ReCore [XO, XPA] (from Keiji Inafune and creators of Metroid Prime)

I'm too careful with my money now to take a chance on it, even at $40. Trying to save money, and just generally be more responsible with money. If it goes down to $20, I might take a chance on it. Right now, reading a bunch of reviews, seems risky.
you gotta do bing rewards which is now microsoft rewards. I get about $30 a month from it to spend on games !

I think I'm averaging about $5 a week. You can cut that time down by purchasing stuff on Windows & Microsoft Stores.com. I use the Bing Rewards App on my Lumia 640. I've also installed the Bing Rewards extension in Chrome. I would use Edge for more rewards, but like Chrome too much. At least browsing on my phone & Xbox count towards using Edge though.

Tommy McClain

Canadians get the shaft.
if your doing digital only just set up a rewards account with an address in the states .

How the heck do you get that much in rewards?
I get 4-5 a week. I also use multiple accounts. So I have one on chrome browser to just get the daily desktop points which is like 1-3 bucks a week and one on my surface gets like 2-4 a week

I think I'm averaging about $5 a week. You can cut that time down by purchasing stuff on Windows & Microsoft Stores.com. I use the Bing Rewards App on my Lumia 640. I've also installed the Bing Rewards extension in Chrome. I would use Edge for more rewards, but like Chrome too much. At least browsing on my phone & Xbox count towards using Edge though.

Tommy McClain
yup . you get points when you spend the mircosoft gift cards also !

edit

also remember if your level 1 you can only do 50 points a day on the desktop. Level 2 is 250 per day. You also get more quizzes and stuff at level 2 plus a discount . So like a $10 gift card to windows store is 10,000 points at level 1 but only 9,300 at level 2 .

Today is double point day Thur and will be through the rest of sept. You get to level 2 by getting 500 points a month. So if you start today I think tomorrow you will be level 2

Last edited:
Played this a bit more and discovered a few things. The game has what it considers to be 3 different style of dungeons:
  1. Adventure Dungeon
  2. Traversal Dungeon
  3. Arena Dungeon
The first dungeon experience I described is considered an adventure dungeon that has a mix of fighting and puzzle solving with some back-tracking to get additional cores to progress.

A few dungeons later I came across a Traversal Dungeon. There was no fighting involved. The experience was all about platforming to get from the beginning to the end. There are 3 secondary objects for Traversal Dungeons:
  1. Finish it under a time of X:XX
  2. Collect the Yellow Key
  3. Activate all 8 switches

For each secondary object you complete you get a little bonus at the end of the dungeon. If you get all 3 secondaries in the same run you get a 4th bonus at the end. In the two I played it was either a mini-stash box full of items or blueprints to craft new sidekick body parts (Activate all 8 switches), or a secondary Prismatic Core (Yellow Key Collection). The activation of the switches was shooting floating bots with the appropriate weapon rifle color.

I have not experienced an Arena Dungeon yet.

EDIT: Here is a video I found which gives a brief look at some various bits of the game.

At 0:44 the world map (as you know it) is shown
At 1:07 the beginning of a Traversal Dungeon is shown as well as the 3 secondary objectives.
At 1:10 and 1:13 the activation of two Switches are shown by shooting them.
At 1:15 the finding of the Yellow Key begins.
At 1:23 the end of the dungeon and awards are presented, the first room is for completion time, the second for yellow key, and third for all 8 switch activations, with 4th award being for hitting all 3.

Last edited:
Now I'll focus on a few downsides to the game, to give a fuller picture to show not everything is rosey.

The game takes longer than other games to load areas. This isn't that much of an issue to me since it happens in limited situations, but it does break the immersion :
  • when you enter or leave your crawler to craft or change frames for your sidekick.
  • when you transition from in or out of dungeons
  • when you transition from one large outdoor area to another
  • when you die
The largest hassle is the rare situations when you die, as your wanting to get back to it quickly.

Some users have had issues with glitchy achievements. There are some currently unobtainable achievement(s) as the last frame blueprint isnt in the game yet. There's talk about there being a patch / free DLC that will resolve that issue. There are a few collection achievements (collect all the parts) which some may find grindy and annoying. It doesnt seem nearly as bad as Assassin's Creed 1 collect all the flags or Crackdowns collect all the orbs. I pay attention to achievements but these haven't impacted my game play experience or make me avoid the game.

It's different enough from the typical games out that it comes off refreshing and unique and I'm glad I have it in my library. It's a bonus that I have it on the PC as well since it's an XBox Play Anywhere title.

Is it perfect? No.
Is it fun? Yes.
Is it enjoyable? Yes.
Do I want to keep playing it? Yes.
Is it worth $32? Absolutely.
Is it worth $36? Yes.

Is it worth $40 to others? Possibly.

Would I buy a sequel? Yes.

Thanks Brit...very detailed. I've decided to wait for a patch (2nd) to see if some the issues you mentioned above are fixed.

I probably will go digital for that xpa goodness which is weird for me as I'm usually a physical disc kind of person. Games with Gold is changing my mind on that though as I have a large library now without taking shelf space.

Just played through the Trial time period which is free for a limited time.
Definitely going to buy this title at a later date, just too many games I've paid for and not invested time into. Definitely need to clear some backlog and make space for this title.

Tried the demo. Didnt really grab me with the controls. Story premise is neat though.

I'm a little salty as I bought Recore at Walmart for $15, but wanted the digital version instead for the same price. I figured the $5 difference wasn't worth getting it on the Xbox Live store for $20, but since the game is xpa, I would've liked to have gotten it on the microsoft store for the same price...sigh.

I bought my last disc game over 2 years ago for 360 & it was used. Last new disc game I bought was over 3 years ago. Have not bought a single disc game for my Xbox One. Never going back.

Tommy McClain

Finally decided to play this game. It was just sitting on my shelf mocking me everyday.
I really like it so far, but damn is that first boss kicking my butt. I'm not too far in as I only got 2 core bots out of 5.

I guess you get a double dash ability later as seen in that video iroboto posted.

I was thinking of waiting for Scorpio for maybe a more stable framerate, although on X1 it isn't terrible, but my backlog is growing so fast that I needed to pare it back some.

Finally decided to play this game. It was just sitting on my shelf mocking me everyday.
I really like it so far, but damn is that first boss kicking my butt. I'm not too far in as I only got 2 core bots out of 5.

I guess you get a double dash ability later as seen in that video iroboto posted.

I was thinking of waiting for Scorpio for maybe a more stable framerate, although on X1 it isn't terrible, but my backlog is growing so fast that I needed to pare it back some.
you should wait for the free dlc that includes a new robot its supposed to make the game much better and should be launching soon

Back