News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are already game specific PS4 commercials. I'm sure we'll see more promoting games like KZ closer to launch, or even after launch. This one was specifically to promote the system itself. OS stuff usually doesn't get shown on commercials. I liked the commercial personally.

The thing I dislike about this and the taco bell commercial is the lack of game play. I mean its a fun commercial but why would I want to buy this system?

I see your cynical comment and i raise you a wolf man , 3rd place..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKl8BM4bwkA

Commercials have NEVER been about reality, reality or facts. They only serve one purpose, to sell products by making you buy them. Wolfman is one of the coolest commercials that made the PS2 even cooler , choosing anything else than a PS2 made you a loser, totally uncool person without any ambition about being a winner. All in the commercials world of course.

Gameplay will be there soon and it will look glorious, but right now it's about establishing being cool, the winner and where the party is happening.

And it's not in SAPS.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyaWvoDRlw

eh , no wonder I invested so much money in never having to watch comercials. That wolfman thing was horrible, don't even know what its supposed to be. If it wasn't for the ps2 place card after wards I would think it was some terrible adult swim cartoon.

If you say so , those type of comercials don't do anything for me. Unless it was a commercial showing off the menus or features if it doesn't have game play its a waste of my time.

With launch a month away , hopefully we see some gameplay and os stuff from them . Both companies have been holding to much close to their chests

You must really hate the Xbox One commercials. They don't mention games at all.

I'm not impressed by the new PS4 commercial. It really feels like a letdown after all the Greatness Awaits build up, and it doesn't hit home the way the Michael commercial did, nor is it as clever and charming as the Kevin Butler campaign.

I really liked the ad. I think it really focus on the social aspect of consoles.

Kind of remind me of this PS2 ad.

Whether you hate it or love it, it's done is job very well. After all here we are talking about it :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not impressed by the new PS4 commercial. It really feels like a letdown after all the Greatness Awaits build up, and it doesn't hit home the way the Michael commercial did, nor is it as clever and charming as the Kevin Butler campaign.

I havemt seen an xbox one comercial yet

I don't consider the Micheal video an ad, it was more a tribute to all gamers. Even my some of my friends who are hardcore xbox fans liked it a lot. Not the same message.

http://www.geek.com/games/red-line-ps4-overheats-at-sony-event-1573962/
PS4_redline_overheating-590x330.jpg

Red light of impending shutdown if you don't take action maybe but it doesn't have the same ring to it lol

His about the Xbox one getting louder and slower? Not heard that before. Not sure I'd be happy with slowdown just tell me so I can turn it off or ventilate it better.

No idea if the picture is real, but I do know the light is capable of multiple colors and it is used to signify failure conditions, so it's a damn good guess if it's fake.

Very stupid idea for the design of that promo casing. At least PS4 recovered fast s and resumed gameplay without shutdown.

“In terms of sound, practically none, you can hear the fan if you listened closely but nothing exaggerated. they had ventilated consoles and others put in enclosures completely closed that were running from 9am without stopping (we got there at 18:00 in the evening). they were running fine and were quite warm on the surface but nothing like our curreng generation consoles.

The only exception to that was one console that was completely enclosed in an acrylic case , it was showing a red light (where there would typically be a blue light) and there was a message on the screen that said the console’s temperature was too high. the Acrylic case was opened and within minutes the error message went away and the light went back to its normal color.
http://videogamescene.com/ps4-overheating-the-red-line-of-death/

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely remember the iDevices have something similar. Left my iPhone in the car under direct summer sun. When I came back, it showed a "device too hot" screen, and then worked again after the air conditioner cooled it.

Would be useful to know the color and behavior of the light if it's a disc failure. Hopefully different indication for HDD and BR failures.

BTW a gaffer who works in the advertisement business posted some interesting thoughts on the PS4 ad.

Basic outline:

Strong commercial for several reasons:

- Creates brand awareness among intended market as well as extended. This means even the causal gamer or non gamer will be engaged by the ad while it also has references that appeal to prime demographic - gamers that can pick out the games: DriveClub, Killzone, ect.

- Song lends itself in contrast to brutality of ad. Excellent use for memory retention.

- Greatness Awaits - Tagline serves two purposes. The literal which will be easily deduced by anyone watching the ad and extended which will only be picked up by gamers.

- Details - Ad is built for repeated viewings. People will watch again for the song or the imagery both of which offer "details" to pick up on in subsequent viewings. This adds to people's positive impressions: discoveries create a sense of exploring or excitement - excitement is then associated with brand.

Hopefully that makes sense I was translating his marketing speak on my phone.

According to Shuhei Yoshida's twitter response the picture is either a fake or not true in some form.

its real and it happens a lot.

The impressions from the show are interesting. I've had a lot less experience with the ps4 than the xbox one. But I've seen the ps4 prompt a heat warning before.

I have a hard time believing that this happens a lot if this is the first time we've seen it reported.

And of course it's going to overheat considering the enclosure it was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back