Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
gorgeous cars and lighting as always with GT. Disappoiting tracks graphically, though that'll do the job when driving around...
A last dynamic weather ToD, volumetric clouds, those were the bare minimum for last gen.
Wet conditions still look nowhere near as good as Driveclub though, those rain effects are laughable !
Some of the road textures looked awesome also.
track getting wet and drying over time is a feature that has been done last gen too.
Well at least it should look fabulous in VR this time.

Indonesia flag
Havent seen it in the game, but maybe its the flag of monaco (which has a history in F1 and currently a driver) they look near identical.
I dont know which country was first with the flag but whoever was second was just a dumb decision (NZ as well we could of changed the flag a few years ago because its shit but didnt, though in that case I believe australia was 2nd, but even if there was no oz flag the nz design still sux)

Visually quite disappointing considering what other cross gen racers have achieved while having to develop 5 builds as opposed to 3.
Is it? 60fps with dynamic weather and how many cars on screen on real or realistic looking racing tracks sounds like a good achievement to me.
It doesnt have the liberties of Forza. And to be honest Forza's realistic racing tracks dont look all that better because these tracks arent the most interesting in terms of art and scenery.

Visually quite disappointing considering what other cross gen racers have achieved while having to develop 5 builds as opposed to 3.

Its not much of a leap over GTS in the overall image/rendering, but that we knew since the gt7’s announcement didnt we. Its in the details aswell, finally dynamic weather which should have been there since last gen, aswell as other details. Its just a racer afterall, not that much you can do i guess if it has to look realistic.
Want to say crossgen but i think we cant blame crossgenfor everything :p

The State of Play was kinda amazing and got me hyped, I have to admit. Driveclub is the last game in this direction that I enjoyed. Tried FH5 because of GP is was "free" - absolutely not my thing unfortunately. However, the video yesterday somehow pushed the right buttons for me and reminded me about the old days, when I played GT with my buddy nonstop - so I might be on board this time, if the reviews are decent and don't reveal some "development hell BS".

Honestly, I was a bit shocked about all the simulation aspects (water cycle feeding clouds - I do not blieve it to be honest) - I would like to know more about this and am hoping for a game developer series, especially the claim of having a real time CFD simulation that feeds into the automotive simulator seems unreal to me. I want to know more about the method in use. If true, I would think that this could only be a smooth particle hydrodynamics approach, or maybe a lattice boltzmann automaton.

Reactions: snc
Is it? 60fps with dynamic weather and how many cars on screen on real or realistic looking racing tracks sounds like a good achievement to me.
It doesnt have the liberties of Forza. And to be honest Forza's realistic racing tracks dont look all that better because these tracks arent the most interesting in terms of art and scenery.

It kinda depends to wich game you compare it ;) The game dosent look bad at all, i think we have been spoiled a bit. Personally i feel that some aspects looks great (cars, lightning) but overall picture looks very sterile and empty. Maybe they are suffering from same mistakes as 343 with halo infinite, bad decisions, multiple engine changes etc. I am fully confident that next GT will knock us down visually.

It kinda depends to wich game you compare it ;) The game dosent look bad at all, i think we have been spoiled a bit. Personally i feel that some aspects looks great (cars, lightning) but overall picture looks very sterile and empty. Maybe they are suffering from same mistakes as 343 with halo infinite, bad decisions, multiple engine changes etc. I am fully confident that next GT will knock us down visually.
But I wonder what else is there to add in a racing circuit. They look sterile in real life too.

Some tracks look like they obviously used their internal procedural course maker to quickly make content for the game (High Speed Ring stands out as looking underwhelming and has course maker visuals). Dragon Trail looks like a straight port from GTSport with its awful vegetation. PD really should get some outsource help to get more man-power in making next-gen assets rather than porting over PS4 stuff.
imo Dragon Trail Seaside doesn't look like from internal procedural course maker as have quite uniqe corners, also some real tracks has worse vegetation like Bathurst with 2d bushes and low textures env (interesting if it will be improved on gt7).

I really liked the bit about the track getting wet then drying after the rain stops and the cars go through it(timestamped below)
also great feture that big track lilke Nordschleife, where one part can be wet and the other dry, funny was on one of gtsport streamer chat and he said he hoping for this feature and I wrote nah, doubt it will be so deep and here we even got weather map ;d

they improved infamous far view details of High Speed Ring
That's a whole lot better.

Watching the State of Play, I'm still seeing lots of scenery aspects that are jarringly lackluster, though. Like, it's still painfully cross-gen looking in many ways.

Honestly, people going gaga over this - I really dont get it. It looks like a pretty tame, yet welcome return to a traditional GT game. I'm excited about that, but people are acting like this is some giant leap and it's really....not. I think so many people have just kind of lost perspective and are getting overhyped since the last 'proper' GT was back on the PS3. So this feels a lot more fresh and new, when most everything shown kind of isn't.

EDIT: And no, it's not just cuz scenery is inherently uninteresting at many tracks. I'm talking the technical aspects of the scenery itself. You can still make a boring scene look great from a technical perspective.

That's a whole lot better.

Watching the State of Play, I'm still seeing lots of scenery aspects that are jarringly lackluster, though. Like, it's still painfully cross-gen looking in many ways.

Honestly, people going gaga over this - I really dont get it. It looks like a pretty tame, yet welcome return to a traditional GT game. I'm excited about that, but people are acting like this is some giant leap and it's really....not. I think so many people have just kind of lost perspective and are getting overhyped since the last 'proper' GT was back on the PS3. So this feels a lot more fresh and new, when most everything shown kind of isn't.

EDIT: And no, it's not just cuz scenery is inherently uninteresting at many tracks. I'm talking the technical aspects of the scenery itself. You can still make a boring scene look great from a technical perspective.
its still crossgen but some aspects like weather are surprisingly deep (tough disappointing rain only on selected tracks)

Maybe they are suffering from same mistakes as 343 with halo infinite, bad decisions, multiple engine changes etc. I am fully confident that next GT will knock us down visually.

Perhaps, while i do think cross-gen has to do with it, it cant be the sole reason either. Theres other cross-gen games that take better advantage of newer hardware. The implementation of RT could have ment some normal rendering tradeoffs aswell, ontop of that their going for 60fps above 1080p which doesnt seem all that easy said and done looking at other titles. You can only do so much with a 2.3x hw increase over last gen (pro) as DF has spoken about. Most games seem to scale according to the increase we got (10-ish TF).

Honestly, people going gaga over this - I really dont get it.

Not everyone, some do. Youtube, fb etc you see people blaming cross-gen for the smallest leap ever for a generational GT shift.

Back