Uncharted 3

Other games usually don't use that many bones, or they don't use bones at all (like LA Noire).

Eyeball raycasting is probably not what you think it to be, as in not related to the rendering. They most likely use it only to determine the rotations, particularly during gameplay where it has to be dynamic. Even Quake 3 and Half Life 1 had such features.

I don't see refraction on the eyes and the reflection is probably a simple environment map. There is some shading going on with the iris of Drake's eyes but it could just be painted in the texture.

Eyeball raycasting is probably not what you think it to be, as in not related to the rendering. They most likely use it only to determine the rotations, particularly during gameplay where it has to be dynamic. Even Quake 3 and Half Life 1 had such features.

Yap, I was wondering if they really need to send a "ping" to determine the eyes and head position. It should just be a simple calculation right, since the target's position is known ? The eyes will still look in the appropriate general direction if the line of sight is blocked.

yep that's it. Two things though, first these walkthroughs (more like run throughs) never stop to admire anything, when I got off the chandelier I just stood there staring at it like whoa. And second, it's alot more impressive on my 55" Sammy.:LOL:

When I have more time I might make a more scenic video of U3's locations. These videos are available in HD as well, where it does look a lot better as you say.

UNCHARTED 3 DLC Hits PSN Today, Fortune Hunters’ Club Benefits
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...hits-psn-today-fortune-hunters-club-benefits/

We’re now two weeks into the release of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception and you’re all part of the Fortune Hunters’ Club now, right? If so, awesome because we have a gift this week for you! If you’re not, you can still sign up and it’s a terrific deal at $24.99. As a member you’ll be getting a total savings of 45% off the seven multiplayer packs (three character skin packs, four map packs) that will be released for UNCHARTED 3. This membership includes all currently available and upcoming DLC packs for UNCHARTED 3 as well as an exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme that will let you know when new UNCHARTED 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

Helghast skins released today according to the rest of the blog.

I thought MP model looks worse than that ? Which mode is this ? The visuals in Co-op Adventure is not that great, at least not in my memory. ^_^

sorry i dont know ... ive played once DeathMatch and CoOp to get trophies :oops: ... i dont like MP in Uncharted.. i bought it for SP only

Co-op Adventures have mini-campaign cutscenes. Co-op Arena is more like a regular MP game with mini-objectives to achieve together.

Hard on Co-op can be difficult. A lot of players chose Hard and failed. ^_^

The Adventures are varied. You have 5 maps. Besides shooting regular human enemies, you'll also face
choppers, armored vehicle, and perform vertical platforming while shooting (ala shipyard).
. It's like a condensed form of SP but with up to 3 players.

Co-op Adventures have mini-campaign cutscenes. Co-op Arena is more like a regular MP game with mini-objectives to achieve together.

Hard on Co-op can be difficult. A lot of players chose Hard and failed. ^_^

The Adventures are varied. You have 5 maps. Besides shooting regular human enemies, you'll also face
choppers, armored vehicle, and perform vertical platforming while shooting (ala shipyard).
. It's like a condensed form of SP but with up to 3 players.

ive hated the unlimited respawn of enemies .. the best co-op which i played was in Resistance 2 ... oh man the old good days so much fun ... the AI was so smart and great balanced ... the superb teamwork high leveled players covered the low ranked ... such a shame and stupid move to drop it for R3

There is no unlimited enemy respawn in U3 Co-op Adventure. -_-

R2 Co-op is a different beast though. I suspect it will evolve into Insomniac's multi-platform game, Overstrike ?

There is no unlimited enemy respawn in U3 Co-op Adventure. -_-

R2 Co-op is a different beast though. I suspect it will evolve into Insomniac's multi-platform game, Overstrike ?

hmm.. the enemies in the subway (we should catch the rocket launcher and destroy the wall ) respawned on the train and the balconies like a crazy and we failed

i dont trust in insomiacs anymore .. R3 was not a good game .. the blurry mess was (thanks to sub-hd) a huge problem for me .. ive paused the game every 45 min because my eyes burned

hmm.. the enemies in the subway (we should catch the rocket launcher and destroy the wall ) respawned on the train and balcons like a crazy and we failed

They died off after 3-4 respawns for me.

That scene is not difficult too. :oops:
You should try the last stage in the Nate rescue mission, or the airport levels, or the Syria treasure gathering mission.

i dont trust in insomiacs anymore .. R3 was not a good game .. the blurry mess was (thanks to sub-hd) a huge problem for me .. ive paused the game every 45 min because my eyes burned

R3 visual may not be industry leading, but I actually like the gameplay quite a bit. It's my go to game at home.

I thought MP model looks worse than that ? Which mode is this ? The visuals in Co-op Adventure is not that great, at least not in my memory. ^_^
It might be from multiplayer. I used to think the differences between Uncharted 2 and 3 were minimal until recently. After going back to UC2 I can see that multiplayer character detail and lighting are noticeably improved in UC3. Still miss the blur and distortion effects from UC2 though.

It might be from multiplayer. I used to think the differences between Uncharted 2 and 3 were minimal until recently. After going back to UC2 I can see that multiplayer character detail and lighting are noticeably improved in UC3. Still miss the blur and distortion effects from UC2 though.

Hopefully won't be long before the blur is added back in as promised.

Really ? I thought UC3 MP models are worse off. I need to reload UC2 and see for myself. ^_^

I remember UC2 also has this cool photo mode. I don't seem to see it in UC3 (Wasn't looking).

In any case, all I care about is the gameplay in MP. It's a solid improvement over UC2. The only thing I "hate" are players who voted to play Crushing or Hard and then turned out to be not-so-great players. I died a bunch because of 'em [point figure at idiots]

I remember UC2 also has this cool photo mode.
There was the machinima mode, but I don't recall a photo mode. The machinima mode is ironic - I don't recall anyone making great use of it. Seems mahinima enthusiasts only like to mess about with games that aren't intended to be messed about with!

Back