Battlefield 3 announced

I'd have thought we should have heard about such a big problem from Nvidia users playing the Beta

Hopefully Nvidia users won't have to wait too long for a driver fix
The performance was OK, but I didn't FRAPS it. There were some stuttering but I thought it was mostly because I had too high settings.

I can log in (haven't redeemed so far! only pre-loaded :)) now WHERE is our B3D PLATOON?

Edit: I got my key for the "Physical Warfare Pack" in the mail as well, I redeemed that one just now.
I am getting a physical copy so I guess I have to wait. Now about that GPU you were going to send me :D

No stereo3D option.. :( Hopefully they'll patch it in soon.

Graphics are mind-blowing though. Actually playing the part where you get out of the APC is 2x better than watching the trailer.

Phisical copy here :(
Have to wait god knows how long after release...week maybe two :(

On a bright side it was 'free' when I preordered it :smile:

For some reason my ISP seemed to have routed me through Korea for a few minutes.

Ah yes, I now noticed that the copy I bought in Taiwan has no problem unlocking when I have a Taiwanese IP address. Zhint0 said it was not illegal so..

FYI, mouse button assignment is fixed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No stereo3D option.. :( Hopefully they'll patch it in soon.

Graphics are mind-blowing though. Actually playing the part where you get out of the APC is 2x better than watching the trailer.

Stereo 3D support will be in an update shortly after launch.

;) Can't say I had a prob with that personally, but I'm old school with only 3 buttons. Enjoy! I know I am.

They've outdone COD SP by quite a stretch in my opinion, but that's not the sort of SP gameplay that I love or will come back to. It's a great ride at the moment though, and bob knows it's all about the MP anyway.

I had actual real life goosebumps just after the plane took off and the music took over. They executed that sequence to perfection.

Cool, just read at PCgameshardware that they measure up to 30% performance improvement using DX11 instead of DX10
This reminds me of when Battleforge improved with about 25% when using DX10.1

I'll be at the midnight launch tonight, at my local Gamestop. I took tomorrow off, too, because Battlefield throws down.

The Beyond3D platoon as we knew it is no more... but a new one has risen. We're emblemless presently, but I'll get on that asap.

Back