TES V: Skyrim

Um what? The game bugs you incessantly about choosing perks once you've leveled up.

yeah, when leveling up i just press LEVEL UP then choose health/stamina/magic. then i press TAB to go back to the game.

i just tried to look at the perk and its overwhelming me with so many choice :D

You don't actually have to spend them when leveling up

I'm aware of that, he implied he didn't even know about the skills so I commented that it constantly reminds you to spend them.

i just tried to look at the perk and its overwhelming me with so many choice :D
If choosing is difficult, perk into the skill that you use the most, or will benefit you most at that time. :) Usually when starting out, for me that would be sneak, or archery. For a more melee-oriented player, maybe an armor skill or one- or two-handed weapons. Restoration is always wise, as health potions is probably going to be limited in supply much of the time; at least early on.

...And so on. :)

http://skyrimcalculator.com/

Behold!

I have a few friends who never allocated perks and always wondered how they didn't consistently get their asses handed to them. Regardless of the level of difficulty you play on, enemies will become progressively harder as you progress. So, for example, if you didn't have 5 points in Barbarian, the two-handed weapon perk that increases damage significantly, fighting enemies must have been much more painful than it had to be, with perks.

Has anyone tried the beta yet? If you reset a skill tree you haven't invested any perks in and train it to level up, do you then get entirely new perk points to spend when you ding a level up?

Has anyone tried the beta yet? If you reset a skill tree you haven't invested any perks in and train it to level up, do you then get entirely new perk points to spend when you ding a level up?
You only get the perk points back that you spend. But on my first attempt, I couldn't get any perk points back due to some bug. I'm trying again with a new character with no mods, to see if the bug is repeated :p

TBH if one wants challenge to the game, forget some "legendary difficulty", get "T3nd0ns Skyrim Redone", "Frostfall" and "Deadly Dragons", if you want a different start, get "Live Another Life" (you can start from various places and situations, the main questline either starts right away as normally or you get quest-line leading to it, but you don't have to do it really, on my current game I'm head of college, thieves guild, nightingale, darkbrotherhood and companions and haven't started main quest yet)

I'm now offically level 82 :D Legendary difficulty is pretty cool, it;s vastly harder then the other settings. I'd estimate enemies have roughly 3x more hit points and their attacks are twice as strong. I've now had to go back to wearing my "ultra armour" just to survive. Making skills legendary simply gives you back any perk points (if any) you'd invested in its skill tree straight away to re-spend where ever you please. You don't get additional perk points when you level up.

It's a good way to re-allocate perk points to more preferred skills but not a way to gain extra overall perk points and it comes at the cost of having to re-train the entire skill. As far as I can tell, the skill itself goes back to the effective strength of level 15 as opposed to basically building up from level 100 but I couldn't swear to that just yet. It certainly levels up as if it's at level 15, i.e. really fast to begin with.

Hurm, if enemies have twice the health and hit twice as hard, it's probably not a good idea to reset EVERY skill at once... :)

Any information on when the patch goes out of beta?

It occurred to me today that a great idea for a mod would be to tweak the facial expression of your character, who's expression literally stays fixed in the same position whether they're being disemboweled or in the process of swinging a four ton axe. Especially with the slow motion animations.

Wow, that's a big overhaul. It's the same world but damn does it look different!

Wow, that's a big overhaul. It's the same world but damn does it look different!

I'm not usually bothered by these things and I don't know if he's really like that or it's just his accent, but the guy's way-too-queer speech completely ruined the video experience for me.

EDIT: I'm really sorry if the above comment was disrespectful to someone, but FWIW he does get less annoying after the first 2 minutes. I guess I was too thrown off by the high-pitched "this looks aaaawfuuul" comment at about 00m32s.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I was a liberal arts major in college and have spent many hours in gay bars with friends, so I have excellent gaydar, and I don't get that from his voice at all.

I'm not usually bothered by these things and I don't know if he's really like that or it's just his accent, but the guy's way-too-queer speech completely ruined the video experience for me.

EDIT: I'm really sorry if the above comment was disrespectful to someone, but FWIW he does get less annoying after the first 2 minutes. I guess I was too thrown off by the high-pitched "this looks aaaawfuuul" comment at about 00m32s.
Your bigotry and hatred are completely and utterly revolting.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's just his accent and his attempt at minimizing it.

Back