangepelupa, I can't wait for the next TES game. Skyrim brings back some of the best memories of the whole generation.

This is a very weird point of view: bethesda released a broken product on ps3...who else is to blame instead of the developers and the publisher?

With regards to Skyrim being the best game: absolutely not imho. The game is great, but the difficulty leveling is completely off and unbalanced. I did all major side story lines and my character ended up too powerful after about 80-100 hours put in. I wanted to play the main story line, but I just can run around and fireball all enemies away in a second...boooring. So boring that I stopped playing. My character is basically maxed in specs and items as well...so I quit the game. I came back to test the vampire dlc, but as a vamp you just get even stronger...

In this sense, the gamedesign of Skyrim is fundamentally broken imo and thus, such a game cannot win best game of the generation award.

With regards to Skyrim being the best game: absolutely not imho. The game is great, but the difficulty leveling is completely off and unbalanced. I did all major side story lines and my character ended up too powerful after about 80-100 hours put in. I wanted to play the main story line, but I just can run around and fireball all enemies away in a second...boooring. So boring that I stopped playing. My character is basically maxed in specs and items as well...so I quit the game. I came back to test the vampire dlc, but as a vamp you just get even stronger...

In this sense, the gamedesign of Skyrim is fundamentally broken imo and thus, such a game cannot win best game of the generation award.

II encountered the exact same thing but I'd say there are a few arguments against this.

1. If I put the time in to level up my character, I want to feel like a god and be able to kill most if not all other characters with ease. If the game got harder as I leveled up it would take away that feeling of achievement. That said if you do take the time to level up before playing through the main quests then they can indeed be too easy and thus boring. However....

2. I combat this by simply playing in more modest armor. I keep my "super" armor and weapons with me at all times and when I really get in a bind I pull them out and lay down the hurt on my unsuspecting foes (they had no idea who they were truly up against bwahaha). But for the rest of the game I play in hide armor with a regular broadsword which incidentally looks the coolest anyway when matched with an iron helmet IMO.

3. The latest patch introduces a new difficulty setting which far exceeds the previous maximum. Even the toughest characters should find a challenge at that setting especially if you include mods like "tougher dragons". That said, I quickly stopped playing at that setting because although it was more challenging and my character could hold his own as long as I was wearing the "super" armor, I realised that I'd basically just made all that time I spend leveling up my character completely irrelevant as I was back to being about as tough as I was back at level 40 or so. Which takes me back to point 1.

Bought Skyrim too, should arrive in a few days. But it might be a while before I play it. I am neck deep into Darksiders 2, halfway through A Crack In Time, playing intermittent races in GT5, bought Rayman Origins in the sale and just preordered Diablo 3 :D ! Not to mention, my second playthrough of The Last Of Us keeps calling me back ! So, my hands are pretty full at the moment, might be a while till I get to Skyrim.

Back