New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please list the corresponding score to the corresponding media?

thanks.

Indeed - I think it goes like this.

10/10 PLAY
9/10 Doupe

"+ Successful combat system
+ Breathtaking locations
+ Great music, sounds, dubbing
+ Excellent graphic and animations
+ Epic and movie story

- Sometimes a lot of pounding into buttons
- Framedrops
- Short
- Minor bugs" (they reviewed the early review build i believe)

PSX Extreme 9/10

"-Nariko
-beautiful and spectacular
-fighting system

-

-lack of secrets
-little number of bosses/opponents diversity
-it could be longer"

PSW 8/10

"Stunning Visuals
+ Inspired use of the Sixaxis
+ Superb combat system
- Over too soon"

There should be a blue tinge from sub-surface scattering in the shadows. For you next game, perhaps? :p
I like constructive critics! anyway..the snow shader already has a term like that, just play the game and see :)

Indeed - I think it goes like this.

10/10 PLAY
9/10 Doupe

"+ Successful combat system
+ Breathtaking locations
+ Great music, sounds, dubbing
+ Excellent graphic and animations
+ Epic and movie story

- Sometimes a lot of pounding into buttons
- Framedrops
- Short
- Minor bugs" (they reviewed the early review build i believe)

PSX Extreme 9/10

"-Nariko
-beautiful and spectacular
-fighting system

-

-lack of secrets
-little number of bosses/opponents diversity
-it could be longer"

PSW 8/10

"Stunning Visuals
+ Inspired use of the Sixaxis
+ Superb combat system
- Over too soon"

i would like to point out that PSX Extreme is a multi platform magazine, others than that thanks for the compilation of the reviews.

i would even say thats longer than most TP action games. GoW took me around 7-8 hours, GoW2 took me about 8 hours, and DMC3 took me about 9-10 hours on my first runs through on normal difficulty.

i would even say thats longer than most TP action games. GoW took me around 7-8 hours, GoW2 took me about 8 hours, and DMC3 took me about 9-10 hours on my first runs through on normal difficulty.

Aye - so I'm guessing PSW gave them all 8 as well if that's their only critique.

This game is still the "must-buy" for me whenever I pick up a PS3.
I'm a sucker for any action adventure slash games.

Now I just need to wait it out for the next (or next-next) PS3 price drop.
BTW, does anyone know how the 80GB PS3 are handling BC with GOW 1 and 2?

This game is still the "must-buy" for me whenever I pick up a PS3.
I'm a sucker for any action adventure slash games.

Now I just need to wait it out for the next (or next-next) PS3 price drop.
BTW, does anyone know how the 80GB PS3 are handling BC with GOW 1 and 2?

I'm guessing they do just fine. I've tested them both on my European 60GB PS3, and I'm sure that has the same BC hardware/software as the 80GB US PS3.

Thanks Arwin!

Even though I've already played Ninja Gaiden and NG Black, I'll add that to the list after Heavenly Sword.

I really hope this game lives up to the hype that's been created over it. My friend tells me it looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to try it out myself.

My only minor gripe from what I've read is the QTEs. I feel it kinda takes you out of the action, albeit briefly.

Thanks Arwin!

Even though I've already played Ninja Gaiden and NG Black, I'll add that to the list after Heavenly Sword.

I really hope this game lives up to the hype that's been created over it. My friend tells me it looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to try it out myself.

My only minor gripe from what I've read is the QTEs. I feel it kinda takes you out of the action, albeit briefly.

Well they are better than having to watch a cut scene of her doing crazy things. I felt the point was to take you INTO the action, not OUT of it.

10 -12 hours IIRC.

if multiple reviews felt the need to say its short, i seriously doubt you're remembering accurately or read that from someone who knew what they're talking about. I'd expect ~6-8 hours for a comment like that to appear, i dont think these people who play games for a living just flung it in for fun.

if multiple reviews felt the need to say its short, i seriously doubt you're remembering accurately or read that from someone who knew what they're talking about. I'd expect ~6-8 hours for a comment like that to appear, i dont think these people who play games for a living just flung it in for fun.

Nope they said how long it was in the review. And it wasn't 6-8 hours lol

Well they are better than having to watch a cut scene of her doing crazy things. I felt the point was to take you INTO the action, not OUT of it.

Based on past games that use a similar technique, such as Prince of Persia, I feel it breaks up the action. I haven't seen how it's implemented in HS, so I could be wrong.

It could be the point was to have it appear to be more cinematic with the cool oooh and aaaah effects. Regardless, it's still on the top of my list for the PS3. Hopefully all the grumblings about the length are unwarranted. I love games that just keep on piling on the suprises and gameplay one after the other. The type when it does end you feel fully sated and need a couple of weeks to months before you want more.

Based on past games that use a similar technique, such as Prince of Persia, I feel it breaks up the action. I haven't seen how it's implemented in HS, so I could be wrong.

It could be the point was to have it appear to be more cinematic with the cool oooh and aaaah effects. Regardless, it's still on the top of my list for the PS3. Hopefully all the grumblings about the length are unwarranted. I love games that just keep on piling on the suprises and gameplay one after the other. The type when it does end you feel fully sated and need a couple of weeks to months before you want more.

Did POP have them...? I remember GOW and Tomb Raider...

They are obv for cinematic events like fighting in trees, clouds etc. I've always loved them. The ones in GOW are great. I think breaking up the action in a fat paced action game is a good idea. Gives your fingers a rest and lets your eyes expand with the visual godliness of the action you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back