Nat reading strict with a wrt300n

My xbox 360 nat has suddenly changed from open to strict. I am using a Linksys wrt300n with UPNP. Up until about a week ago it was working fine then with no settings firmware or other changes it goes from open to strict. I have tried everything to get it back to open. I tried port forwarding, DMZ, and anything else i could find online and nothing seems to be working. I am growing desperate can anyone help me?

that linksys wireless N router is a complete piece of garbage. I struggled getting things to work with it for months. My guess is the router is stuck as it can often get, and you need to unplug it for a few minutes and plug it back in.

Man that download messed me up. I downloaded it and lost all internet access accept to the router settings page. so i tried to put the linksys firmware back on and i got internet access now but the router has decided to continue calling itself dd-wrt and refuses me access to the router settings page.

Man that download messed me up. I downloaded it and lost all internet access accept to the router settings page. so i tried to put the linksys firmware back on and i got internet access now but the router has decided to continue calling itself dd-wrt and refuses me access to the router settings page.

<sigh> did you read the instructions? Did you install v2.4 and have a you a v1 router? Did you reset the router to factory defaults before and after? Did you install the right firmware type? Did you try using tftp to recover? Did you reset your modem? Did you remember that DD-WRT uses a different IP address from Linksys for your LAN? Did you upgrade from a fixed wired connection, not wireless?

Yes I used vr 24. yes i reset it before and after. yes it was the standard version firmware. I dont even know what tftp is my computer knowlege is very limited. yes i reset my modem. yes i got into the page a few times before being locked out. no i did not upgrade from a wired connection because i do not have one.

Yes I used vr 24. yes i reset it before and after. yes it was the standard version firmware. I dont even know what tftp is my computer knowlege is very limited. yes i reset my modem. yes i got into the page a few times before being locked out. no i did not upgrade from a wired connection because i do not have one.

The instructions explicitly state that you should upgrade firmware from a wired connection, not from a wireless link. Wireless is designed to work with lots of dropouts and retransmissions, and is not suitable for upgrading firmware. This is most likely the case with the original firmware too.

If your computer knowledge is "very limited" you should not really be upgrading firmware on anything, and you should certainly not be doing it in a way the flashing instructions tell you not to, as you are just as likely to brick your router.

All you needed to do was carry your router to your PC, and use a standard Cat 5 network cable to flash the new firmware.

Back