TES V: Skyrim

Anyone else noticed that the controls while riding a horse are completely broken? Apparently, horses can't go backwards, but they could in Oblivion. And hitting a directional button, while still, forces them begin galloping forward. Also, the shadows on the grass are insanely dark. Like...pitch black. Any way to lighten them?

Does anyone have sound problems?
I get very low sound volume from Skyrim, while everything else is fine...
I have my speaker volume on full just to hear the game. The new chat message beeps from Google talk almost gave me a hart attack!!! :oops: :LOL:

I get very low sound volume from Skyrim, while everything else is fine...
I have my speaker volume on full just to hear the game. The new chat message beeps from Google talk almost gave me a hart attack!!! :oops: :LOL:

Yeah. Sound is way soft, even at 100%. It's not just you.

How does the driver know enough to do a proper implementation of SSAO? I mean, you need information on the geometry of the room to do this right, is it some generic form of blur or psuedo-tonemapping or something?

SSAO basically uses depth buffer to get a rough idea of geometry, so you don't need the geometry data (as its name implies: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion).

Anyone else noticed that the controls while riding a horse are completely broken? Apparently, horses can't go backwards, but they could in Oblivion. And hitting a directional button, while still, forces them begin galloping forward. Also, the shadows on the grass are insanely dark. Like...pitch black. Any way to lighten them?

Yeah I've killed myself and my horse a number of times due to the strange controls. Guess it's more console oriented, or just not thought out at all for PC.

Yep have to turn my speakers up considerably to hear anything.

I have my Win7 mixer at 30%, so I just alt-tab out of Skyrim, push Skyrim's volume to 50% or so and then alt-tab twice to Skyrim again.

By the way, I found that the SSAO profile for Oblivion gives much more subtle effect than the Fallout 3 profile:

Oblivion - Fallout 3 - Off

Oblivion's profile definitely works better with the foliage - much less aggressive on fine details. I hope Nvidia updates the database with a profile for Skyrim.

By the way, I found that the SSAO profile for Oblivion gives much more subtle effect than the Fallout 3 profile:

Oblivion - Fallout 3 - Off

Oblivion's profile definitely works better with the foliage - much less aggressive on fine details. I hope Nvidia updates the database with a profile for Skyrim.

Hi, fellix, kind of off topic, but do you have F3 on your computer? The driver force SSAO used to work with my 8800 GT and older drive but now I cant seems to get it to work anymore, juse wonder if you are using it if you have F3 and New Vegas also.

So I bought a house in Whiterun and there's a bed in a cot on the second floor which is owned by someone so I can't sleep in it. Nice.

the OS comparison looks quite strange, there is not reason for that... it's a DX9 game that uses what? 1gb of ram!?

I have both OSes and tested a little bit on 7, performance looked to be the same, but the mouse movement is working better on XP for some reason (maybe some configuration or driver, I don't know, but on 7 it seems to have a small delay... I disabled vsync on both)

Back