OT KZ2 voicing opinions drekcetera

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Take it easy. It's a decent game, but not amazing. I bought it just like every one else, and I don't see why I can't point out the things I don't like about it. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Havent you noticed that alot of the PS3 owners that post on this forum are very very very very touchy about their games?

If you dont think [insert hyped PS3 exclusive] is absolutely perfect your going to get some ******* comment like that.

Whats even more ridiculous, is that the same people who claim that these games are perfect and the controls are great (and that where rude\flamed people for bringing up their griefs with the controls) now suddenly all think the patch did wonders for the controls.

If i didn't think MGS4 was the greatest game ever, i apparently am playing the game wrong. I have endless examples.

I dunno whats up, im to old to understand why some people are so touchy about their console and exclusive games. Do all of them work for Sony or something? Do they own seriously large amounts of Sony stock?

B3D has turned into some hybrid neoGaf with slightly more intelligence on average.

Havent you noticed that alot of the PS3 owners that post on this forum are very very very very touchy about their games?

If you dont think [insert hyped PS3 exclusive] is absolutely perfect your going to get some ******* comment like that.

Whats even more ridiculous, is that the same people who claim that these games are perfect and the controls are great (and that where rude\flamed people for bringing up their griefs with the controls) now suddenly all think the patch did wonders for the controls.

If i didn't think MGS4 was the greatest game ever, i apparently am playing the game wrong. I have endless examples.

I dunno whats up, im to old to understand why some people are so touchy about their console and exclusive games. Do all of them work for Sony or something? Do they own seriously large amounts of Sony stock?

B3D has turned into some hybrid neoGaf with slightly more intelligence on average.

So now we will segregate people for Sony fanboys and the rest of the world...

I am reader of this forums for 3 years and your preferences are more than obvious to me... But I wouldn't comment that in a manner presented in your post...

And judging by scores KZ2 gets, saying it's a decent game is at least big understatement

Yes you were, in fact you have complained about the game for the last 20 pages, the negativity started on page 4.

Control issues, party system, imaginary invisible walls, friendly A.I dying and talking... make it stop.

"Wasn't thrilled ... On the fence." I can't believe I was so negative. I was so negative that I was actually considering buying the game, and ended up buying it.

I can't help it if I keep finding new things about the game that I don't like. Here, I'll mention some things I do like:

The graphics are pretty. They do a good job of playing the strengths and hiding the weaknesses. Overall, it is the best looking game available on any console.

The weapon designs are good, and they sound good, and the flamethrower is pretty damn satisfying.

The difficulty levels are fair.

The dynamic objective system in multi player is REALLY slick and seamless, and I hope it becomes the standard.

The pacing of the levels is pretty solid.

Yes you were, in fact you have complained about the game for the last 20 pages, the negativity started on page 4.

Control issues, party system, imaginary invisible walls, friendly A.I dying and talking... make it stop.

Make it stop?

Hes playing the game and as he experiences more and more he shares his impression.

I feel sorry for you (and a lot of other people here) that somebody not thinking the game is superawesome at everything, and posting their impressions is a problem for you.

Why is it a problem for you?

Why shouldn't he post his impressions?

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe the general problem is people don't realize/acknowledge that what they post is only their own assessment/opinion. It may not reflect the general truth. This applies to the people who criticize and those who defend overzealously. You may be seeing the same effect on 2 opposite views.

The other thing is the context, the same statement can be interpreted in a conflicting manner under different contexts. This is a common problem on forum.

They do a good job of playing the strengths and hiding the weaknesses.
Not trying to get into another "bias" argument (for which, I have to say Ostepop you are misrepresenting the situation), but I find this comment particularly interesting in both context and origin. ;)

In fact you are at least the third person who felt the need to say that regarding K2.

While undeniably true, it's almost a tautology for any good looking console game, so can you help me understand what makes K2 so special to deserve that viral reminder?

Not trying to get into another "bias" argument (for which, I have to say Ostepop you are misrepresenting the situation), but I find this comment particularly interesting in both context and origin. ;)

In fact you are at least the third person who felt the need to say that regarding K2.

While undeniably true, it's almost a tautology for any good looking console game, so can you help me understand what makes K2 so special to deserve that viral reminder?

Well, he said I was consistently negative, so I was trying to point out some positive things I could say about the game. I happen to think it is the best looking game I've seen on a console. The overall presentation is very nice. There's a lot of good lighting and effects. The low res textures are hidden in places that you won't really pay much attention to them.

You should take into account the factors why such discussions are prolonged over several pages. Maybe becouse when somebody airs their impressions/opinions there are is a "party" jumping in to discredit/counter/etc the voiced opinion/impression. And this takes it over several pages and God knows how many more where deleted posts included!

Mainly things to derail and create bad ambient is the extremly defensive fan(boys) that talks about the poster(s) and not about his comment(s) and reflecting over 'why/how/where?' regarding the comment. In short a personal witch hunt for what seems to be an attempt to discredit/annoy/get him/her banned.

Well I have to admit, discrediting and annoying some posters (but not getting them banned) is a hobby of mine, and god knows we have a lot of trolls here.

Nice reflection on derailing though. ;)

Well I have to admit, discrediting and annoying some posters (but not getting them banned) is a hobby of mine, and god knows we have a lot of trolls here.

Nice reflection on derailing though. ;)

Annoying posters with intent is basically trolling?

I think that with about 1000 fps's out there, you'll see more and more that people can develop a very specific and particular taste. People who have played a lot of fps tend to also have a 360 and/or a PC that they've been playing these on. But even on the PS3 there's already a tonne of these things. Killzone 2 is a high profile fps that caught the attention of the press and general public and has a lot of people playing it who otherwise ignore fps on the PS3.

Combine this with PS3 owners who don't play that many FPS games at all, or don't play a lot on other platforms and we get even more polarised opinions than usual. I happen to think that Killzone is absolutely great, but I never got into Call of Duty so I'm neither used to those controls nor used to its multiplayer, and I'm very happy with what Killzone does. The controls both in single player and multiplayer seem to me absolutely great, but I'm used to playing FPS games with the sixaxis, and I never played with the pre-patch controls so I can't tell the difference either.

But I am so used to hearing from people who generally play all their fps games (both exclusive 360 and multiplatform) on the 360, so that if there's a fundamental disagreement there, I'm never surprised. I think both sides of the extreme generally do a lousy job of both respecting each other's opinion (so many fps's, so many tastes), and there are a lot of people who care more about expressing their opinion as strongly as possible rather than bring nuanced arguments to the table. Some combine the two. It's clear which approach leads to a better, more informed and pleasant discussion, and I can only suggest that people try to keep discussions on this board at the high level most of us seem to enjoy and have a hard time finding somewhere else.

However, for those who can't, this topic seems a good place to hang out ... !

And judging by scores KZ2 gets, saying it's a decent game is at least big understatement

I'd suggest discussing this topic with L233, I'm sure you'll gain a lot of insight from it. Be sure to mention Bethesda a few times along the way.

Y'know, this thread looks like a misappropriation of Site Feedback to me. Anyone care to explain why it isn't? The last sentence of the OP looks like pasties on a stripper to me.

Back