SURPRISE: Tekken Tag 2 Announced

Before the install I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so yes I installed it immediately after and even then I find the loading times atrocious for a fast paced game like that. I still rather play Dark Resurrection with my friends, because it loads really fast and doesn't even look that bad in 1080p.

That would make sense when you consider the team mode and character switching they will be implementing for Tekken X SF.

OMG Tekken Tag was so much fun, i propbably wasted 400 hours of my life on that game... Never had as much fun with any other fighting game, and i've been through a lot.

As far as I'm concerned, Tekken Tag is the pinnacle of the series, so I'm stoked to see this being made...

Tekken Hybrid Hits Today Exclusively for PS3
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/22/tekken-hybrid-hits-today-exclusively-for-ps3/

Hey guys! I wanted to give everyone a quick look at everything you’ll be getting with today’s release of Tekken Hybrid exclusively for PS3. Tekken Hybrid comes with three Tekken experiences: Tekken Tag Tournament HD, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue, and Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D all on one Blu-ray disc! And I hope you brought your 3D glasses, because Tekken Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue are both compatible with 3D televisions. Plus, if you buy the Limited Edition you get a special two-disc soundtrack of Tekken Tag and Tekken Tag 2 music, as well as a hardcover art book filled with information and art from all three parts of the Tekken Hybrid package.

Yeah tekken tag was pretty epic in terms of scale and options. I always thought they could bring that game to the PS1 if they really wanted to. Before the last arcade in my area closed down I would always play it - I wonder what happened to all those arcade machines, do they go to heaven?

Loading times in T6 were atrocious, made me feel like I am back in the N64 vs PS1 days! discs? what? for videogames? MADNESS!

Arrived today.

I seem to have a few problems with Tekken Tag 2 Prologue.
Both TTT HD and TTT2: P install their game data on the disk. Prologue has problems streaming though.
The Intro video gets stuck and the console almost crashes, and during the pre-battle character animations the sound gets stuttered and is out of sync.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Other than that I am impressed with TTT2. It is probably faster than T6 and the visuals are a lot better. The character models particularly I love em :)

Gameplay is top notch,

But what surprised me the most is how well the original stands even today. Ignoring the improved resolution and the AA, its amazing what Namco achieved on the PS2 back in the day.

It does crazy stuff with the visuals that werent replicated again in the later Tekken games.

In terms of difficulty I think TTT is a much much harder game in Ultra Hard than its successors. It makes the Ultra Hard of the newer Tekken games play like EASY mode :p

I think they have made a few gameplay adjustments in TTT over the original too

I haven't had any trouble playing Prologue. Maybe your HD is on its last legs?

I mostly bought the package to play TTT HD, it's my favorite Tekken and it does not disappoint! I got the Platinum trophy for it in about 3 hoiurs. :)

I have been watching a live stream of some top players playing at the E3 booth, here:

http://nl.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Looks pretty good! Seen some great matches, and the tag looks implemented very well to enance the competitive play.

The original TTT (PS2) was amazing indeed!
The floor with all the stones completely eh.. 'floored' me at the time :D

IMO, Namco had the best booth at E3. Not only were the Lily and Ling booth babes hot, but the game was fantastic. Can't wait.

The other game I played heavily was VF5FS, which is out now. SEGA had two HORI Fighting Edge sticks set up, and they were excellent. I will order one tomorrow!

DOA5 looked good and I gave Akira from VF a quick try. All in all, it's a busy year for fighters.

As a PS+ member I just got VF5FS for free. Man, these graphics have aged quite a bit. Still a decent looking game, though. The most off putting aspect is the hideously low audio sampling rate.

Back