[360, PS3] Dead Space 2 demo

Much nicer lighting. :) Controls feel quite smooth. lol stomping is so fast now :D

I hope not, the original pace of the character was one of the nice aspects of the game, going along with the scary atmosphere. I hope they didn't turn it into just another 3rd person shooter.

And where's my PC demo? :(

Ahhh! Don't have a HK Account. It'll be tommorow here by the time the update happens in any of the stores I can access and I am going on a trip tommorow. Guess, I'll have to wait 2 or 3 days for tyese demoes.

Funny that HK has got it but I can't find it in the jap store !

I hope not, the original pace of the character was one of the nice aspects of the game, going along with the scary atmosphere. I hope they didn't turn it into just another 3rd person shooter.

And where's my PC demo? :(

You misunderstand. The movement or pacing isn't different. The stomping is just more responsive and quicker in that you don't have to wait 10 hours for the animation to complete before you can start moving again. That's just horrible gameplay design. If I'm in a horror survival, I'm not waiting ten years for my boot to finish while there are enemies attacking me. That Resident Evil 4/5 type of horror is just unnecessarily frustrating and outdated.

From what I've played so far of the demo, it manages to keep tension despite having beefed up weapons (for demo purposes). I found myself panicking a bit with the necros that do finally show up (they seem to be a bit quicker), running out of plasma cutter ammo in the close quarters. I haven't experimented much yet with the asault rifle or line gun though. The spear gun is really juiced up.

No bad talking about RE4/5!!!

I love RE4&5 but not being able to shoot and walk is a bit outdated now! I hear the demo lacks move support - which is a shame, the main game is still to have Move isn't it?

edit - pants, it won't, only extraction will be Move compatable :(

You are dead to me. DEAD TO ME!

Ha Ha Ha ! :LOL: Yeah ! Dead as in a Zombie to haunt you in ur RE dreams !
Really, I adore RE4, I bought my PS2 just for that game. I missed office the day RE5 demo was released, but when I finally bought the game, it felt like one bot match after another. The game is made for Co-op, gets repetitive playing alone. Wish it had a driving story like RE4.

Or , maybe its just that RE4 was special! Okay, no more trash talking RE5 !:LOL:..................s l o w l y.... s n e a k s .....o u t.......!

You misunderstand. The movement or pacing isn't different. The stomping is just more responsive and quicker in that you don't have to wait 10 hours for the animation to complete before you can start moving again. That's just horrible gameplay design. If I'm in a horror survival, I'm not waiting ten years for my boot to finish while there are enemies attacking me. That Resident Evil 4/5 type of horror is just unnecessarily frustrating and outdated.

ah ok, phew! Really looking forward to this on PC.

I still don't get why people bitch about Resident Evil abandoning its slower paced horror roots and then get all excited about the in-your-face-b-movie-gorefest that is Dead Space, with all its cheap jump scare tactics and crass visuals that leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. Nothing about that series is even remotely scary.

I liked the first game up to a certain point, but it ran out of steam just after the halfway point when it was merely content with throwing waves upon waves of the same non-descript enemies at me.

Back