Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Drop rate is too high on the console though, but that's what you get for playing it on a console. It's to cater for the impatient kiddies, to constantly feed them new loots.

Drop rate is too high on the console though, but that's what you get for playing it on a console. It's to cater for the impatient kiddies, to constantly feed them new loots.
I thought its the same after 2.0......everyone's impatient after that patch. Consoles got it first and ppl loved it.

Just finished Act IV, which is the original campaign that launched with the game. I'd rate the console version a 2/5. It's way too easy, the story is bad, the fun of drops is totally ruined by the super-high drop rate, and the maps are way too big and repetitive. I liked Diablo 2s shorter campaign, with enemy respawn much better. It barely had a story, and that was fine. It was fun to grind for rare items, and challenge yourself each time you bumped the difficulty. My first play of Diablo 3 was pretty awful. Wish I'd played it at launch on PC, but I didn't have a suitable computer. Console campaign is not worth $60.

Next up is the expansion act, but it's looking to be the same so far.
Needs to be done on co-op, IMO. High drop rate there makes it more casual friendly there. I found it incredibly boring to grind on solo
after 200 hours.
>_>
<_<

Well, I did also play through with the different classes, so it just all added up. No real desire to check out the expansion anytime soon though.

Eurogamer are reporting that Blizzard are adding the secret cow level on Diablo 3's third anniversary. This is for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

CFDeGnfWYAAplTT.jpg

Needs to be done on co-op, IMO. High drop rate there makes it more casual friendly there. I found it incredibly boring to grind on solo
after 200 hours.
>_>
<_<

Well, I did also play through with the different classes, so it just all added up. No real desire to check out the expansion anytime soon though.

I'm not sure if the game tracks time played, but if I had to guess, I put maybe 20 hours in to finish the game on my first play on Expert, and the expansion will probably push that to 25. It was insanely easy. Maybe co-op could have made it a bit more fun, but not with the difficulty like that.

You can set how long you've played on each class in your profile in D3.

Eurogamer are reporting that Blizzard are adding the secret cow level on Diablo 3's third anniversary. This is for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

CFDeGnfWYAAplTT.jpg
Great, I miss the cow level. I will get my dairy dose of Diablo 3 tonight. *as I commented on the EG article already, fun chain there*

I think Renegade is right, the drop rate should be more or less about the same as in the PC version. -maybe @specwarGP2 knows more on the matter-

With my first character, a DH, I had to survive and advance with a lot of yellows. In fact it wasn't until Paragon level 190 when I switched an awesome rare helmet I had when I hit level 70 for a legendary one.

Most of my valuable legendaries then were gifts (automatically generated items, the person giving it away never knows what it is) from people in my friends list.

I also learnt that drop rates can mean squat in this game. Unlike Diablo 2, legendaries and ancient items don't have fixed seeds, many of the attributes are random. So finding the right gear might take ages, and a lot of visits to the Mystic in some cases.

In the end, Scott_Arm is having it easy because the Crusader has incredible amounts of defence. As I said, a friend of mine completed the story arc with a Crusader in Torment 3! I was awestruck. I had to decrease the difficulty to master several times in my first run.

Scott, tune the difficulty up now that you can in the Act V. You might do fine in Torment 3 -you will survive, but killing speed will go downhill. Drop rates are also majorly unimportant in lower difficulty levels than Torment, not so good stuff below Torment 1.

I don't know. I probably got my first legendary items at level 10, if not earlier. I usually have three or four equipped at a time, and their stats are normally stacked relative to what's available as magic or rare items. Really, the drop rate does make the game much much easier. They need to either lower the drop rate until you hit maybe 60, or they need to unlock higher difficulty levels for the campaign.

If someone wanted to buy this game to play the campaign, I'd say it's not worth the money and I wouldn't recommend it. If they're buying it for the campaign and for the end game content, like rifts, then they'll probably get their money's worth after grinding the campaign.

The controls are really good on the console, even though I'm not a huge fan of some of the menus, but the the combination of bad story and no difficulty make for a pretty bad experience. Diablo 3 is not exactly a game where you can have fun messing around, because you are incredibly limited in what you can do. You can move and active your small handful of abilities. Without strategy, difficulty and exciting loot, you've got nothing.

I don't know. I probably got my first legendary items at level 10, if not earlier. I usually have three or four equipped at a time, and their stats are normally stacked relative to what's available as magic or rare items. Really, the drop rate does make the game much much easier. They need to either lower the drop rate until you hit maybe 60, or they need to unlock higher difficulty levels for the campaign.

If someone wanted to buy this game to play the campaign, I'd say it's not worth the money and I wouldn't recommend it. If they're buying it for the campaign and for the end game content, like rifts, then they'll probably get their money's worth after grinding the campaign.

The controls are really good on the console, even though I'm not a huge fan of some of the menus, but the the combination of bad story and no difficulty make for a pretty bad experience. Diablo 3 is not exactly a game where you can have fun messing around, because you are incredibly limited in what you can do. You can move and active your small handful of abilities. Without strategy, difficulty and exciting loot, you've got nothing.
Give adventure mode a try, you may be surprised. Play with friends, or add me if you want to.

Campaign and story mode was always secondary in Diablo, although it was awesome in Diablo 2, the cinematics were way better than in Diablo 3, so was the story. But yes, it's secondary.

Maybe the Crusader is not for you, each character has very different play styles. Friends can help you to go to level 70 with a new character in a jiffy, the Paragon levels stack for all your characters. Trust me what you've done is just the tip of the iceberg.

