Nintendo Switch Event 2017-01-12 and Switch Launch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen from reddit
software montage earlier:

Splatoon 2, Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure, Sylanders Imaginators, Project Octopath Traveler, Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition, Lego City Undercover, Farming Simulator, Has Been Heroes, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Project Sonic 2017, Just Dance 2017, EA Sports FIFA, Syberia 3, 1-2-Switch, Super Bomberman R, Minecraft, Rime, Steep, Fast RMX, and NBA 2k18

They should have shown this stuff in more detail instead of having a guy form grasshopper go .. oh yea a year ago I thought of stuff to do with the switch here is a picture of the hero that we haven't given a name too... bye

So what software comes with the system? Any? Nothing?

So what software comes with the system? Any? Nothing?

I dunno. Maybe 1 2 switch ? Maybe nothing ?

Hopefully they have street pass on tis thing cause to be frank I've poured more hours into that than any other 3ds game lol

Yeah, I just don't get how they couldn't have put on a presentation to knock this out of the park. They had an extra 6 months to prepare. It felt like they fell flat on their faces. They shouldn't have had a developer who hasn't developed on the system on stage at all. They should have shown a montage with each of those games shown called out explicitly with more screen time on those. It would have made for a better presentation and conveyed it having some games instead of slim-to-none.

Yeah, I just don't get how they couldn't have put on a presentation to knock this out of the park. They had an extra 6 months to prepare. It felt like they fell flat on their faces. They shouldn't have had a developer who hasn't developed on the system on stage at all. They should have shown a montage with each of those games shown called out explicitly with more screen time on those. It would have made for a better presentation and conveyed it having some games instead of slim-to-none.

I am hoping the tree houses go into that more. So hopefully they could rebound.
Seriously tho how do you get EA on stage for 1 game ? Where is madden ? Where is Star Wars battlefront or titan fall 2 ? Or if the switch wont run those where are remasters of xbox 360 / ps3 games ?

They should have had 10 or 12 hardcore launch titles even if they are just ports . Where is the arkym batman series ? Why aren't those on the switch.

Nintendo had a chance to take all those great games from last gen and early this gen and got them on this system.

32 gigs comes internal , os is installed so you loose some space . 720p 6.2 inch screen. Zelda can be played for 3 1/2 hours according to nintendos site

Pro controller $69.99 usd

A pair of joy cons $79.99

Joy con separate $49.99

Charging Grip $29.99

Dock with HDMI and AC $89.99

Joy con wheel (set of 2 ) 14.99

WTF is Nintendo thinking... Wow I guess they want to sell less switches than wii us

I am hoping the tree houses go into that more. So hopefully they could rebound.
Seriously tho how do you get EA on stage for 1 game ? Where is madden ? Where is Star Wars battlefront or titan fall 2 ? Or if the switch wont run those where are remasters of xbox 360 / ps3 games ?

They should have had 10 or 12 hardcore launch titles even if they are just ports . Where is the arkym batman series ? Why aren't those on the switch.

Nintendo had a chance to take all those great games from last gen and early this gen and got them on this system.

To be honest I think its a good thing they are recycling all the old stuff. They did that with Wuu and everyone was bitching about it being rehashes (and being worse than the originals). By now most of those games cost like 10 bucks (on pc anyway) so who in their right minds is going to buy them for full price on Switch? Anyone that wants to play those games played them by now.

I do hope they announce some more good, new games tomorrow or at least have some good stuff ready before launch because they obviously didn't announce much today.

I'll probably still get it around launch though. 300 is a price I can live with and its region free so at least I can play games in English if I get them off Amazon or something. (I'm guessing games are not going to be multi language). I did get the feeling that specs wise its not going to be much more powerful than Wuu, Mario was looking pretty average even on a tiny screen (was watching at work with my browser shrunk).

32 gigs comes internal , os is installed so you loose some space . 720p 6.2 inch screen. Zelda can be played for 3 1/2 hours according to nintendos site

Pro controller $69.99 usd

A pair of joy cons $79.99

Joy con separate $49.99

Charging Grip $29.99

Dock with HDMI and AC $89.99

Joy con wheel (set of 2 ) 14.99

WTF is Nintendo thinking... Wow I guess they want to sell less switches than wii us

32GB is better than I expected though probably still fairly useless. Those prices don't sounds too extreme to me, mostly as a replacement for broken/lost stuff (and Nintendo stuff generally doesn't break easily). The pro controller is way overpriced though.

32GB is better than I expected though probably still fairly useless. Those prices don't sounds too extreme to me, mostly as a replacement for broken/lost stuff (and Nintendo stuff generally doesn't break easily). The pro controller is way overpriced though.

Why does one joy con cost $50 but the pair $80 ? Its just silly

IN the states Mario kart is April 28th .

Seriously my nephew wants this thing for his birthday (which his feb ) but there is nothing for him to play

That is pretty weak, I'll probably pick up a 3DS for my daughter instead if that's the case.

the subscription states that you get 1 free nes or super nes game with online play for that month ( I think you don't hae it after that month) so thre is VC

I think I'm in shock. The more details I find out, the worse it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back