inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Have to admit this game is looking much sweeter now, probably some of the most advanced particle effects seen on nextgen thus far.

http://kotaku.com/behind-the-scenes-of-one-of-the-ps4s-biggest-games-1264554645

That's not pre-rendered, as far as I can tell. That's real-time.

We would have watched Vainio edit it live, but his computer kept crashing and we didn't actually get to see that part. Instead, we got to watch him play around with smoke effects in a different scene. (No video available of that scene yet.)

Some have worried that this console generation will bring with it diminishing returns—in other words, next-gen graphical advancements won't be that big a deal. But after getting some up-close time with the visual effects, and the environments, and the animations, I'm skeptical about that claim. This game looks great—significantly better than anything I've seen on this generation—and assuming we're not all falling for some sort of massive schemes, the memory boosts on next-gen consoles really can open up some lovely doors.

Perhaps more impressive than the visuals is the amount of time and detail that goes into even the most trivial aspects of a game like Infamous: Second Son. It’s funny: so many of us spend so much time playing video games, but how often do we really notice the sound design, let alone recognize that the audio for each of a game's superpowers is composed of 25 different sounds?

This game is just outright gorgeous... nice interview. :oops:

The fact that Infamous SS and KZ:SF are launch/launch window games has me excited for next-gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw complaints about buildings popping into place, all I can think is wow it is real! Lol. Who cares about far off buildings, in real life I can't see past my nose anyway.

Not sure why, but I get a half-life vibe, call me crazy, maybe it was the sfx.

jItjfZg.jpg

POfSYi7.jpg

85TBiio.jpg

Lighting is just incredible in this game. Look at those trees. :p

POfSYi7.jpg

Pretty cool they are using real locations. This is the ol' pink elephant car wash right off HWY-99 / Aurora on Denny Way. You cannot miss it.

85TBiio.jpg

And the Seattle Center. I wonder if they will have the Columbia Tower, Safeco, and the Clink? Kudos if you can free roam to all of these locations! Hopefully it is big enough/details enough I can find work in the game :p

That's so clean. Infamous was probably my favourite series on PS3. Just loved it, a lot of hours of fun with those ones. Can't wait for the new one.

All they need to do is to make the missions less repetitive. I2 got better but still had a few repetitive missions to grind through. They should strive to be the GTA for superpowered heroes.

Back