What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rift > Vive for wheelers then.

Basically. From many of the personalities I watch on Twitch or YouTube, many think the Vive is superior technologically and with room scale content, but many of them prefer to use the Rift because it's more comfortable and requires less setup. For example, the guys at Tested on YouTube prefer the Rift for general use after the Oculus Touch controllers were released. Prior to that they preferred the Vive due to controllers that allow for more intuitive controls in VR even though they felt the Rift headset was more comfortable to wear. But after the Touch controllers were released they felt those controllers were superior to the wands that come with the Vive. Combined with the other factors they now prefer to use the Rift.

Regards,
SB

I've finally got Medieval2: Total War running on my current PC (yay Steam sale rather than trying to mess around with no-CD stuff), installed Third Age 3.2 mod (LoTR mod) & Unofficial patch 4.9, having a ball as Dwarves smashing up Orcs :cool:
Many years ago when I last played it, Third Age provided some of my greatest PC gaming moments (like my 3stack 20k Isengard orc army vs 3.5k High Elves, I lost about half the army but nearly completely destroyed that Elven army from which they could never recover) , its come a long way since then with Unofficial patch bringing many more custom settlements, AI/pathfinding improvements & movie Dwarf models (even though the Unofficial patch has been abandoned for a couple of years).

VR question from someone with zero experience:

How usable are these systems by folks in a wheelchair?

All PSVR titles are made for seated experiences. I actually can't think of one that isn't, and IIRC the setup clearly gives the suggestion to stay seated all the time.
At least all the high(ish)-profile ones like Resident Evil 7, Farpoint, Battlezone, Robinson and Playroom are for playing while sitting down.

All PSVR titles are made for seated experiences. I actually can't think of one that isn't, and IIRC the setup clearly gives the suggestion to stay seated all the time.
Not Job Simulator. You really need to stand up so you can turn from one side to another. It's not impossible to play sat down but it can be difficult and uncomfortable.

BF1. Had my first experience with a hacker today. First round he was on my team, he went like 120-3 but we still managed to lose somehow :). Next round he was on the other team and omg he rekt me so hard. There should be some kind of policy where if 80% of players on the server report someone they at least get kicked.

BTW the game runs amazingly well on my GTX970 + i7-3770K. Constant 60+fps at all max settings 1080p. Man it is truly beautiful. One thing I noticed is that the load times can be significant even though I have the game installed on an SSD. I can't imagine how long it must take on a hard drive. Edit yeah I just looked it up and it takes twice as long on a HDD. We're talking 2+ minutes ouch.

King's Bounty Armored Princess. A Heroes of Might and Magic like game which focus more on combat and exploration and don't take itself too seriously, and I really like it because it has the feel of HoMM.

King's Bounty Armored Princess. A Heroes of Might and Magic like game which focus more on combat and exploration and don't take itself too seriously, and I really like it because it has the feel of HoMM.
That game is amazing! I think I played all of the King's Bounty games back in the day.

I haven't played a real FPS in ages, it's been too long since I noscoped some noobs. I just brained a sniper from like 700 meters I'm pretty sure he uninstalled and went back to console gaming after that.

If any of you guys or gals or anything in between are playing BF1 hit me up, I'm Homerless on Origin.

Still playing gta5. Shit game and will never purchase another rockstar game.

Graphics great
Story great

Gameplay utter shit designed soley to get you to spend real money. It's impossible to make money in game unless you follow some guides from the start. It's also impossible to do some challenges because you need a chopper but the chopper you need never spawns or the lame as attack chopper and fighters that you can steal keep getting shot down by the auto aim anti air misses or 1000kmph instant spawn tanks or whatever bullshit. Getting so fed up with this crap that is only design to piss players off and doesn't have anything to do with skill.

I really hate devs that pull shit like that so unless they fire their craptastic gameplay department I'm not buying anything from them anymore.

I'm so lazy and shallow I keep playing nothing but Civ V & VI. Somebody help me. I have hundreds of games I've never even installed thanks to various Steam or HB sales.

For 18 months my excuse was that it was too painful to sit upright at my computer (with its gorgeous 32" display) so using my gaming laptop in bed or streaming from my desktop meant keeping the graphic demands lower. It's not like Civ fps has any real detrimental effects on the game.

But now my pain is better controlled so using my gaming rig is in play. I just need to kick the Civ habit.

At this rate I'll be playing mahjong soon.

I'm so lazy and shallow I keep playing nothing but Civ V & VI. Somebody help me. I have hundreds of games I've never even installed thanks to various Steam or HB sales.

For 18 months my excuse was that it was too painful to sit upright at my computer (with its gorgeous 32" display) so using my gaming laptop in bed or streaming from my desktop meant keeping the graphic demands lower. It's not like Civ fps has any real detrimental effects on the game.

But now my pain is better controlled so using my gaming rig is in play. I just need to kick the Civ habit.

At this rate I'll be playing mahjong soon.
Dude that was me with Civ IV. So many lost nights of sleep. I couldn't get into Civ V nearly as much, but I'm not sure why. How does Civ VI compare?

How is Civ6?
I have 5 with most of the DLC now (thanks to a Steam sale), mostly played it base game though.
Definitely more compelling with the DLCs but not actually played that much since I got them.
Don't really want to be stuck in that similar situation again & some of the changes in 6 seem kinda odd.

Also thanks to current Steam sale I've got new Doom, only finished first level so far.
Pretty fun, pretty gory, pretty good performance.

I enjoy Civ VI. The new city districts feature is a keeper as it adds another layer of strategy when settling and building. The way workers work is totally different and takes huge getting used to. Each unit is born with X builds (3-5 depending upon policy cards and research) which they complete instantaneously and then - poof - they're gone. The game does tend to drag toward the end as you wait for certain victory and the AI can be both brain-dead and psychotic. Some civs have specialties that make your victory target a forgone conclusion. There are some great mods out there too.

Lately, however, I've been playing Civ V scenarios. Far less tedious than full games.

HD:. I've yet to install and play IV. It's got a maniacal following so I'm a bit worried I'll fall down a whole new rabbit hole.

After completing Prey (it was good!) I'm delving back into Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which I dropped after playing it for a bit when it came out. It's good but there are issues which makes it worse than Prey (maybe bigger in scope though). I will finish it, though because I like the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back