world hunger - help end it, for free (seriously)

God isn't feeding any hungry mouths; only people can do that.

I don' see why we should ask for the blessing of a god that has created a world where people starve to death and die of all kinds of hrrible diseases. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

I'd as soon invoke the tooth fairy to be honest.

Mixing religion and charity has always given me the creeps. It's taking advantage of weakened people and putting them in a situation that makes them emotionally indebted. It's not right.
Peace.

Ok, ok... let's not get all RPSC over this. :p

Personally I think if the link is worth clicking I'll forego my soapbox.

Cheers.

God isn't feeding any hungry mouths; only people can do that.

I don' see why we should ask for the blessing of a god that has created a world where people starve to death and die of all kinds of hrrible diseases. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

I'd as soon invoke the tooth fairy to be honest.

Mixing religion and charity has always given me the creeps. It's taking advantage of weakened people and putting them in a situation that makes them emotionally indebted. It's not right.
Peace.

God moves the hearts of men.

If people get free rice from charity, how can local farmers sell their products? If it's not worth farming, why bother?

I say bring them tools to grow their own food, give them fishing rods, not fish.

I don't think farmers are in trouble right now with sky high food price, and anyway the problem is with urban people unable to afford food.

I decided not to cheat and use a web dictionary and ending up getting a couple words wrong. Although it still lets you go on.

And why the hell must people drag arguments about politics/religion given the slightest inclination. Keep your damn egos in check. It was a harmless comment because want it or not the majority of people in the world believe in a higher power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why a boring religion argument was introduced but the solution to world hunger as well as AGW and other issues certainly is political.

Noone can save the world. All that charity crap just makes some fat arses even fatter while not helping anybody. So no, without me.

My thesis is tied to these things. Nathan Keyfitz has said it best himself. Food aid should be used to avert famine. Continued "gift food" will only increase dependence. If there is not enough food to avert a single famine then why bother? Wouldn't it be best to let nature run its course?

Considering that stopping food aid unless it can spare a country from famine is unlikely the next best thing is limiting population growth as a prerequisite to food aid.

Back