Destiny 2

D2 is a great game! It costs 70 Euros and I had 40h of fun! Perfect gameplay, cool settings, cool stuff to do.

That is a very good value imo.

D1 had its flaws as well! And I played D1 roughly the same amount, with all the DLC...

No one played 3.7k of D1...right?!?

When was D1 released? About 4 years ago? So roughly 1000h a year, so roughly 20 hours per week...never!
Can you imagine?? Even after all the expansions, it's the same missions over and over again - which is what Destiny is about. But 3700 hours. Wow. 3 and a half hours a day, every single day, for 3 years.

Heh I put over 3500hrs into D1. It was pretty much the only game that I played since its release, and I played it all the way up until the release of D2. 2017 was finally the year I started playing a few other games.

3-4 people in my group were as dedicated as I was. Those guys were the only reason that I kept playing.

Last edited:
Heh I put over 3500hrs into D1. It was pretty much the only game that I played since its release, and I played it all the way up until the release of D2. 2017 was finally the year I started playing a few other games.

3-4 people in my group were as dedicated as I was. Those guys were the only reason that I kept playing.
damn man, you got good mileage out of that. Probably saved you tons of money since you didn't go out (to drink), or buy any other titles.

damn man, you got good mileage out of that. Probably saved you tons of money since you didn't go out (to drink), or buy any other titles.
Heh games for sure. ;)

Nah but I usually only buy 4-5 games a year anyway. I was more of a casual gamer before Destiny (in terms of gaming hours).

Probably over half of those hours were in the first year alone...the game really pulled me in.

Earlier on I was still stupidly buying games and not playing them. At one point I had 2-3 games still in the shrink wrap months after release. Then I finally just stopped buying games because I never played them.

I managed to get through 2 of the games that I did buy, but I still have a few in my backlog (Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank).

Last edited:
I estimated 2500-3000 hours for me in D1. "TimewastedonDestiny.com" was my baseline, it had me at 1910 hours on D1 last I had checked (I played a few more after that too). That's assuming it honestly captured all of my hours, all hours on all deleted characters etc which I'm a little skeptical of.

But, it doesn't count tower time or orbit time by design. Now sure, I idled plenty in orbit or tower, but also a lot of that was active gameplay (or I guess just some active waiting to load in in orbit, but also micromanaging gear etc). So just pulling numbers out of my butt, I figure conservatively another 500-1000 hours of active gameplay in tower and orbit. So that put me somewhere around 2500-3000 I suppose.

I have a hard time believing I played LESS than anyone here though, LOL. I mean, I slogged through a hundred rumble wins at about a 1 in 10 win rate, just as one of many examples (plus 100 doubles, skirmish, etc, all solo queue!). I flawless soloed Crota. Max grimoire. Etc.

Edit: Final time wasted on destiny.com D1=1965
D2 so far=130

I still think timewasted is missing some huge chunks of my hours for some reason via deleted, I felt like I deleted several long term characters (it only shows one long term deleted character). But it's just a vague idea I dont have specific thoughts about it, so I cant say I think it is wrong with a specific example in mind, so it might be right.

My Destiny hours totally changed my view on gaming time though. Before hearing an Assassin's Creed game was 40 hours with sidequests sounded ridiculously daunting. Now it sounds like nothing.

What are you guys time wasted on Destiny figures?

I managed to get through 2 of the games that I did buy, but I still have a few in my backlog (Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank).

Same, when I quit Destiny I beat a few campaigns of stuff sitting there. Halo 5, Gears 4, Titanfall 2. None were all that fun compared to Destiny, but the best was Halo 5. Titanfall 2 was actually horrid.

I suppose I should beat Quantum Break next, I stopped playing that campaign partway through. Campaigns are pretty boring after Destiny though.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the Nightstalker "kit" altogether pretty good?

The invis, the dodge, even the super is what's surprising me. Is it actually a pretty good super? Now I'm in crappy lobbies that a 1 k/d would be in, but I've pulled some nice plays with it. Plus, since i dont EXPECT anything out of it, it's kind of fun. It's just like a bonus if you get anything out of tether, so with low expectations you can only pleasantly surprised.

I think it helps I dont really generally aim it at anybody. i just aim "near" at the wall or floor for the tethering, and I try to not be in their line of fire, fire from a position of safety etc.

It's also a cheap way to help the KD/A because anybody tethered counts as an assist for you if they get killed by teammates since your tether did a little damage to them. Sometimes I'll shoot tether, die and pick up a couple more assists because my teammates killed them.

Also I'm slow and bad, so it always takes me a while before any class ability becomes second nature. Once I become attuned to it, I get a lot more out of the hunter dodge. Vs for whatever reason I'm having a hard time remembering or finding reason to use my Titan wall.

I'm using basic vortex grenades. i find them a decent pulse substitute, for choking off doors or chucking into a throng of enemies and hoping for some postmortem kills or something,.

