Battlefield 4

for me,
the stutter are fixed when HDD not too busy.

when i was playing BF4 on SSD and windows on SSD it runs fine.
BF4 on SSD Windows 7 on HDD runs fine
BF4 on USB3 Hard Disk, Windows 7 on HDD runs fine
BF4 on different hard disk, windows 7 on different hard disk runs fine

BF4 on the same hard disk as Windows 7 pagefile = stutter

Malo,
My pc have 8GB and my laptop 4GB.

Btw how long will the beta runs? This weekend beta still available?

So far, I enjoy the beta tremendously. Graphically, it sets itself apart from the third title significantly. Every texture is gorgeous and the weapon models are outstanding, particularly the SCAR. I only have a few complaints, thus far:

- Vaulting is almost broken. There's been numerous situations where I've attempted to navigate my way through the battlefield, particularly the downed skyscraper, where even the slightest bump in the road is an uncrossable barrier. It needs some serious work.

- Knifing. While I enjoy the countering system, the animation at this point is clumsy. I also need that satisfying thump that my knife made in 3 when it connected to my target. It's an awkward silent dance.

- Bullet drop. It almost seems like there's little to no gravitational forces impeding your bullet as it crosses a body of water. It's almost like a laser. The only significant instance of bullet drop is when you attach a suppressor to a sniper rifle. It's noticeably impacted.

Other than that, for a beta I'm really enjoying my experience. I'm looking forward to the finished product.

with the patches the game is running quite well on my very humble PC, I don't have any problem with stutter , my windows (8 of course, I heard win7 is problematic with this game) have the pagefile disabled, HD is the same from the OS, some samsung from 2009.

I'm impressed by how well the game is running with a dual core (with HT) CPU, after all the talks about being optimized for 8 cores.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZMWRpGeHM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
any info will BF4 get a demo?

The game are sold at high price, the BETA game balance/mechanic are broken (it is beta after all), and i dont want to get BF3.5.

From playing the BETA, BF4 feels like an BF3 Expansion pack that much harder to play as heli and much easier to play as infantry. Because DICE has deleted the Heli fast-beep sound when locked in using SOFLAM+JAV (now its RPG) and there's very small bullet drop and deviation in infantry.

if theres no demo, hmm... i will need to find someone who will lend me their Origin ID

Last edited by a moderator:
The game are sold at high price, the BETA game balance/mechanic are broken (it is beta after all), and i dont want to get BF3.5.

I feel the same way about it being a slightly tweaked BF3 but I'm probably going to get the game at full price and premium anyway. I don't see it as too high a price to pay for the thousands of hours of enjoyment I've gotten out of the series.

I got a few hard crashes yesterday. Where my entire computer froze and I had to manually restart. Albeit, I had been tweaking my RAM speed, but I'm not sure if that's related.

Also, how are people unlocking the ACW? It requires points in carbines but it doesn't look like carbines are readily available yet, to my knowledge

Hell yeah! Big time gains on BF4 ultra settings from the platform upgrade. Same GTX 680. Also no more stuttering.

Before: Win 7, Q9550@3.5, 4GB DDR-800 => 35fps
After: Win 8, 4670K@3.4 , 16GB DDR-2133 => 54fps

Going to push the CPU up to ~4.5 when I have some time and see if I can get to 60fps.

I caved, I pre-ordered Premium. I am pre-loading the game now and I am hating the regional release dates.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggh

some website is claiming the game uses 9GB of ram!? :oops:

anyone can confirm this? I only played the beta, and the ram usage was under 3GB for the game.

some website is claiming the game uses 9GB of ram!? :oops:

anyone can confirm this? I only played the beta, and the ram usage was under 3GB for the game.

OMG some website!? REALLY!!

You know what else? I saw on some website that ALIENS ARE REAL AND THEY ARE COMING

Back