Brink: Splash Damage latest FPS (Thread features DeanoC as master of secrets)

Then they'd have to pay for the trademark. :rolleyes:

Or not. ;) I see that Mirror's Edge didn't have any trouble. He didn't quite have the balls to go after EA, despite having suggestions of a game called "Mirrors, by Edge" in the unbelievably crappy site. But let's not bring this into this thread. :LOL:

Interesting blend between realistic and cartoony. Looks good though, especially the first shot ... PC I presume?

More images here:

http://www.splashdamage.com/content/new-brink-screenshots-appear-gamescom-2009

brink_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

At least a sign of life:
a new interview with studio boss Paul Wedgwood:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/splash-damage-paul-wedgwood-interview

Paul Wedgwood said:
To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around. Luckily it's not my job to understand job systems: we just hire really talented people to solve it instead. We have Dean Calver who was lead programmer on Heavenly Sword as lead programmer on Brink. The art director that we hired, Olivier Leonardi, was the art director behind Prince of Persia [Two Thrones] and Rainbow Six Vegas. We got Tim Appleby back in 2007. He'd just finished Mass Effect; he was the guy who created Shepard and the aliens and stuff. He's our lead character artist...Even our level designer Neil Alphonso was the lead level designer on Killzone 2.
Seems that they have enough money to buy the right people :mrgreen:
But, pleaaaaase...show us some real time ingame footage...now :mad:

When will we see actual gameplay? Big names mean nothing but hype untill we see something. I just hope too many cooks don't spoil the brew.
I am not really impressed by the art style as of now. Distinct - Yes. Appealing - No.
Maybe it all ties up when in motion.

When will we see actual gameplay? Big names mean nothing but hype untill we see something.

At least I dare to suppose that Dean Calver keeps an eye on the ol' PS3 in this multi-platform project, which should be good for both of us :smile:
PS3 version = Xbox360 version :oops:

At least I dare to suppose that Dean Calver keeps an eye on the ol' PS3 in this multi-platform project, which should be good for both of us :smile:
PS3 version = Xbox360 version :oops:

:???: Yeah after Heavenly Sword results I expect great things now on the ps3 version :???:

:???: Yeah after Heavenly Sword results I expect great things now on the ps3 version :???:

Hm, I always thought that graphics in Heavenly Sword were great. If one would list the graphic engine buzzwords it would be still a good challenger compared to actual games.
Ok, there were some framerate hickups (thanks god that I am nearly immune and don't get affected by such problems during gaming) but Dean Calver state (here in this forum) that this was not due to graphics but due to the 'not so well' optimized gameplay code:

DeanoC said:
Well any frame rate issues in HS are irrelevant to what nAo and Joker are discussing, HS is not bottlenecked by RSX nor SPUs most of the time.

So any framerate problems you see aren't caused by shaders, fill-rate or triangle counts but by game play system running on the PPU.

Why didn't designers think about those improvement before ? :)
It sounds like the right thing to do. Affects gameplay too. My favorite kind of change.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why wasn't there a footage on Smart Movement + firing ? Still working on it ? ^_^

I am a little burnt out on FPS. Something to spice up the basic shooting would be good (for me !).

I actually like the ending part a lot too. Those characters look very different. DeanoC, can we create cute characters ? Cute but lethal characters.

Back