As always, it's probably 100% the lobbies, but I've been doing way better with my nightstalker+stompees than with my Striker Titan+actium war rig.

There's a lot of speed involved between Mida and Stompees at least. Feels pretty fast. Jump is good, with titan the float jump is so annoying, you get "stuck" up there. I'm using just double jump, I'm guessing with stompees it gets near the height of triple anyway.

I dont use the smoke grenade AT ALL yet. I need to start using that. I wonder if the good players are using the quiver tree without quiver activated to get smokes+normal shadowshot? Too late for me, I've got the timed smokes.

Last edited:
d96d5885800b23f13d2a8ee942d5221b.jpg

https://www.wastedondestiny.com

shows 3801h now. There are players with more excessive playtime. Just scanning the PS4 leaderboard I'm not making the top 3000.

Edit: And these are only the recorded players, so people who checked their stats in sites like destiny tracker I suppose. D2 time is 160h.

Same, when I quit Destiny I beat a few campaigns of stuff sitting there. Halo 5, Gears 4, Titanfall 2. None were all that fun compared to Destiny, but the best was Halo 5. Titanfall 2 was actually horrid.

I suppose I should beat Quantum Break next, I stopped playing that campaign partway through. Campaigns are pretty boring after Destiny though.

Mostly the same. Halo5 felt really old to me vs. Destiny but finished it. TF2 was a lot fun though and kept my attention for the campaign. I've needed several tries to complete the last Tombraider game though it was pretty good and I didn't even manage to complete Quantum Break which felt too gimmicky to me.

What is wasted time?

I believe it's deleted character time. It's included in the overall.

Something about D2 PVP is frustrating

Maybe it's because there's not variety because it all boils down to "close range-long range" kinetic/energy. Same in power weapons, if you dont like being a little sword bitch, your options are rocket launcher and rocket launcher.

Maybe because anything besides Mida/Uriel doesn't seem nearly as viable as D1 non meta loadouts.

Maybe because 4v4 means fireteams are at an even greater advantage and solo queuers even greater disadvantage.

Maybe it's the setup of not getting to choose your playlist.

I dont know what it is, but I almost always leave Destiny 2 crucible sessions feeling unsatisfied. Not good.

I dont use the smoke grenade AT ALL yet. I need to start using that. I wonder if the good players are using the quiver tree without quiver activated to get smokes+normal shadowshot? Too late for me, I've got the timed smokes.

What you want to master is saving your dodge for when the enemy is near, then dodging to get a free smoke bomb. Use that to win an encounter, then rinse repeat. You can basically have a smoke bomb every 20-30 secs and they are really powerful. Getting caught in them pretty much means you are going to lose a 1 on 1 or even a 2 on 1. Don't bother trying to use the grenade at the same time, stagger them. The wombo combo is dead.

Only thing I find fun in this game right now is challenging myself, doing stuff like Trials and the raid in prestige mode. The raid challenge in the royal pools can be completed on normal to get the emblem, but it was very easy. On prestige it is quite challenging, but not to the point where it was frustrating for us... I actually found it pretty fun.

It took us a while, and we didn't have our full squad on (our 6th was just a guy on my friends list) but we got it done in one damage phase (which is pretty much necessary on prestige).

https://www.wastedondestiny.com

shows 3801h now. There are players with more excessive playtime. Just scanning the PS4 leaderboard I'm not making the top 3000.

Edit: And these are only the recorded players, so people who checked their stats in sites like destiny tracker I suppose. D2 time is 160h.

What?!? I think this homepage is broken. Just a few numbers: D1 released September 9th 2014...that is roughly 1155 days ago. If you have 3801h played...this means that you have played, in average, 3.3h every single day for over 3 years.

The number one player on this list, PS4 is G-Money876. According to the webpage he has 13413h played. That is more than 11h per day in average! Can't be imo. That is more than a full time job with no vacations for three years straight.

What?!? I think this homepage is broken. Just a few numbers: D1 released September 9th 2014...that is roughly 1155 days ago. If you have 3801h played...this means that you have played, in average, 3.3h every single day for over 3 years.

The number one player on this list, PS4 is G-Money876. According to the webpage he has 13413h played. That is more than 11h per day in average! Can't be imo. That is more than a full time job with no vacations for three years straight.
Don't underestimate the power of not having a life.

In Old Russia, one becomes more powerful than anyone can possibly imagine when doing strike instead.

Well today I got my Scorpio.

And today I was right about this post I made many months ago:
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1989432/

Bungie was not ready for Day 1 and still won't comment on whether a 1X version is coming. Damn is all I can say. So I bit the bullet and bought the game as per suggestions. I've enjoyed playing it, it's a much better game than D1 at launch but now, officially since we're everything is released, I'm not moving on expansions until I see 1X version.
For a game that is a GaaS; I'm really displeased now with the lack of communication on this front.

Back