Battlefield 3 announced

Sweet. What's your origin nick?

Okay if you're neliz2k then I sent you an invite.

Don't see an invite from you yet :( did you apply for the B3D platoon yet?

Which one is Dresden? It says you have 2 friends and I don't think he is either of them. :???:

AndersNystrom, he's one of my EIGHT friends mind you ;)

Don't see an invite from you yet :( did you apply for the B3D platoon yet?

AndersNystrom, he's one of my EIGHT friends mind you ;)

Okay I figured it all out. I was using the Origin friends list, not the BF3 one :oops:

Ofcourse I'm in luck. After a problem free Battlefield 3 beta, the release version crashes on me at random times during the intro logos. In the event viewer I can find something about dxgi.dll being the failing module. Waiting for an EA support rep.

[Edited]
I found the culprit. Closing down ATI Tray Tools fixed the problem. Very strange, this is the first time I had a game crashing on me because of ATI Tray Tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Dresden after that cigarette I saw that the World Series was in extra innings and never got back around to BF3 :oops:

Ok, now I know why I didn't get any email regarding LE unlocks (Physical Warfare Pack). My preorder didn't give me this bonus, it gave me 10 POS dogtags. What a scam.

Ok, now I know why I didn't get any email regarding LE unlocks (Physical Warfare Pack). My preorder didn't give me this bonus, it gave me 10 POS dogtags. What a scam.

Sucks

Next time Digital Distribution > Physical Copies?

Just had my most fun round so far with a bunch of you peeps and some clan-mates. Ended up wayyy down the table at the end, but just an amazing experience. I had a rare go at sniper and was camped in a good spot with a support guy calling out targets and I was missing a lot more than I hit. Super-intense covering my friends on Teamspeak as they moved from flag to flag. Tehran highway it was.

Best BF evar!

Gamestop promised me the Physical Warfare Pack but the instructions on how to redeem my code are completely incorrect. They claim I need to open BF3, select "multiplayer" then "extras." Are they implying you open the campaign? There's no multiplayer option through the campaign, and all MP is handled through the battle log. Meaning you go directly to a game. And all menu options are game configurations. Long story short, there is no "extras" menu. It's all a load of crap. Or an educated guess on Gamestop's part.

Just so everyone knows, there's a difference between Origin and the battle log. If you're looking for a friend to play BF3 with, do a player search on the battle log and add them there. Also there is a B3D platoon! Simply do a search for Beyond 3D under the "platoons" tab and JOIN US!

To redeem the pack you need to enter the key into Origin. Not sure if you knew that already, but there it is... and yes, come join usssssssss!

So if we bought it from Gamestop, how do we redeem our LE stuff? I don't care about the extra gear but I do want the maps.

Just had my most fun round so far with a bunch of you peeps and some clan-mates. Ended up wayyy down the table at the end, but just an amazing experience. I had a rare go at sniper and was camped in a good spot with a support guy calling out targets and I was missing a lot more than I hit. Super-intense covering my friends on Teamspeak as they moved from flag to flag. Tehran highway it was.

Best BF evar!

Yeah :love: Tehran: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/428392/1/

Yeah, It's really easy to see which guys are running TS and who (like me) are just joining a squad for more spawn points. After some initial disappointment with the Claymore (buggy positioning, not as wide a range of detection as in BF2) I have now gone to love it.

Where the engineer can seem to spawn unlimited mines (or at least 10 pieces as far as I've seen) you're only stuck with two claymores down as a support player. but. it is a blast! luring people up narrow staircases or doors expecting to knife you they are greeted by some nice explosives and shrapnel. I view it as my explosive early warning system.

Sucks

Next time Digital Distribution > Physical Copies?
Nah, I'm against the whole cloud concept because the consumers are generally fucked if something goes wrong. The legal framework isn't there at the moment.

So if we bought it from Gamestop, how do we redeem our LE stuff? I don't care about the extra gear but I do want the maps.

Did they already give you the key? you should've gotten it with your game I guess as it did for us who ordered through Origin.

Otherwise it's a great excuse to stop buying from middle men?

Back