Japan: 5.90m
Other: 7.94m

Wii Forecast for the next FY: 25m
DS Forecast for the next FY: 28m

Wii Software forecast for the next FY: 177m
DS software forecast for the next FY: 187m

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: 14.77 million
Brain Age 1 and 2 (combined): 23.81 million

DS has 57 million-selling games (LTD). As of last year, there were 30.

Smash Bros Brawl: 4.85 million as of March 31

There are 26 million-sellers on the Wii.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/index.html

Personally I think it's a bit optimistic but Nintendo has proven us all wrong repeatedly since Nov 06 so we'll see.

Now if only we could get the same stats and breakdown for the other two.... :| (unlikely, I know).

Congratulations, Mari-... Nintendo. ;)

Ok but where's the financials part of the financials post! ;)

Anyway here's the breakdown:

For the most recent fiscal year it was revenues of 1,672,423 M yen, a 73% increase over the previous year.

For net income (profit) it was 257,342 M yen, a 47.7% increase.

So... to work those numbers into your local currency, simply convert the yen figures above and multiply by one million. In dollars (for today) it's ~$16 billion in revenue and ~$2.5 billion in profits.

Now if only we could get the same stats and breakdown for the other two.... :| (unlikely, I know).

Well, this was yearly for Nintendo, but Microsoft reports their quarter results later today... so the insights into that will be coming. Sony's year-end and quarterly results will be on May 14th.

Ah, thanks Carl. :oops:

It seems Nintendo are forecasting even higher profits ( > $3 billion ?) for the following year. :oops:

The 26 million-sellers is a surprise. Checking Wikipedia, the 360 has 27 on it's list, with one of them being the live arcade game Uno. And that's with the 360 having a year's headstart, plus the 360's hardcore audience. Yet there's still the myth out there that supposedly, Wii buyers don't buy games.

The 26 million-sellers is a surprise. Checking Wikipedia, the 360 has 27 on it's list, with one of them being the live arcade game Uno. And that's with the 360 having a year's headstart, plus the 360's hardcore audience. Yet there's still the myth out there that supposedly, Wii buyers don't buy games.

The wiki is incomplete.

I wonder what the million sellers are? Are they counting VC titles?
They're listed on VGChartz.
I count a good 15 that are Nintendo titles, counting Nintendo published. They dominate the top end. The 3rd party titles are ranked lower, and you'll see there's a definite light-hearted entertainment pattern to the titles. Compare the top listing with XB360 and PS3. Just a glance at the box-arts shows the entirely different positioning of the Wii library!

Has Nintendo provided any numbers (solid or forecasted) for downloadables and peripheral sales? The latter is where they are surely making an obscene amount of money.

Has Nintendo provided any numbers (solid or forecasted) for downloadables and peripheral sales? The latter is where they are surely making an obscene amount of money.

There's peripheral numbers from NPD but no breakdown for N (or any manufacturer) that I've seen. Remember wiiplay + remote is counted as software which seriously stunts their numbers there, but I don't doubt their margins are huge for accessories.

They're listed on VGChartz.
I count a good 15 that are Nintendo titles, counting Nintendo published. They dominate the top end. The 3rd party titles are ranked lower, and you'll see there's a definite light-hearted entertainment pattern to the titles. Compare the top listing with XB360 and PS3. Just a glance at the box-arts shows the entirely different positioning of the Wii library!

That means there are 11 not from nintendo, more if you discount those only published by nintendo. Not bad if you ask me given the lack of effort put into most titels from the last year. Luckily some devs have seen the light and start putting some effort in their games Like PES. Lets hope that pays back in sales.

Back