RED DEAD REDEMPTION PS3 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE May-10 380.3K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO Nov-09 200.9K
JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT Nov-09 174.8K
WII FIT PLUS W/ BALANCE BOARD* WII NINTENDO Oct-09
TOY STORY 3 NDS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS Jun-10
UFC 2010: UNDISPUTED 360 THQ May-10
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 WII WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE Jun-10
UFC 2010: UNDISPUTED PS3 THQ May-10

Yeah, and I have to say that NPD continues to suck. I'd love to know how much the UFC games sold this month. RDR's holding up better than I expected, too.

Yeah NPD reporting slimming down sucks but I'm sure we'll get more number over the next few days from different sites and analysts.

NPDjuneA.png

NPDjuneB.png

NPDjuneC.png

very good hardware numbers.
hard to see on my grap[h but xbox360 up 87% + ps3 up 85%

I just realized ps3 sold nearly double what it did last month, this in a month with no big releases or new hardware or pricecuts, shows how badly sony screwed up their hardware supply over the last few months when they had a string of big titles launching

Last edited by a moderator:
Release of X360 S actually pushed it past the Wii, not bad.

What's up with Lego Harry Potter not listing a platform? Is it all platforms combined? Or is that X360 version and they just forgot to put it on the chart?

RDR may have enough legs to chart again next month. Not bad for a western. :D Almost 2.5 million already in just the US.

Regards,
SB

Doesn't it just say that it's the WII version?

Supposedly Metal Gear: Peace Walker had expectations of 3mil (overall). Good luck with that.

Yes, well, they may be going after the Monster Hunter demographic, in which case I doubt they expect the majority of those 3 mil to happen outside of Japan. ;) Not saying this is a realistic estimation, mind you.

Those are much more interesting numbers. However, I think Red Dead will drop at least a couple of notches. It's a superb game and deserves its sales, but I think they shouldn't have released it in the summer. It will definitely have legs though. It will probably stay in the Top 10 for a few more months at least. In fact, I expect all of July's numbers to drop back down to normal levels. Probably won't have any higher than normal numbers till September.

Tommy McClain

What's somewhat interesting is that RDR has the potential to do as well on PS3 as GoW 3 did. That's completely excluding X360 numbers which already beat it in the first 2 months.

A year or two ago, who'd have thought a Western would do better than a GoW title?

Regards,
SB

What's somewhat interesting is that RDR has the potential to do as well on PS3 as GoW 3 did. That's completely excluding X360 numbers which already beat it in the first 2 months.

A year or two ago, who'd have thought a Western would do better than a GoW title?

Regards,
SB

But GoW is an Xbox 360 title!

/bonk. I think people on this forum refer to that as Gears or GeoW or something. :p

Regards,
SB

Do you and Tommy McClain really need to place that at the end of every post? Seriously? Are you still locked in the SunOS 4 world of internet relations talking through a command line interface?

Not afraid to sign my name. Hiding behind anonymity has never been my style. If you don't like it you can always put me on ignore. I know I have. ;)

Tommy McClain

Do you and Tommy McClain really need to place that at the end of every post? Seriously? Are you still locked in the SunOS 4 world of internet relations talking through a command line interface?

Yes I do. I realize that my name/handle is posted off to the side there, but it's still, in my mind, a proper way to sign off on a message. Old fashioned? Most certainly. If you must, you can just consider it my "sig," and then it should be no different than any other superfluous "sig" in a forum. :)

Regards,
SB

I just realized ps3 sold nearly double what it did last month, this in a month with no big releases or new hardware or pricecuts, shows how badly sony screwed up their hardware supply over the last few months when they had a string of big titles launching

Sony had a lot of bundle promotions in June.

Good month for all the hardware.

/bonk. I think people on this forum refer to that as Gears or GeoW or something. :p

Regards,
SB

Just teasing!

Regards,
Richard Watts.

P.S. I have one upped both of you seeing as I have given both my regards and my real name!

Regards,
Richard Watts.

related to my post from yesterday (I think) about genre taste changing
a few years ago
Who'ld thought GTA wouldnt be the dominating franchise like it was in ps2 era
Who'ld thought halo wouldnt be the #1 FPS franchise on the xbox
Who'ld thought dancing games, fitness stuff would be so massive (well actually I did ;) but you know what I mean )

gamasutra's take
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...June_As_Software_Slumps_360_Overtakes_Wii.php

With no major game debuts -- last month's top three games, led by Red Dead Redemption's Xbox 360 version, stayed the top three -- software was hit particularly hard, falling 15 percent from $627.0 million to $531.3 million in June.
well duh, Surely with no major releases revenue will go down.
(though this does speak volumes about some publishers choosing to release games all at once)
eg heres march 2010
* God of War III
* Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
* Final Fantasy XIII
* Metro 2033
* Just Cause 2
* Battlefield: Bad Company 2
* Yakuza 3
* MLB 10: The Show

surely a better idea would be to release a couple of those in june!

Ill join in :D
Regards
Zed Zeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are much more interesting numbers. However, I think Red Dead will drop at least a couple of notches. It's a superb game and deserves its sales, but I think they shouldn't have released it in the summer. It will definitely have legs though. It will probably stay in the Top 10 for a few more months at least. In fact, I expect all of July's numbers to drop back down to normal levels. Probably won't have any higher than normal numbers till September.

Tommy McClain

Summer release is probably largely a reason it did so well...would have been buried in November.

I really think a really big game needs to break the final frontier and release in July or August. It will have the market all to itself.

Back