Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, XGP]

nextgen level we were waiting for but not sure how much gameplay was here
its there I suspect, in the way vein the original was and I guess some parts of Ryse Son of Rome.
If you remove all the onscreen gui entirely, I suspect those games would look similar to this. Not really much actual game play at all until you come to combat which is fully player controlled.

Reactions: snc
hellblade.png

nextgen level we were waiting for but not sure how much gameplay was here

Looks like Uncharted "gameplay" walking/running interspersed with mini cut-scenes.

Edit: Essentially that would make it all real-time, which is astounding. Honestly, I better get used to 30fps gaming again. Even with a 3080, I am expecting the worst.

I don't mind those titles once in a while just as showcase pieces.
Also really looking forward to the Quantic Dreams SW title. I'm totally pumped for a pure CGI video.
detroit was realy good and I even like Order 1886 ;d (tough I paid like 15$ for it so different perspective...)

Looked like gameplay to me, apart from the very end.
Now whether the scripted gameplay looks intresting is a different matter and will be very dependent on the individual.

Watched the demo again and it’s been downgraded significantly. That being said, it still looks next gen and it was one of the better looking games shown at TGA. Arc Raiders looks significantly better than this and they showed actual gameplay.

Watched the demo again and it’s been downgraded significantly. That being said, it still looks next gen and it was one of the better looking games shown at TGA. Arc Raiders looks significantly better than this and they showed actual gameplay.

So one shows gameplay and the other shows "actual" gameplay. :p

They are both confirmed to be showing gameplay.

Regards,
SB

So one shows gameplay and the other shows "actual" gameplay. :p

They are both confirmed to be showing gameplay.

Regards,
SB
I know the original Hellblade was quite light on gameplay but if that was “gameplay” in the trailer, then it looks like David Cage and Quantic Dream have met their match. A large part of the video looked like it was on rails. Hellblade 1 also has decent foliage and if my memory is correct, that trailer was light on foliage. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that they switched to ue5.

Looks awesome! To be fair, the lighting and wet conditions have got to be the hardest to make look impressive... and despite not looking as pristine as the initial reveal trailer, I think there's actually a LOT of detail that IS there, but is lost behind the "wet" shaders as well as the DOF.. which honestly isn't helped by the youtube compression.

I think when people see this game in other conditions, they might realize it's actually pretty damn close.

Wonder if it was running on a Series X or PC? Hmm, hopefully we'll get answers soon.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

I know the original Hellblade was quite light on gameplay but if that was “gameplay” in the trailer, then it looks like David Cage and Quantic Dream have met their match. A large part of the video looked like it was on rails. Hellblade 1 also has decent foliage and if my memory is correct, that trailer was light on foliage. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that they switched to ue5.

It's a tiny slice of the game. We'll have to wait and see if that's representative of the setting for the game or not. It may or may not be like that throughout the game.

Regards,
SB

well the first trailer was prerendered afterall.
But it still looks amazing there, among the best shown, UE5 is great even outside tech demos for sure !

Reactions: snc
Back