Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

Yeah I think the game is going to just have a few small tricks you can do with the kinect sensor, like maybe head-tracking or something.

Yeah I think the game is going to just have a few small tricks you can do with the kinect sensor, like maybe head-tracking or something.

Would not really make sense to make such a game a kinect only title.
Atleast it was shown last year outside the kinect section.
Uugh can't wait for E3 this year i need confirmation on how this looks ingame,Alan wake 1.x this fall and Halo:CE remake. Dont dissapoint me Microsoft

I'm a little disappointed that it's 1st person.

Dont know depends on how the animations are i rather play oblivion in 1st person then in third person which idiot even come up with the idea to not show a reticule in 3rd person view.

Kinda dissapointed to hear its a kinect only game so far.(Phill spencer just confirmed its controller plus kinect)
Especially after watching the Skyrim gameplay on GT.
Seems like they also make no advancement if that was only they could show.
ps can a mod change the title.

Yeah... not real-time. A great commercial to get the blood pumping though. :p

At first I couldn't tell if it was Ryse as in "rise" like how Crysis is "crisis" or if it was Ryse like reese. :p ;) SMH.

The wording on the resume says Ryse is developed for "Xbox Next Gen" which could be interpreted literally (xb360) or as we think of nextgen (xb720).

I would expect this to be a xb360 game, although depending on when we actually get xb720 and when they intend to launch, it may make sense to port to xb720.

Also, it is quite unlikely to hand off the development of an X720 title to a subsidary. There were and still are some talented folks at Crytek's Budapest studio, but I still find it next to impossible to get such advanced technology here first.

Also note that the project was shut down and moved back to Frankfurt earlier this summer...

We had a Crytek rep at school last month giving a course for Cryengine 3 and he also said big chance Ryse is a next gen title with all the new techniques they were prototyping and all the jobs they had to fill.

The course was kinda boring for me as a CS student only signed up for the exclusive view and footage sadly nothing new for Ryse was shown only thing we got a sneak peak for was Cryengine 3 cinema.

If that's indeed the case then they've repurposed the project completely in the months since it's been moved from Budapest to the Frankfurt studio. They may have started again from scratch.

If that's indeed the case then they've repurposed the project completely in the months since it's been moved from Budapest to the Frankfurt studio. They may have started again from scratch.

Just compare the reveal trailer versus what has been shown last E3.
The reveal trailer was speaking of nations just like the concept art was suggesting(arabian,chinese,roman,nordic and african nations) and a more high fantasy style. With monsters,floating cities and upside down piramides. Compared to the trailer they showed this E3 with only Rome and kinect combat sim i was kinda dissapointed to be honest:cry:.

So yeah personally i hope they get back to what the concept art(always looks better then the real thing) suggested more like that cancelled project offset for larabee and not Dark messiah in Rome. My hope was a Skyrim from Crytek.

The wording on the resume says Ryse is developed for "Xbox Next Gen" which could be interpreted literally (xb360) or as we think of nextgen (xb720).

I would expect this to be a xb360 game, although depending on when we actually get xb720 and when they intend to launch, it may make sense to port to xb720.

This. I think Neogaf said the lady barely worked for Crytek anyway. I also have other reason to believe this, aka somewhat of a source said ryse isn't next gen.

I mean it's possible but in light of evidence I would put odds at like 5%.

Kind of forgot this game existed LOL. Guess we'd see more at E3 2012?

As Ryse is supposed to be a platform exclusive, doesn't it make sense for MS to pull another Epic and secure a next-gen launch title on a very important engine? Otherwise why be platform exclusive when you are wanting to showcase your cross-platform engine for massive 3rd party licensing?

As Ryse is supposed to be a platform exclusive, doesn't it make sense for MS to pull another Epic and secure a next-gen launch title on a very important engine? Otherwise why be platform exclusive when you are wanting to showcase your cross-platform engine for massive 3rd party licensing?

Depends on intent.

MS may want to create a clearer line for marketing purposes.

xb360+kinect=casual/kids/family
xb720=hardcore

The interesting thing to me is will MS want to push kinect with xb720?

I'm sure they want more sales and greater marketshare for Kinect, but would they be so bold as to bundle Kinect with xb720?

If so, your line of thinking would be a smart move.

But then again, GOW2 would have made more sense as a ps3 title with that line of thinking as well.

Perhaps it will all be a moot point and this will simply fall into the "forward compatible" mold! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

The unreal deal worked really well this gen so why not get the other big engine maker as well on your console next gen.

As Ryse is supposed to be a platform exclusive, doesn't it make sense for MS to pull another Epic and secure a next-gen launch title on a very important engine?

The original plan was - based on public info - to simply develop an exclusive title for the X360 using the Cryengine 3. Kinect support was heavily rumored, too.

Then in this july, Crytek basically pulled the plug on the project, moved the development to the Frankfurt studio, and layed off about half the Budapest studio. Practically nothing has been published about the game after that, not even rumors.

Back