Battlefield 3 announced

I like this game, so I am disappointed that on my new computer I get no sound in it. Updated drivers, BIOS, everything. Checked the sound mixer. Disabled all other audio devices. No sound. At all.

Man it does look good on a GTX670 at 1080p, but the game is significantly harder to play in deaf mode.

HDMI?

Nah just the green stereo output on the motherboard. My speakers don't have digital inputs so I can't try the optical out either.

It doesn't work with the green jack on the back or the headphone jack on the front (which works fine in everything else). That's all I've been able to test.

BF3 is the only program that this happens in. Rage, Crysis 2, Just Cause 2, Crysis, Skyrim, TF2, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, and any other thing I've ever done on this PC works fine...

Google search reveals others with this problem, but none of the suggested fixes have worked for me. I even tried uninstalling the audio driver and using the one built into Windows.

Onboard Gigabyte Z77-D3H. It has Via VT2021 sound.

Yeah. I used to use onboard for like a week before I went full-fledged dedicated. I had a ton of issues with onboard, not to mention it sounded like utter crap. Owning a dedicated sound card makes a noticeable difference. The Xfi cards are amazing. Generally, I would recommend a few routes, but it looks like you already did them.

Yeah it sucks though because to me it sounds fine (my speakers or headset won't exactly do an Xfi justice), and it works fine on my old P35 mobo with realtek sound.

In fact in the life of that system and still to this day it has never had any sound issues in games or anything.

The discouraging thing is that nothing I've tried has made any difference at all, so I'm not very confident that I have any recourse short of buying a sound card (over my dead body) or sending the mobo back for a different model with realtek sound.

Never thought I'd see the day when I was begging for Realtek!

Okay some dipshit turned the volume in the game all the way down. I did check that and the bar was solid white, which I took to mean all the way up. That is not the case.

There is a lesson here somewhere, but I'm not sure what it is.

FYI, there is a smaller black bar inside the white bar that is the volume slider. When the volume is all the way down you don't see the black bar at all, leading me to assume the white bar was the volume slider instead of the background for the volume slider...

Reminds me of the time I put a bios password on someones pc for them
After picking me up and driving 30+ miles to their house to investigate the problem.

"see I type in the password and nothing happens"
Me "try pressing the enter key"
"Oh...."

Is this game dead? No one playing?

Some rounds of aftermath. Love the crossbow. But unlocking new arrow types seems ridiculous hard...boooo!

There are lots of people playing. When I was dicking around with my volume issue I never ran into a situation where I couldn't find a populated server on the map and gametype I wanted. These are stock + B2K maps mind you, I haven't purchased any of the map packs.

There are lots of people playing. When I was dicking around with my volume issue I never ran into a situation where I couldn't find a populated server on the map and gametype I wanted. These are stock + B2K maps mind you, I haven't purchased any of the map packs.

I know...the question was directed to forum members :)

My clan is playing :D

Yesterday I had first taste of Aftermatch! Great maps and fun Scavenger mode, but for me crossbow is just not working! I've shot 10 arrows before getting a feel for how it works long range (had the scoped one) and then eventually nailed one guy but he didn't die! Reload is so painfully slow that you can die 10 times before crossbow is ready for another shot :oops:.
Still, the weapon is so cool I won't give up on it just yet :devilish:!

If you see KOMP tag next to my nick name just give me a shout :D
Our platoon http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391793600480/

Lovevthe Xbow...difficult, but rewarding as hell. But, I hate the grinding aspect of unlocking new arrow types...I'll only play occasionally, too much other games out there!

Back