AMD: R9xx Speculation

Well the flip side of that is they also don't need to leak anything since speculation is based on previous years expectations, just builds the hype.

Well no, it doesn't. If you leak a few results showing a big gain over the competition it will do much more for hype than staying quiet. Staying quiet raises suspicion more than anything else. It's the same as Sony in the NPD threads...

Well no, it doesn't. If you leak a few results showing a big gain over the competition it will do much more for hype than staying quiet. Staying quiet raises suspicion more than anything else. It's the same as Sony in the NPD threads...

well within a few weeks its ok.

And I don't think nV can do that, since the geforce chips are laser cut and with certain features that can't be fixed to be used as a quadro chip.
I suspect disabling some features as well as disabling SMs is done quite late. I don't think it would make sense to do this early, that just means nvidia would need different stock for all the possible cards for no reason.

Just going by what Dave stated about validating, they might do that pretty early on. Also allocations for different lines tend to be early too.

If that was actually true then we would have seen a number of performance 'leaks'. By staying silent ATi are losing business, if they leaked the info of what you claim then people would have been more willing to stay on the fence and wait, of course you can't do that if your card sucks as it will damage your reputation and erode consumer good will.

I was referring to the HD5970 which is still the fastest gaming card available. And last I checked AMD had sold over 25 million DirectX 11 GPUs and controlled over 80% of the DirectX 11 market so I don't really follow that "losing business" logic.

specs are nice.. cards are nice..

Walk on a carpet of prickly vines. :mad:

specs are nice.. cards are nice..
Man , you are burning our souls with these comments !

I am sure you can't talk directly about what you know , but the least you could do is answer my riddle :

1-choose the best two numbers out of these : 12.2 , 14.5 , 15.3 , 16,7 , 18.4 , 19.2 , 20.4 , 21.9 .

2-Choose the best range/ratio out of these : 800/100 , 850/100 , 890/100 , 900/100 , 950/100 , 1000/100.

I was referring to the HD5970 which is still the fastest gaming card available. And last I checked AMD had sold over 25 million DirectX 11 GPUs and controlled over 80% of the DirectX 11 market so I don't really follow that "losing business" logic.

Where did you get those numbers? If you are only talking about gaming its probably a little be lower then that, but if you factor in government and business sales (proffessional) its lower then 40% for AMD.

Man , you are burning our souls with these comments !

I am sure you can't talk directly about what you know , but the least you could do is answer my riddle :

1-choose the best two numbers out of these : 12.2 , 14.5 , 15.3 , 16,7 , 18.4 , 19.2 , 20.4 , 21.9 .

2-Choose the best range/ratio out of these : 800/100 , 850/100 , 890/100 , 900/100 , 950/100 , 1000/100.

I can honestly say that the numbers don't add up, you've not listed the proper data :) either your ratios are off

If you look at the entire Dx11 market all discrete graphics cards for proffessional and gaming usage.

Professional market is what, few % unit wise?

So let me get this right, you're saying nV actually sold more DX11 cards than AMD?

I saw RED PCBs in a retail packaging man.. that was priceless (don't ask me if it was AIB or OEM)

It is very interesting to know why so many reviewers from big local hardware sites don't have any clue and haven't seen anything... Rollieeyes time probably. I'm angry now. :devilish:

Just going by what Dave stated about validating, they might do that pretty early on.
But that does not preclude selling a chip which validated as "top" to be sold as some lower-end version later, depending on market demands. Also, that quote was talking more about weeks, but we're more talking months here.
Also allocations for different lines tend to be early too.
I've no idea about this. Though with the rumors right now about allocation shift between HD6950 / HD6970, this suggests to me that things like that can't be too early.

Back