Official E3 Sony Conference Thread 2010

Oh well, no new Metal Gear Solid or Z.O.E, not even Last Guardian.
Any E3 that has no new MGS game reveal is a huge disappointment for me.
Seems like they aimed for the mainstream this show.

I think presentation-wise this conference was done better... since i don't own a PS3 not sure how i view all of it but it was well done IMO

Bah, just caught the end of the conference.

Gabe Newell actually appeared in the Sony conference?! :oops:

Happy to finally have a release date for GT5, although I was fairly confident that it was gonna be released this year.

Did they show any new Killzone 3 footage?

Conference kind of sucked until the last half hour. The rest of it had some ok content, but it dragged and was way too long.

Did it work that well for MS then?

In some cases definitely (COD, Fallout), in others not so much (Tomb Raider, GTA4). I guess it's smaller risk than bribing full exclusive release, both for platform owners and publishers. Though sometimes the latter still happen (X-com on 360).

If I pay for PSN+, then (may be) finally I get to play Siren. Have been sitting on the fence for this title since the beginning. Many friends nudged me to get it but horror game is just not my thing. I am curious though.

Let's see what this + package really packs in.

Gabe Newell appearing on stage was cool, as were a few of the announcements, but honestly this year I think Nintendo has them all beat.

Yep. I think Nintendo had it this year with the core games and the 3DS unveil. Wished Sony had more on Agent instead of FFXIV. :cry:

Im I hearing things or did Jabe say Portal 2 will be better in the ps3?

edit: move would work good with a game like Portal

Certainly not the conference I was expecting.

Here is why. They dont communicate the vision as well as they should have.

Its broken pieces mixed here and there. The stage was mostly empty with speeches and videos. Not the best way to keep the journalists awake and interested.

On the other hand,if you notice, MS brings couches to create a hospitable home environment and brought people that try to mimic the vision and experience of the product as YOU would experience it at home.

Kinect wasnt introduced through speeches. It was introduced by people from "various" backgrounds to cover a bigger audience . People who acted like you and me. (Ok. Yes it was partly staged and seemed stupid to those of us who can understand when they are acting. But the message wrked). Not simply businessmen or developers. They also incorporated its functionality in the NXE. They showed how easy and satisfying it is to use it.

Move didnt get that extensive coverage. The demonstration was limited and they demonstrated it only with a handful of games. The demonstrators were developers repeating their selves about its accuracy. We want tangible examples that make the experience unique instead. We dont want words. We want to see. We wanted to see Killzone 3, or GT5, or the XMB demonstrated with Move.

MGS:Rising should have been a key title for Move demonstration

Then there is the editing of the videos. Too much grey, white and some dull blue. No colors like the MS conference and videos. Some parts looked a bit unprofessional too such as the saving icon during some killzone 3 parts where they were showing multiple games, and the MGS screen moving slightly independently from the PSP screen while Marcus was holding it.

I say, bring the multiple colors from the PS logo back.

I was expecting from Sony to announce a new XMB that will be complemented by Move. Nope. MS showed an updated NXE with Kinect support. Eye pleasing user interface.

People have been expectimg also party chat support. We didnt get that either.

We also expected some awesome announcements like the previous years. They didnt show almost anything. Even Motorstorm 3 wasnt shown almost at all

In general they were too much talk without much essence, with claims such as how great FF13 was and now we move to FF14 etc etc (really you cant fool people).

In general this wasnt the conference I was expecting.

it was ok...

I'd give it the same grade, maybe even slightly higher than the MS one.

But I have to say, I was still disappointed. They should have fleshed out singstar dance and shown starhawk. That was the one exclusive I really hoping for.

Back