Uncharted 3

Playing on Crushing now! Moreso on this 2nd playthrough, i'm appreciating even more what ND have created, enjoying it even more! Motion blur or not, this game is a technical! The detail inside the Chateau is just mind boggling! Not had any fights yet that we're tough on hard but of course i know they're coming!

Playing on Crushing now! Moreso on this 2nd playthrough, i'm appreciating even more what ND have created, enjoying it even more! Motion blur or not, this game is a technical! The detail inside the Chateau is just mind boggling! Not had any fights yet that we're tough on hard but of course i know they're coming!

I like that you can select whatever chapter you want to play, just like last time, and that this time you can select the difficulty at that point, and see at what level you've beaten it. So you can take it one chapter at a time, in whatever order you prefer. Makes replayability really good.

I like that you can select whatever chapter you want to play, just like last time, and that this time you can select the difficulty at that point, and see at what level you've beaten it. So you can take it one chapter at a time, in whatever order you prefer. Makes replayability really good.

Yeah but i always go from the start.....If i hit a brick wall, i just keep trying until i do it.

wait for the aiming + motion blur patch then. Surprise no one mention anything about the bokeh dof they are using not even DF, at least I think it is bokeh. its more subtle than the other games that uses it and I think they are using square shapes. I find it looks alot like skyward sword,everything looks kind of like an oil painting.
Actually I have mentioned it a couple of times already :) and it's a nice touch definitely.
I also think the game has more color saturation than before, be it the improved lighting/GI, art work or ND's secret sauce which may have resulted the oil painting look, I like it.
fcuyo4.jpg

I'm curious, what do you think about the mocap in general in Uncharted games? I haven't seen U3 yet but U2's seemed to go beyond most games in that body language/emotion seemed to be conveyed better. Do they just use far more capture points than most studios do, or do they coach their actors better to tie body movements more to the script? I'm wondering what exact element is it that gives their cutscenes the edge above others.

They have very good actors, and a very very good mocap studio. It has like 60-100 cameras or so, which is a lot - a basic Vicon system works with 8, we have 16, only movie productions like Avatar are using 100+ cameras.
So this provides a pretty good foundation, but their animators are also very good - the facial animation is completely keyframed (no capture at all) and it's just as good as the body mocap.

Laa-Yosh, how do you know it's 98 bones ?

CG Pro mailing list

I am at ch 22 and ladies and gentlemen, i think I am just.......I mean how can they.......I mean its the same damn machine that ran UC2.............i don't remember upgrading anything............and homw can thwy manage to make my jaw drop at every next chapter............i mean this isn't right, you know, i mean .........you say "Wow ! This is incredible!" and then you walk a few step and then you say, "That was nothing, this is incredible !" ...........then u shoot a few guys, die a few times cos u were toobusy admiring a wall....then u move ahead and ........."Wow! Man, this is unbelievable !!!!!" "this is awesome!" , " This is ridiculous!" , " What the F*ck !!!!", " Oh my God ! oh My God !""" "Holy Shit !" " look at that! " ........you know ur words lose credibility within the family if you keep saying such things after every few minutes, they say "But you just said that 5 mins ago! We ain't coming now!" ..............
Ship yard, ship to ship, ship ,ocean, airplane, base jump, desert, desert, desert, desert, desert, desert , desert,canyon, omg, canyon, omfg, canyon ..........UBAR !!!!!!

:oops:

Naughty Dog , I am buying everything you are ever making from now on ! I am sorry for thinking of skipping UC3 this year ! I am terribly sorry ! You cannot be human, you have to be Gods own sons and daughters to have made this miracle of a gem of a adventure of a game !*
Wish the game had a screenshot function. Onsecond thought its better it doesn't have it or Iwouldn't be able to enjoy the story at all.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands are keyframed as well if memory serves me right.

They have to be, there's no reliable way to properly capture finger movement. Even gloves aren't good enough if there's just a small difference between the proportions of the actor's hand and that of the CG model.

So it's a lot easier to manually fix hand positions, orientations, and fingers. Floor contact for the feet is another typical issue that has some trivial automated fixes.

I am at ch 22 and ladies and gentlemen, i think I am just.......I mean how can they.......I mean its the same damn machine that ran UC2.............i don't remember upgrading anything............and homw can thwy manage to make my jaw drop at every next chapter............i mean this isn't right, you know, i mean .........you say "Wow ! This is incredible!" and then you walk a few step and then you say, "That was nothing, this is incredible !" ...........then u shoot a few guys, die a few times cos u were toobusy admiring a wall....then u move ahead and ........."Wow! Man, this is unbelievable !!!!!" "this is awesome!" , " This is ridiculous!" , " What the F*ck !!!!", " Oh my God ! oh My God !""" "Holy Shit !" " look at that! " ........you know ur words lose credibility within the family if you keep saying such things after every few minutes, they say "But you just said that 5 mins ago! We ain't coming now!" ..............
Ship yard, ship to ship, ship ,ocean, airplane, base jump, desert, desert, desert, desert, desert, desert , desert,canyon, omg, canyon, omfg, canyon ..........UBAR !!!!!!

Heh heh, that's why my brain went blank for a second. I think it's somewhere in the late desert levels. I really do :love: the scenes there. Reminds me of the Last Crusade too.

That shipyard level (Chapter 13) bystander posted is ZOMGWTFBBQ too.

Naughty Dog , I am buying everything you are ever making from now on ! I am sorry for thinking of skipping UC3 this year ! I am terribly sorry ! You cannot be human, you have to be Gods own sons and daughters to have made this miracle of a gem of a adventure of a game !*
Wish the game had a screenshot function. Onsecond thought its better it doesn't have it or Iwouldn't be able to enjoy the story at all.;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL:

The lighting/animations/textures combo is just something else...
I drool at the mere thought of discovering whzt ND could produce on a next-gen machine!
I also sincerely hope they'd offer a bit more liberty to players! ;)

Uncharted is the perfect offspring of Indianna and Laura. Two childhood heroes merged into one and playable. Now we just need the Goonies and Lost Boys!! :D

I wish I had something to cature screens with or I'd have a thousand of them. :LOL:

Things I'd like to see though:

One of my fav things to do was hang off stuff to get a 360 view of everything
After the ship capsizes, you go back into the ballroom with the huge skylight under water
The water caverns near the chateau
Yemen skyline
Yemen street scene
Drake getting sucked out the back of the plane
Chateau textures

I'm probably forgetting alot too.

Back