Campaign was definitely not secondary in Diablo 2. I think it's sad that the campaign for Diablo 3 is so bad at this point. It could be good if they just fixed some simple things.

Campaign was definitely not secondary in Diablo 2. I think it's sad that the campaign for Diablo 3 is so bad at this point. It could be good if they just fixed some simple things.
The bad thing about the campaign is imho, the story itself. I hated it when they killed Deckard Cain, only to be replaced by the most mundane characters. Deckard Cain was so charismatic. Hopefully they will revive him in Diablo 4.

My hatred towards Diablo 3 when it came out /bought it day one/ was out of control. I hated it with body and soul and wrote like 70 posts explaining why:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/members/sarcyan.371280/

Yup, I am that guy.

But now I love it, I truly love it, and it is one of my preferred games ever.

Ah, if you want to have fun, once you complete the campaign, Adventure mode is your friend. Start playing with friends or random people -it's fun either way. If you want to join them where they are just press on their banner at camp. You will appear where they are.

If you decide to create a new character, other people can power level you up in a matter of minutes. You will be able to get to level 70 /from level 1/ in an hour or less in some cases. So you can try out new characters or builds.

Key here is that you play with people with high level characters. Search for Torment (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, whatever you prefer) games in Adventure mode. Go to the level they are playing and stay there, also stay behind them so monsters don't kill you, it doesn't matter how far you are from your mates as long as you are in the same level. Keep leeching and you will be level 70 in a jiffy.

I helped some people, other people helped me. Start playing rifts and greater rifts... They are so fun. As I said, what you-ve played for now is just the tip of the iceberg.

Today I explained some of these tips to @BadTB25 on XBL, but writing with a controller is a chore, so I made a summary there. Hope you are enjoying the game more now, if you can increase the difficulty now.

The high droprate imo is needed and justified, as later on, 99.9% of the legendaries are crap anyway and just recyceled!

It took me forever in the late game to get those specific game changing legendaries I needed to comfortably play on T6...also, some of the good set pieces take forever to find! Furthermore, sometimes you find the piece you need, but with more than one bad stat...

Go ask a Witch Doctor player on PC about the SMK...the forums are full of people who didn't get one after myriads of hours playtime...not fun.

Next gen console D3 is one of the best games imo.

Played my first co-op with Cyan and leveled up from 64 to 65 in probably less than 5 minutes. Only got one game in, but it was interesting. It may be fun to try this with 4 player co-op.

I'll get my character to level 70 before either starting a new class or moving on to something else.

The biggest problem is that it lets me play with randoms but never with my friends :mad:...its just so irritating ! I tried playing with Billy Idol here and other firends in my country too, but to no avail ! while random matchups happen in a jiffy and run smoothly ! :mad:

Played my first co-op with Cyan and leveled up from 64 to 65 in probably less than 5 minutes. Only got one game in, but it was interesting. It may be fun to try this with 4 player co-op.

I'll get my character to level 70 before either starting a new class or moving on to something else.
I didn't see you going up from level 64 to 65 but remember noticing you were level 64. You were playing an expert which equals not much XP compared to Torment, so I could help you more if you increased the difficulty and you would get to level 70 faster. Level 70 is the top level, but in Diablo 3 it isn't even the beginning!! It only helps to consolidate your character, so the fastest you get there the better.

If your mage is your main character reject any item that doesn't add Intelligence -Intelligence is the offensive stat of your character-, and if you like the item very much, go to the Artisan to get Intelligence from it in exchange for other stat that might be not so useful.

Consolidate your playstyle, and when you know which abilities are your main, focus on items enhancing the damage of those abilities. Look for Set items that are specially good for the mage, and if you have the Ring of Royal Grandeur, it acts as an extra Set item, which means that you get the enhanced stats only Sets can give to your character.

Play Greater Rifts to get legendary Gems. I got one which increases the damage of my primary skills a 39%, and I am always improving it -it started at 25%.

Use socketed weapons and add an Emerald to them, that greatly enhances the critical damage output, and that's indeed critical in Diablo 3, or you are toast.

% chance of Critical damage and % enhanced Critical Damage are two essential stats for your character that you get from items.

Once ou know these two or three things, you will do everything by intuition and you will adapt the game to your own playstyle.

The biggest problem is that it lets me play with randoms but never with my friends :mad:...its just so irritating ! I tried playing with Billy Idol here and other firends in my country too, but to no avail ! while random matchups happen in a jiffy and run smoothly ! :mad:
Are you doing anything wrong? It was always easy as pie for me even when I wasn't familiar with the game. I mean, in the main screen, by the top right, Diablo 3 always displays which friends are playing the game, and their character's level. Both in the main screen and the pause menu.

To join @BadTB25 game I went to the top right of the screen, pressed start on his nick and the option "Join party" appears, along with others.

I used that option and voila! Ask your friends if they are setting the Network settings to Local, or Invite Only. I have set it normally on Open to Friends, and Open to Public. I prefer Open to Public, you met some random people that is worth to play with, and friends can also join, so you get the best of both worlds.

The button to open the Network Settings is the equivalent to PS4's share button, I think. Check your NAT too, but mine is moderate I have not trouble joining random parties or inviting friends, entering in friends' games.

Thanks for the advice Cyan.

I think I got my player to 66 later that night---besides intelligence, I try to find items that give me life per hit as my mage is pretty much a paper tiger when she gets hit.

My gameplay style is geared around hits that give me life---so my spinning ice shielf, lighting totems (I don't know what they're called), Hydra and Spinning ice projectile all contribute to that.

My exploding minion spawns take down bosses quickly so sometimes I sit back to let them spawn before I go in.

Back