Xbox 360 IGN's top 25 games

A bit old...they finished this a week or two ago.

The PS3 one is still going on. I think they're up to number 5. They reveal 5 new ones each day I believe.

They also do these lists yearly.

Edit: ok the Ps3 one is done, here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1060027p2.html

Halo 3 imo imo imo imo imo doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 5. And MW being there is even a far far far far worse travesty.

Unless I guess you take MP into account, which I cant really speak to cause I'm not much of a MP player. I guess if you're a heavy MP player, than subpar campaigns dont matter as much and the whole ranking of the game for you can change wildly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I guess you take MP into account, which I cant really speak to cause I'm not much of a MP player. I guess if you're a heavy MP player, than subpar campaigns dont matter as much and the whole ranking of the game for you can change wildly.

Why wouldn't you take MP into account? It's not an addon, it's part of the game.

Not that I agree with their list or anything.

Well I'm just saying, I dont play much MP. So when I "judge" a MW game, I'm mostly talking about the subpar campaigns.

Somebody who is a heavy MP user, is going to look totally differently at that game.

well Multiplayer is now a HUGE part of many "successful" games. To ignore that component is to ignore 65% of what makes up this (and future) generation's great games.

Exclusivity is over-rated... The games on the list for 360 just play well on that system regardless of who developed them.
(Live being a factor in online as well I'm sure)

Oh MW and Halo are definitely good games if you care at all about multiplayer. It seems kinda ridiculous to even criticize those games if you've never really gotten into that side of them since that's probably the main reason they're so popular.

That's actually a fairly decent list all around though. Every game on there is good for it's genre. I guess you could criticize the lack of JRPGS but I don't play them so I have no idea how they stack up.

As far as multiplatform titles go, I guess it's fair to compare their graphics and features between consoles (PS3, Wii, 360) but you just can't compare it to PC. You pay more for newer hardware so of course you get a better looking game, the costs/benefits are totally different for the consumers.

A comparison of platform exclusives doesn't belong here. The thread title, in the Console Games forum, shows discussion should be about choice of games in the list.

These lists really need to start including XBLive games, there have been some great ones like Limbo which is incredible. In fact I'm playing more Live Arcade/Indie games lately than disc games.

Oh, I like the PS3 one.. the #1 game is apparently called "unable to load plugin". Nice. Always wanted to play that one.

That list is a bit weird, MW is on the top 3 but MW2 is around 20, scoring lower than a soccer game. :?:

I'm glad to see Bioshock and Fallout3 high on the list despite the fact that many people here seem to really dislike the latter, IMHO it's an awesome game whether or not it stayed true to the Fallout franchise.

These lists really need to start including XBLive games, there have been some great ones like Limbo which is incredible. In fact I'm playing more Live Arcade/Indie games lately than disc games.
According to the list/article:
Last year, we took a vote and came up with our picks for the Top 25 Xbox 360 at that time. That list is below for your reference. A few things to note as to why the 2010 version is different: [...]

# XBLA games aren't included this year (we're doing a separate XBLA list in September)

Back