The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

I ran NGS2 demo on my PS3 & can anyone confirm this?

I noticed that the framerate of the cut-scene run at 30fps while the 360 version seem to run at 60fps.

I ran NGS2 demo on my PS3 & can anyone confirm this?

I noticed that the framerate of the cut-scene run at 30fps while the 360 version seem to run at 60fps.

Cutscenes in 360 version ran at a framerate anywhere between 35-50...it was almost never 60. [check the analysis to see it yourself]. However it is indeed locked to 30 in NGS2.

I must be missing something, how would the distribution say anything about double versus triple buffering? While the histogram graph is pretty poor quality, the two don't look all that different - otherwise the means would be more different.

I doubt the lack of triple buffering on the 360 is due to preference, but I don't want to rehash Mazer's argument.

The 30 fps bar on the 360 is overall more predominance than that of the ps3. It means the 360 was able to maintain that more consistently. Add to the fact, that the PS3 dropped down to single digit fps for a couple of second, means without tripple buffer it would suffer more dramatic result. While the 360 was able to have a more playable with double buffer, why add a few ms of delay, when it's playable with 30 fps with a couple of screen tears?

It's really backing up what Joker was saying all this time.

The 30 fps bar on the 360 is overall more predominance than that of the ps3. It means the 360 was able to maintain that more consistently. Add to the fact, that the PS3 dropped down to single digit fps for a couple of second, means without tripple buffer it would suffer more dramatic result. While the 360 was able to have a more playable with double buffer, why add a few ms of delay, when it's playable with 30 fps with a couple of screen tears?

It's really backing up what Joker was saying all this time.

We talking of a game who works 720p on the ps3 with better shaders, light, texture vs 360 588p, where is the surprise of 360 smoother and better db? :???: Again the vsync is another story and there are different opinions in the web but anyone for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any analysis of the Uncharted 2 demo yet? I mean other than DF's article on how impressive it is. I haven't noticed the tearing which i felt was the biggest blemish for the first one and seems to have a fairly steady framerate (locked at 30?).

Any analysis of the Uncharted 2 demo yet? I mean other than DF's article on how impressive it is. I haven't noticed the tearing which i felt was the biggest blemish for the first one and seems to have a fairly steady framerate (locked at 30?).

Game is Triple buffered with V-Sync.
Framerate is locked at 30 & rarely has any drops.

We talking of a game who works 720p on the ps3 with better shaders, light, texture vs 360 588p, where is the surprise of 360 smoother and better db? :???: Again the vsync is another story and there are different opinions in the web but anyone for sure.

What game are you talking about? I was referring to Wolfenstein.

Games that runs 720p with better shaders/light/texture vs 588p on another platform, indicates there other issues such as *lazy devs* or that *not taking use of the platform strengths*. Such comparison should known if you're going to have lower quality texture, then memory would be an issue, wouldn't triple buffer seems add to the problem?

Games that runs 720p with better shaders/light/texture vs 588p on another platform, indicates there other issues such as *lazy devs* or that *not taking use of the platform strengths*. Such comparison should known if you're going to have lower quality texture, then memory would be an issue, wouldn't triple buffer seems add to the problem?

Ok sorry. Rewind. Wolfenstein on 360 has enough tearing , to be honest I prefer ps3 vsync with some more dips than the tearing on the 360 :???: . Simply I don't understand the logic where the lack of triple buffering on the 360 is for the better double buffer when just this game prove the exact opposite :???: Yeah probably ps3 can suffer more with the double buffer but why not triple buffering on 360 if it isn't a problem? For what I knew ati cards on the pc have more struggle with triple buffering than the nvidia but I can't explain a reason.

I wouldn't call that Lazy Dev. I would call it troubled developer. The former head for Team Ninja along with a decent number of staff publicly left and sued Tecmo during that time. If you had played previous Team Ninja games and then played that one you would know that there was something seriously wrong during the development of that game. Seriously if everything was alright at Tecmo especially with MS as the publisher NG2 should have never made it out the door in the state it was in.

Ok sorry. Rewind. Wolfenstein on 360 has enough tearing , to be honest I prefer ps3 vsync with some more dips than the tearing on the 360 :???: .

Do you actually play any of these games on the 360? Because I'm really confused. First in another thread you claimed some other 360 game (I forget the name of it) had tearing, even though PS360's measurements showed that it had 0% tearing. Now you are saying the tearing in Wolfenstein 360 is bad, when I just played through the whole demo and barely noticed it. Are you really playing these games on your 360 or are you just making assumptions based on the measurements? You do realize that you can have 100% tearing and the user still may never notice it, it just depends where it happens on screen, which incidentally happens to be relatively predictable on 360.

