Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Both Mercs have been warned several times now about gearbox sensor issues due riding the kerbs and told to stay out of them, now the issue has gone critical on both already

edit: Russel out, mechanical issues
edit2: Grosjean out too, mechanical issues
And another safety car
edit: Räikkönen's suspension and/or wheel fails just when safety car came in, another safety car it is then
edit: it was the wheel, literally just came off

Last edited:
Albon was overtaking Hamilton and they hit! Albon spins
edit: Hamilton should be looking at a penalty, Albon was already slightly ahead and Hamilton pushed him out of the track, hitting him
Stewards are looking into it

edit:
This old Fingerpori just became so much funnier
(Kimi Räikkönen's childhood, "Daddy is gonna go to the shop, wait here")
c420-gif.409926

edit: 5 sec penalty for Hamilton
edit: replays show that Hamilton didn't probably push him out on purpose, but didn't leave enough room nevertheless. Also 5 secs penalty for Perez for speeding on pitlane
edit Perez and Norris collided, Perezs fault but Norris ended up ahead so no big deal. Kvyat out, left rear wheel blew up

Last edited:
Valtteri wins, Hamilton finishes 2nd but 5 second penalty pushes him out of the podium to 4th
So after penalty the podium is Bottas, Leclerc and Norris
edit: and Norris gets extra point for fastest lap in the end

Formula 1 season to start with eight races in Europe

F1 2020 opening calendar
3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52883244
The track layouts will be exactly the same at the back to back races at Red Bull Ring and Silverstone?

Hamilton gathered 4 penalty points this weekend and is now at 7 points, couldn't find for sure when his next points will drop out (each point lasts a year I think?). If driver hits 12 points he gets automatic 1 race ban.

Last edited:
brilliant race, gutted for albon, happy for norris
lots of rust which imho is good, perfection is boring

bottas beating hamilton good for championship
next race at same venue, can merc run the kerbs? will rbr have time to diagnose and fix their issue?

Personally thought the penalty on Lewis was harsh.
Huh? If anything he got off easy, robbing another driver from podium and throwing him last in the race so close to end of the race with clear violation of rules

It's unclear what Hamilton could have done to avoid hitting Albon. At the point he entered the corner, he was ahead, and he didn't open the steering at all before the collision with Albon. It's also common for people going round the outside of that corner to end up well on to the kerb, so there was room left for Albon.

It's unclear what Hamilton could have done to avoid hitting Albon. At the point he entered the corner, he was ahead, and he didn't open the steering at all before the collision with Albon. It's also common for people going round the outside of that corner to end up well on to the kerb, so there was room left for Albon.
Yes, end up on kerbs at the exit which is exactly where Albon was going if Hamilton hadn't touched, had he been any more on the outside he would have been running out from track regardless of Hamilton. Hamilton should have yielded the position by lifting ever so slightly, since Albon was already well ahead. Even Brundle knew right away Hamilton was at fault, like in Brazil.
edit: for what it's worth, even Hamilton himself didn't really challenge the ruling, though he said it felt more like racing incident to him

Last edited:
To quote Inspector Clouseau, “That felt good!” Another race like this, please. Slower laptimes next weekend as people pussyfoot around the kerbs so their cars last the whole race?

Still disappointed with F1 graphics for being almost actively uninformative (highlighting on track battles by replacing timing data with an arrow...). It’s 2020. TV is digital. Push the graphics to the edge of the screen and always show the tire compound everyone’s on.

While I feel Hamilton deserved a penalty for not leaving enough room and thus hurting Albon’s race, he did leave almost enough. Verstappen drove Leclerc clear off the road last year in Austria in a mostly similar situation (i.e., two cars taking a corner side by side) and received no penalty. I don’t understand the difference. Is it just the result and not the action? Why wasn’t it Lewis’ corner?

Don’t understand why Merc and McLaren didn’t tell their drivers toward the end of the race to agree not to fight for two laps to build a gap / catch up respectively, especially with reliability an issue.

Weird how Haas still haven’t gotten a handle on their brakes. Just insufficient cooling on a really hot day?

While Sky did mention that Ferrari engine teams took a step backwards, I’m surprised that the two Renault teams showed so well.

While I feel Hamilton deserved a penalty for not leaving enough room and thus hurting Albon’s race, he did leave almost enough. Verstappen drove Leclerc clear off the road last year in Austria in a mostly similar situation (i.e., two cars taking a corner side by side) and received no penalty. I don’t understand the difference. Is it just the result and not the action? Why wasn’t it Lewis’ corner?
Verstappen definitely deserved penalty for it, even though he wasn't given one.
The corner wasn't Hamilton's because Albon was ahead when it happened.

Same rules for everyone in every incident would be nice, but it feels like that hasn't been the case in F1 for at least couple decades now if not longer.

About Hamilton vs Albon, a bit of context: It's the second time in a few races that Albon is took out from the race by the experimented Hamilton, while he was going for a podium (his first podium), in both cases Hamilton unharmed from the incident.

About Hamilton vs Albon, a bit of context: It's the second time in a few races that Albon is took out from the race by the experimented Hamilton, while he was going for a podium (his first podium), in both cases Hamilton unharmed from the incident.
It really shouldn't matter who hit who and what the end result was, when rules are broken. It should be the action, not the result.

It really shouldn't matter who hit who and what the end result was, when rules are broken. It should be the action, not the result.
I disagree. Sometimes the repetition of an incident tell us that it was not really and accident and it tells us something else. For instance Vettel vs Leclerc last year when he already bumped into another driver in a similar way showed us that Vettel is really dangerous in a formula one car, particularly against his partner.

Twice Hamilton vs Albon tells me Hamilton is experienced enough to litteraly get rid of inexperienced drivers in a shitty way (with just one small penalty). When one could argue it wasn't actually deserved this time, it's the repetition of that incident that makes the penalty deserved.

It's like a red card in foot ball. 2 yellow cards = 1 red card.

Vettel Leclerc in Brazil was interesting because Leclerc made the same move (chopping in front) on the same straight on Lando earlier in the race, but Lando avoided him. Despite Vettel’s current reputation as shaky when going wheel to wheel, I think the Vet-Lec incident was closer to 50-50 because of Lec’s earlier move.

Back