[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

The official trailer? Like the way it traverses from real(?) footage to gfx.

That was originally posted in the OP :p Also, I'm pretty sure it's all live action, so don't confuse any of it for gameplay.

Renegade - While it's entirely possible they'll have something to show @ TGS, I wouldn't expect too much (at least not anything Major). I'd say maybe we'll get some information from PAX, but possibly no media.

TGS is possible, though I think we may be more likely to see a big reveal at the VGA's in December.

That was originally posted in the OP :p Also, I'm pretty sure it's all live action, so don't confuse any of it for gameplay.

I dunno. Around about 1:38 and 1:50 things start to look suspiciously like gfx interspersed with live action. Especially the bit at 1:50 where his hand is on the door frame and the ruins of the buildings are on the right.

I dunno. Around about 1:38 and 1:50 things start to look suspiciously like gfx interspersed with live action. Especially the bit at 1:50 where his hand is on the door frame and the ruins of the buildings are on the right.

Well, there's no doubt that there's some CG in there, but it's not gameplay or anything.

nonamefy.png

Nothing more, just a start screen. Maybe they have a playable demo ready to show !

Not exactly concept art, but some type of rendering?!
In one pic, you could clearly see the blocky shadow of a chimera trooper (with possible jet pack?!).
I like the style somehow, wonder if this is the new main guy - has hairs :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
So...definitely playing as Capelli this time going by the file names/titles. Also "road to NYC", "StLouis" and some place called Haven?

Yep, Capelli will be the main character (as I've rooted for all along). These are all leaked screens, they were to be embargoed for a print mag, but someone at SCEE screwed up, apparently. They'll probably have to do some sort of an announcement sooner than later now, as these screens have been spoiled (which will take a lot of 'luster' out of a new announcement, lol).

They look fantastic though, and I love the new cross color processing going on.

It doesn't look like Capelli at all. I remember Capelli was buff in R2. I don't even remember him having hair because he always wear that black beenie and carried that backpack of his around.

The new person looks a lot more like Grayson from RR.

If it's Capelli, they have a lot of explaining to do. :devilish:

EDIT: The Hybrids look more varied in these shots. I was hoping to see even wilder Chimeras though.

Insomniac should check out the manga, Gantz. They have really weird aliens.

Well, there's good cause to believe that there is a pretty significant gap in time between Resistance 2 and Resistance 3. One of which being New York is now covered in snow/ice, and a lot of the buildings have a lot of over grown vegitation.

That said, I think it's safe to assume that humanity is on it's last leg, and Capelli has probably lost a lot of his muscle mass simply trying to survive and keep his people at Haven alive. Supplies are probably scarce, which would explain him getting smaller (less food, no time to 'pump iron', etc).

There is no denying it's Capelli though, as the titles of the screens said things like "Capelli and Grim" or "Susan and Capelli", etc. It's him, for sure (plus, the scar is there in all it's glory).

Back