If you are actually playing them on your 360, then what is your TV setup? It really is starting to seem like there is problem with your 360 + TV setup because you are seeing tearing in games where there is none, or you are seeing "bad tearing" when it's downright minimal.

Lens of Truth just posted their analysis of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Brutal Legend demo.

PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 29.41 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 29.14
PlayStation 3 Avg. Frame Tear: 6.35% / Xbox 360 Avg Frame Tear: 0.78%

Head2Head: Brutal Legend Demo

Do you actually play any of these games on the 360? Because I'm really confused. First in another thread you claimed some other 360 game (I forget the name of it) had tearing, even though PS360's measurements showed that it had 0% tearing. Now you are saying the tearing in Wolfenstein 360 is bad, when I just played through the whole demo and barely noticed it. Are you really playing these games on your 360 or are you just making assumptions based on the measurements? You do realize that you can have 100% tearing and the user still may never notice it, it just depends where it happens on screen, which incidentally happens to be relatively predictable on 360.

If you are actually playing them on your 360, then what is your TV setup? It really is starting to seem like there is problem with your 360 + TV setup because you are seeing tearing in games where there is none, or you are seeing "bad tearing" when it's downright minimal.

What do you talking about? :???: When I have said a game with 0 tearing suffer on 360 when it isn't just to know? :???: And yes wolfenstein suffer enough tearing on the 360 (never said bad however, I said enough) , I seen to my eyes and was better total vsync than that, measurement or less. I mean this post seems more try to destroy the credibility of someone because have a different opinion indeed to discuss.... Come on, not take of personal when we talking of the 360, it's ridicolous. ;)

What do you talking about? :???: When I have said a game with 0 tearing suffer on 360 when it isn't just to know? :???: And yes wolfenstein suffer enough tearing on the 360 (never said bad however, I said enough) , I seen to my eyes and was better total vsync than that, measurement or less. I mean this post seems more try to destroy the credibility of someone because have a different opinion indeed to discuss.... Come on, not take of personal when we talking of the 360, it's ridicolous. ;)

You made a post in this thread about some 360 game having tearing issues. I can't remember the name of the game because you have since deleted your post. But I read your original post before you deleted it, and PS360's subsequent measurements showed the game had 0.0% tearing on 360. Therefore I can conclude the obvious, that there is something wrong with your 360, or something wrong with your 360+TV combination because you are getting tearing when no one else does. That would explain why you constantly complain about tearing on your 360 games, because your setup is somehow significantly worsening the tearing problem. So, I'd like to know what TV your 360 is hooked to, maybe there is an incompatibility between the two.

You made a post in this thread about some 360 game having tearing issues. I can't remember the name of the game because you have since deleted your post. But I read your original post before you deleted it, and PS360's subsequent measurements showed the game had 0.0% tearing on 360. Therefore I can conclude the obvious, that there is something wrong with your 360, or something wrong with your 360+TV combination because you are getting tearing when no one else does. That would explain why you constantly complain about tearing on your 360 games, because your setup is somehow significantly worsening the tearing problem. So, I'd like to know what TV your 360 is hooked to, maybe there is an incompatibility between the two.
Probably I delete the post because I have misunderstood the game but honestly I don't remember which now. I fix my post often because I'm not english.

can anyone find solid gameplay of both versions of bayonetta?

I'm curious as to how both perform.:???:

the only thing i can find of both version are these vids.

PS3
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_ps3_gameplay-13072_en.html

http://v2betav2.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_e3_demo_part_1-11517_en.html

word is also out that a demo will be hitting soon in some parts within 24 hrs, and i'm wishing it's in my neck of the woods:smile2:,or in someones that's able to an analysis, anyways, hopefully we'll know what Rez, AA, and FPS both games run at by then.

can anyone find solid gameplay of both versions of bayonetta?

I'm curious as to how both perform.:???:

the only thing i can find of both version are these vids.

PS3
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_ps3_gameplay-13072_en.html

http://v2betav2.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_e3_demo_part_1-11517_en.html

word is also out that a demo will be hitting soon in some parts within 24 hrs, and i'm wishing it's in my neck of the woods:smile2:,or in someones that's able to an analysis, anyways, hopefully we'll know what Rez, AA, and FPS both games run at by then.
I bet PS360 will probably have video from at least 1 version soon enough. Comes out this month in Japan.

I bet PS360 will probably have video from at least 1 version soon enough. Comes out this month in Japan.

yeah, that sounds good, either build will do.:smile2:

you know, Ive been wondering how platinum games and Capcom are able to make their games run at 720p, 60 fps for 360. shouldn't they be affected by the ED memory inside of the system?

Back