What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have skype but I never use it and I don't remember my user ID there either. Will look into it.

I accepted your request, but you don't show in my friends list now.. sent you a request as well

Anyway, playing on a conquest server, join me if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno what's up, you aren't on my list and I don't see an invite from you :(

I've checked my friend requests numerous times throughout the weekend, and haven't received any new ones. It's the game's friend system. It's inherently bugged. I've encountered this exact same issue since beta. The only time I've received a friend request in a timely fashion was when the individual was sitting directly next to me at a LAN.

The Witcher 2 re-run on hard. The Kayran was fucking impossible and so were the Queen Endrega's. Cedrics Kayran trap worked pretty well, but it only incapacitates it once. The rest is up to you. Since I had no points in Footwork at that level, dodging it's tentacles was painful. Plus, I've noticed that with the increased difficulty, you need to be exact with the location of the Yrden trap, it's a little more lenient on easier difficulties. Plus, taking hits from the Kayran is totally unforgiving. It can literally kill you in one well placed hit.

Have your quickload on the ready.

The nicest aspect of 2.0 will be the fact that Dark Mode will offer improved gear as opposed to the other difficulties. I kinda wish each difficulty would scale accordingly with gear, from easy offering the weakest gear to insane providing vast improvements.

I'm playing (replaying) Two Worlds, Postal2, FEAR perseus mandate, Oblivion, Gothic3, Max Payne 1&2, Psychonauts, Farcry, Crisis, HL2, Sniper Elite, Gothic 2, Fallout 3.

I've been rotating through those games for about a year now (finishing none of them). Since my x1900xtx, fx60 rig has been left in the dust by new releases (mafia 2, gothic 4, duke nukem, two worlds2) NONE of which will run on my pc. So no Deus Ex for me either until I get a new PC, which I'm too cheap to do until I sell my harley (bad economic times...nobody wants one anymore). Plus I'm still kicking myself for building my PC for $3K and getting so few years (gaming) out of it...heck the next year or so (not long at all) you could get the same rig for < $1K. Never again!

Two Worlds even causes my system to overheat after about 3-4 hours of play! (and crash).

I replace my PC for about 1k every 3 years, works fine like that for me.
(Obviously just MoBo, CPU, RAM, GPU.)

Really, you don't need to spend 3K on a PC unless you want gobs of RAM or SSDs. I could build a PC for 1K not counting OS that would last for 6 years except for maybe GPU(Stuff moves too damn fast there), and I imagine pretty much anyone who is a regular can.

it seems you mostly need a radeon 5770. very affordable, at about $100.

yes, even Intel sells its high end CPUs at "only" $300 now (if you ignore the high end socket) ; as for GPUs they have been slowing down a lot, radeon 5000 series from 2009 are still current. nothing really more powerful replacing them yet, no more GPU architecture lasting only a single year.

Generally, resolution needs will determine your budget. 3k is pushing it though. Unless you want to add a 30in monitor as part of the budget.

Stole this from another board:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Biostar TZ68A+ ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6950 1GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($52.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $762.89

Hardly 3k!

That's a lot of power for $800! You could even throw in a decent sized SSD and stay under $1k. P.S. it's worth it.

Dreden or neliz have you guys ever received my BC2 friend requests? I wanna play some tonight and it'd be good to get up with some B3D mates.

That's a lot of power for $800! You could even throw in a decent sized SSD and stay under $1k. P.S. it's worth it.

Dreden or neliz have you guys ever received my BC2 friend requests? I wanna play some tonight and it'd be good to get up with some B3D mates.

I keep checking and I don't see any new requests. I've also looked for you but the only name that comes up is "homer_dog" who I've already sent a request to. The friends system is a little iffy. This exact same thing has happened numerous times, but what we can do is add the same servers to a list of favorites, I'm rather fond of a server called "Gray Cobras." I can relay the exact information when I get home.

Right, I'm actually "Homerless" in BC2. Homerdog was already taken when I registered. Homerless is my backup.

Okay I've sent you both friend requests again.

I found the "Gray Cobras" server but it is empty. :(

Dresden I searched for "JimNorton" on Steam and came up empty. There is a "Jim Norton" from Montgomery Alabama but I don't think that's you. Sorry for the stalking but I wanna pwn some noobers.

It might be easiest if you guys just join the B3D Steam group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I've sent you both friend requests again.

I found the "Gray Cobras" server but it is empty. :(

Dresden I searched for "JimNorton" on Steam and came up empty. There is a "Jim Norton" from Montgomery Alabama but I don't think that's you. Sorry for the stalking but I wanna pwn some noobers.

It might be easiest if you guys just join the B3D Steam group.

Hahaha! That's cool! I didn't even know B3D HAD a Steam group. I'm gonna join. What's it called? I did a pretty generalized search for "Beyond 3D" and didn't find anything.

I bought Metro 2033 on Steam for only 2.5 Euros. I even bought another one for my friend :D

so far, game is great...great graphics (I use DX11, 1080p, AAA, everything maxed except the two special DX11 options like tesselation and get 30-90 fps) and atmosphere, okish gameplay. Knowing the book, I wonder how the story turns out in this game...

Hahaha! That's cool! I didn't even know B3D HAD a Steam group. I'm gonna join. What's it called? I did a pretty generalized search for "Beyond 3D" and didn't find anything.

The group appears to be called "Beyond3D (B3D)".

Aha! I've accepted your request. I'm at work right now so no gaming till this evening.

Using my super admin powers I've made you our new Player of the Week. Congratulations!

The group appears to be called "Beyond3D (B3D)".

Aha! I've accepted your request. I'm at work right now so no gaming till this evening.

Using my super admin powers I've made you our new Player of the Week. Congratulations!

Hey now! Do I like....get a party hat? Or something.

I sent out a few invites to people from B3D, as well, so if you received a random invite from someone named "Dresden," don't be alarmed. That's my awkward attempt at saying hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back