Battlefield 3 announced

NVIDIA CEO & Battlefield 3 Lead Developer To Kick-off GeForce LAN 6

In addition, there’ll be a 64-player Battlefield 3 multiplayer setup, featuring three brand new maps locked to Nvidia owners only, enhanced with tessellated tarmac, CUDA generated rainbows and Physx powered tea-bagging animations.

I wonder how many people turn up to GeForce LAN with AMD cards in their rigs for trolling purposes? I'm sure there must be a forum for that somewhere...

on an on-topic (kinda) note here's a bit of amusing BF3 commentary, the language is occasionally a bit colourful, but no worse than what's in the game, in case you care about kids/bosses/passing vicars hearing:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so looking forward to Davamand. DICE haven't been afraid to pioneer some new map ideas either it seems. This game is going to feel so fresh and exciting after the humdrum since BF2. Cannot wait.

I didn't notice rain in any vids I've seen. Care to link?

Rumors have it that Sharqui revisited will be a night map. I thought I'd hate any change to the classic maps, but thinking about Sharqui at night is quite exciting. If the helis have searchlights to sync with the gunner cannon then I'm going to be in heaven.

Clicking furiously on the BF3 blog... aaaaand... the other 5 maps are in!

I do wish the info given wasn't so focused on the rush mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish the info given wasn't so focused on the rush mode.
Yeah I don't really get the fascination with rush mode in their marketing material. Do the console people love it or something? Certainly it doesn't seem particularly popular on PC and for good reason... it's almost always worse than conquest gameplay unless you're just looking to screw around and get a few kills.

Man I love Rush. The intensity is high since everyone is going for two objectives. Rush on Valparaiso is one of my favorite things ever.

Can't deny the fun of Conquest on Atacama or Heavy Metal either, but that requires a much slower and methodical style of play. It's great how DICE can put so much variety and fun into these games. There's something for everybody.

I would love Repi to come and tell us there will be searchlights on helis. I can't get the image out of my head of the helo taking off of TV Tower and hunting for grunts with the beam dazzling those it finds.

Maybe if there isn't one he can realise what an awesome idea it is and put it to the team to be patched in later :p

That is nice, I'd not seen that before. There looks to be a reasonable wind there too. I wonder if it affects ballistics?

Real time weather and a day/night cycle would be fucking awesome. Put that night vision to use!

Man I love Rush. The intensity is high since everyone is going for two objectives. Rush on Valparaiso is one of my favorite things ever.
Yep, Rush tends to focus the action a bit more than Conquest, which works well on some maps. I love Conquest too though.

The improvement to 3D spotting he mentions in that vid I heartily welcome. Now when a spotted person moves behind cover the dorito dissapears. With that and all the other added processing it's no wonder BF3 servers are costing so much to run.

The improvement to 3D spotting he mentions in that vid I heartily welcome. Now when a spotted person moves behind cover the dorito dissapears. With that and all the other added processing it's no wonder BF3 servers are costing so much to run.

I wonder if you are unspotted when you are hidden from the spotter, or that you are unspotted when no enemy can see you. Because usually if you put the spot on someone 3 or 4 people will start looking/shooting.

Pre-ordered the limited edition today. First pre-order for me ever. I think it was the Beta withdrawal; DICE, don't fail me now!

Well, add me to the list of thousands who have cancelled their pre-order.

To order it on Origin instead. I want me some day 1 playage with no delivery worries!

Please do post the vid. Keeps us going for the next BF3-less weeks.

Back