The Order: 1886

Well my copy has been dispatched by Amazon so I guess I'll be finding out tomorrow morning exactly what it is about this game that scares a certain portion of the gaming community so much!

Same here, but expected delivery date February 26 ? I appearently also qualified for DLC, The Knights Endurance pack. I'm very anxious to get my hands on this (over-hyped ?) game, so hopefully the mail works a little faster.

reviews from all around the outlet

- bland gameplay
- bland story
+ awesome graphic

i suspect the gameplay is bland and the graphic is awesome but.. i though this game heavily focused on story, thus the story will be awesome and awesomely presented. When you guys got the game, pleeeeeeease share here whats your opinion especially on the story and its presentation.

EDIT:
omg ars' review http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/the-order-1886-review-means-to-an-unsatisfying-end/

Wow.. didn't expect that. I get the feeling the clips they showed so far are in fact they only action sequences you get and the rest is just cut scenes and walking around. Why the heck, didn't they add a proper ending ? Makes no sense to me. So it's a big boss fight and they hopla credits ? This is going to cost them sales...

Wow.. didn't expect that. I get the feeling the clips they showed so far are in fact they only action sequences you get and the rest is just cut scenes and walking around. Why the heck, didn't they add a proper ending ? Makes no sense to me. So it's a big boss fight and they hopla credits ? This is going to cost them sales...
I was ready to buy but this game will have to wait for a hefty price cut. Bought Dying Light instead because I've been on the edge of grabbing and saving myself £50 here makes it a bargain by my bloke logic :yes:

Same here, but expected delivery date February 26 ? I appearently also qualified for DLC, The Knights Endurance pack. I'm very anxious to get my hands on this (over-hyped ?) game, so hopefully the mail works a little faster.

I've just got an email from Amazon with the code for the same pack. My delivery date is for tomorrow (20th) though. I wonder why yours is set for the 26th? Might be an indication of pre-order volume?

So it's a big boss fight and they hopla credits ? This is going to cost them sales...

It's even worse...

The actual big boss simply gets away and so the final enemy is basically just a henchman.
And there are another 3-4 main story threads without not just a conclusion but even a mention at all.

Seems like an obvious attempt to build up for a sequel, I guess.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886/critic-reviews

Reviews dont look so great so far.
This makes me sad as so much work was clearly put into it but didnt nail the right aspects.
The only high scores are from non-popular websites. All major websites seem to have rejected the game. Whoops :runaway: ! Whatever happened to the amazing story all the GAF players were talking about ;) ? There were comments about TLOU in thier descriptions. Where did all that go?

Review scores seem alright to me. Linear but pretty games are not in vogue right now and I kinda understand that as open worlds and multiplayer games offer so much more content (padded, but still content) for the price they ask for. For all I've seen and read, Order 1886 is solid 10 euro game for sure. Obviously budget is not made for that kind of pricepoint but it is what it is. At least it's not looking crappy like Pillars of Eternity (one of the my most wanted games this year) - the game that's made for low budget and low production values. We can't have all that we want right. Hopefully this development team stays in biz anyways, despite low review scores.

Wow, I haven't watched it yet but Gametrailers gave it a 8.2. THat changes/confuses things for me as I usually find myself agreeing with their reviews. Generally. But they usually go all spoilery !

Review scores seem alright to me. Linear but pretty games are not in vogue right now and I kinda understand that as open worlds and multiplayer games offer so much more content (padded, but still content) for the price they ask for. For all I've seen and read, Order 1886 is solid 10 euro game for sure. Obviously budget is not made for that kind of pricepoint but it is what it is. At least it's not looking crappy like Pillars of Eternity (one of the my most wanted games this year) - the game that's made for low budget and low production values. We can't have all that we want right. Hopefully this development team stays in biz anyways, despite low review scores.

I don't know. A lot of the reviews say it's boring with little gameplay, a poorly written story and mostly bland weapons with the exception of the few times you get to use the thermite or lightning guns. I'm actually not reading a lot of complaints about it being linear, or short. The complaints are that you mostly spend time watching cutscenes, or walking slowly from A to B, and that there is very little excitement along the way. Storytelling seems to be an issue as well.

Several reviews mention taking about 7 or 8 hours to finish the game, but more than half of that is not combat. It's cutscenes, the odd quicktime event and slow walking.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments from Eurogamer (or was it IGN?) saying that this game, like the biggest exclusives on PS4 so far such as KZ and ISS lack characterisation. They just don't have the heart that Nathan Drake and others had. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed as the generation goes on. It all feels a bit hollow to me, and I see 1886 is no different.

Back