Battlefield 3 announced

well, the camaros were already confirmed by DICE:

camaros.jpg

Wait....what? WHAT? Seriously?

Whats a commo rose ?

In depth communication commands, ala Battlefield 2. Thanking people, shouting "Go go go," etc.

edit: The commo rose in BF2:

bf2-commo-rose.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait....what? WHAT? Seriously?

Camaros = Commo Rose.

Karl supposedly isn't too good at English so when he tried to pronounce "we are putting in the commo rose on PC" Eurogamer/Word/Autosuggest noted this as "we are putting in the Camaros on PC"

commo-rose4.png

Camaros = Commo Rose.

Karl supposedly isn't too good at English so when he tried to pronounce "we are putting in the commo rose on PC" Eurogamer/Word/Autosuggest noted this as "we are putting in the Camaros on PC"

commo-rose4.png

muscle_car.jpg

That's what I have to say to that. Hope hasn't died.

I'd like mountable unicorns, as well, please.

Hmm a few of my clan mates are saying they've had 900m+ headshots on Caspian. They're wondering if that stat is console only.

/edit
I suppose it's Metro only?

Eurogamer MP preview

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm a few of my clan mates are saying they've had 900m+ headshots on Caspian. They're wondering if that stat is console only.

/edit
I suppose it's Metro only?
Has to be Metro only because that's the only map for all platforms in the beta.

Sorry for the double, but it deserves it's own post. Not had time to watch the full vid but this caught my eye:
vnnm9v.png

Thanks Repi! I'm sure you had a hand in giving us access to a few cool features in the console.

Yup that is my perf overlay there and I did help drive to get the console accessible for end users.

There was a high quality recording being made that is currently being processed so we can put that up, likely in a few days

Thanks repi. That'll be a big help in determining the framerate impact of different settings.

Will we have to exit the game for graphic changes to take effect?

For some (like Texture Quality), yes.

For most others, no.

Repi, I like the "compiling shaders" load bars in the older Battlefield games, can you please bring them back? It makes my loading screen so much more enjoyable ;)

BF2 was the slowest loading game of all time, so no, please don't do anything like BF2's loading scheme. :)

Thanks repi, for a console. We love our local telemetry

Back