Where the hell did the graphics and animation for MGS4 go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a slightly tiny difference though. These were tech demos. MGS4 trailer was supposed to depict the game (or atleast what we are going to get from the game)

How could it be depicting a game that was ~3 years away? It was shown off for marketing purposes and as such was nothing more then heavily filtered PR. If that went over your head, well then i'm sorry for you because you're going to be dissapointed after these events and the real products launch 90% of the time.

The day when graphics became everything was the day gaming, and more importantly the perception of whats good and not, went down the toilet.

There is a slightly tiny difference though. These were tech demos. MGS4 trailer was supposed to depict the game (or atleast what we are going to get from the game)

Actually they were depicting realtime cutscenes with a techdemo where developers moved the camera around in realtime. They didn't depict "gameplay" graphics assets/physics.

Actually they were depicting realtime cutscenes with a techdemo where developers moved the camera around in realtime. They didn't depict "gameplay" graphics assets/physics.

Who said they were showing the actual game? My point is that Kojima tends to deliver what he shows. That "tech demo" or whatever it may be called, wasnt its purpose to show the technical aspects of the PS3, but to show the visual quality that will be on the actual game. This is totally based on Kojima's credibility. If it was someone else I would have had a different opinion.

Dont forget there were other demos as well. The visual quality of the final demo showing gameplay elements differ from the original TGS trailer and from the later demos that depicted the physics of the game. These demos looked as good as the initial "tech demo". Its the last that showed the downgrade.

How could it be depicting a game that was ~3 years away? It was shown off for marketing purposes and as such was nothing more then heavily filtered PR. If that went over your head, well then i'm sorry for you because you're going to be dissapointed after these events and the real products launch 90% of the time.

The day when graphics became everything was the day gaming, and more importantly the perception of whats good and not, went down the toilet.

First I dont like your attitude. I tend to keep my tone down with anyone.

Secondly you avoid the part in ( ): (or atleast what we are going to get from the game)

Third Kojima is the last guy I d be expecting from him to go excessively PR and deliver less. The guy has credibility at delivering. Lots of it.

Lastly if you think all PS3 (or Kojima's team at that) can do is flat blurry textures and flat lighting then you are the one who should get over your head that the MGS4 initial trailer didnt show anything that seems impossible in "gameplay" real game enviroment. There are other games unreleased and released that have reached or even surpassed that quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said they were showing the actual game?

MGS4 trailer was supposed to depict the game (or atleast what we are going to get from the game)

Unless Konami was trying to depict Bubble Bobble, I'd say they tried to pass off the trailer/techdemo as what the "game" would look like. They even said the "game" will look even better. They even boasted about the stupid polygons in the mustache and the physics in the hair. Now that these horrible screenshots surfaced, what is the excuse now?

That "tech demo" or whatever it may be called, wasnt its purpose to show the technical aspects of the PS3, but to show the visual quality that will be on the actual game.

Read above.

The visual quality of the final demo showing gameplay elements differ from the original TGS trailer and from the later demos that depicted the physics of the game. These demos looked as good as the initial "tech demo". Its the last that showed the downgrade.

Huh?

Unless Konami was trying to depict Bubble Bobble, I'd say they tried to pass off the trailer/techdemo as what the "game" would look like. They even said the "game" will look even better. They even boasted about the stupid polygons in the mustache and the physics in the hair. Now that these horrible screenshots surfaced, what is the excuse now?

Read above.

Do a rerun on this thread on the possible reasons why the last demo looked less good

edited read again.

Possible reasons are just excuses to try and rationalize something that one cannot accept at face value.

So according to you this is all the PS3 can do

mediacar212yqdk3.jpg

According to that shot, it took a nosedive in the graphics department. That's the only FACT that can be extracted. Anything else is just hopes, faith and conjecture.

According to that shot, it took a nosedive in the graphics department. That's the only FACT that can be extracted. Anything else is just hopes, faith and conjecture.

So your rational way of thinking at work assumes that this is all that can be done on the PS3, that the demos that appeared after the first never existed and that all of the sudden Kojima Production's from ACE developers have turned into mediocre delivering PR developers.

Thats rational thinking:???:....tell me the secret for it. I want to learn how to think like that as well

Leave it Nesh , next year kojima will show what he was planning to show people will start sucking his balls again .

:LOL:
I don't know why these ss look inferior to the trailer, but it is not a good sign.

wait dont go. You still havent told me how to be rational.

No wait. I think I got it. So when rationality is at work, I should consider the fact that the screenshots look worse than the trailer as a bad sign and not the other way round like the trailer looking better being a good sign

It's really simple. If the ss look the same or better it's a good sign, if it looks worse it's a bad sign. No amount of rationalizing will change the facts.

It's really simple. If the ss look the same or better it's a good sign, if it looks worse it's a bad sign. No amount of rationalizing will change the facts.

Yeah I know. If the gameplay video/trailer looks better than the screenshots is a bad sign and if it looks just as good as the pics is a good sign :D

They don't look as good because the originals aren't representative of the actual game - they're representative of the tech demo. Now can someone please lock this bizarro portal to gaf?

Or because the game play elements weren't shown on the latest freaking build, after all they weren’t planning to show game play elements until next freaking year .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back