Movie Reviews 2.0

The dark knight rises: 10/10. Loved it all the way through. Great acting all around.

Hate to see this trilogy come to an end.

The dark knight rises: 10/10. Loved it all the way through. Great acting all around.

Hate to see this trilogy come to an end.

Same. Some quibbles here and there (namely in the middle of the movie) and the
siege of Gotham
wasn't how I would have taken the story as I thought it was lame--but adequately rescued by the excellent acting. But the first hour in I turned to my friends and said, "This movie is pure awesome." In the end I would rate it just as awesome. There were some basic story issues like
Batman's armor not being knife proof when in the first movie it was.
but overall I didn't care as the movie was a "Summer Blockbuster" with a good story and great acting. I think I liked Batman Begins better but I thought TDKR was better than TDK (I didn't really care for the sadistic Joker... I know I am the minority). All of them are very good. I really liked the story twists and the "seeds" they planted for
Robin
. I saw them coming from the very beginning BUT they felt very rewarding when they were revealed. Hathaway as Catwoman was great imo (I know some hated her in the role). I liked the shift of focus back to to Bruce Wayne. I am sad to see the trilogy end but the end scene did a good job of
giving hope he lived
but in a way giving the story some finality.
Wayne Enterprises is done for... unless the challenge to the stock trades occurs down the road... Bruce is beat up but "goes to that place" in life that Alfred had hoped he would. Living his life away from the Batman and the pain of Gotham. Bruce saved Gotham and has earned the right to move on. I also liked how in TDKR Batman and Wayne have fused in a lot of ways and and brought a lot of humanity to the Batman character. I also appreciated the story ark from BB has been finished in terms of the Legend.
Great movie.

Agree with both of you. Really enjoyed TDKR. Watched the other two in preparation and also agree that I liked Begins better than TDK with it's muddled ending strategy.

Same. Some quibbles here and there (namely in the middle of the movie) and the
siege of Gotham
wasn't how I would have taken the story as I thought it was lame--but adequately rescued by the excellent acting. But the first hour in I turned to my friends and said, "This movie is pure awesome." In the end I would rate it just as awesome. There were some basic story issues like
Batman's armor not being knife proof when in the first movie it was.
but overall I didn't care as the movie was a "Summer Blockbuster" with a good story and great acting. I think I liked Batman Begins better but I thought TDKR was better than TDK (I didn't really care for the sadistic Joker... I know I am the minority). All of them are very good. I really liked the story twists and the "seeds" they planted for
Robin
. I saw them coming from the very beginning BUT they felt very rewarding when they were revealed. Hathaway as Catwoman was great imo (I know some hated her in the role). I liked the shift of focus back to to Bruce Wayne. I am sad to see the trilogy end but the end scene did a good job of
giving hope he lived
but in a way giving the story some finality.
Wayne Enterprises is done for... unless the challenge to the stock trades occurs down the road... Bruce is beat up but "goes to that place" in life that Alfred had hoped he would. Living his life away from the Batman and the pain of Gotham. Bruce saved Gotham and has earned the right to move on. I also liked how in TDKR Batman and Wayne have fused in a lot of ways and and brought a lot of humanity to the Batman character. I also appreciated the story ark from BB has been finished in terms of the Legend.
Great movie.

He is using the armor he used in TDK which is more mobile but also vulnerable to knifes and gunshots as mentioned by Fox.

I also watched the two previous movies before watching TDKR just now. It ties all three movies together really well. It's a great movie and great way to end the story.

I like this take on both Catwoman and Robin. It was very predictable seeing it play out, but not necessarily worse for it. Robin's arc felt just right. Catwoman was also good, but I found her motivation to come back and save Batman a bit lacking.

Wait, what?

I must have missed something. What's that stupidshoe Rush on about now then?
(Can't that fker have a fatal heartattack or something and just be done with it? He singlehandedly manages to pull down the collective IQ of this planet by several million through the stupidity he spreads with almost everything he says in public...)

He was implying that the use of Bane as the villain in The Dark Knight Rises was politically motivated. Surely he has plenty of stuff to bitch about so I don't know why he has to go and make stuff up. But I've listened to him a few times and that seems to be what he does. I think he always thinks he is right, no matter how ignorant he is on the subject. I mean I doubt he knows anything about the history of Bane even though it is easily googled because I don't think he even did that.

I can't put my finger on it but I'm still not 100% sold on this take on Batman. I enjoyed the series, but the high watermark was for me Batman Begins - this was a well told origins story and the Batman portrayed there was pretty much the Batman you'd expect. Come round to TDKR's and have a Batman that is almost entirely grounded and resorting to little more than thuggery in action.

Another issue I have is the gradual erosion of Gotham being a dark and gothic city to just any other city location in North America. The Gotham in BB is more what you would imagine of "Gotham" but by TDK and even more so in TDKR it is just a standard city location - evan Nolan referred the the stock exchange scene as "Wall Street".

Also I'm not sold on the overall plot of what they are trying to accomplish nor the motives, 100%. To a certain extent BB has the same issue. TDK circumvents this purely because the plot is largely centered around the motives of a nutcase!

Overall though, it was enjoyable and the whole series will have pride of place in my BRD collection. I am in agreement with those that liked Hathaway as Selina as well - I've not really been impressed with the stuff I've seen her in before, but here I thought she did a great job and filled the puss's boots quite well.

I went to see Batman today and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I think it only had a few weak plot points or events and in general was well put together with great actors.

Trying to detonate the bomb 11 minutes before it would have gone off anyway felt a bit strange. Basically why wait for that long only to rush the last 11 minutes?

I went to see Batman today and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I think it only had a few weak plot points or events and in general was well put together with great actors.

Trying to detonate the bomb 11 minutes before it would have gone off anyway felt a bit strange. Basically why wait for that long only to rush the last 11 minutes?

The whole thing was weird. If they wanted to destroy Gotham they could have all along. And if they are going to be fighting over the bomb until the very last minutes, then even if they stopped Batman, wouldn't the bad guys be just as likely to die in the explosion anyway?

The citizens uprising doesn't work either. It's not the real intention of Bane's plan, and we never really get to see what the citizens think about it. Mostly it's just Scarecrow playing judge and sending people out onto the ice.

And then there is most of the police force being stuck underground for 5 months. Bane must have posted guards at every manhole cover throughout the city, and is supplying them with enough food to stay alive all that time.

It's all too needlessly complicated. The movie has all of big ideas, but struggles to find the time to express them properly. If this wasn't such a well acted and entertaining movie it probably would have suffered more because of those issues.

I liked DKR and I think it's very hard to chose which one of the trilogy is the best, there are so many factors to consider even unconsciously. Tom Hardy owned Bane's role (dat voice! dat walk!) and Hathaway was way better than I expected, but there were also some issues with logic and emphasis in the script. Then again every Nolan film has such issues, but the characters are done so well and their internal voyages are always interesting enough that you're willing to forgive any plot related problems.

I do agree that the scary bat-creature of Begins is a bit missed though. But it could not have worked for ever anyway, criminals eventually had to realize that he's just another man as well, no matter how though and capable he is.

Total Recall, different than the arnie film 5/10
can anyone explain this to me they travel to mars in in what looks like a machine thats travelling through the earths crust - doesnt make sense

Total Recall, different than the arnie film 5/10
can anyone explain this to me they travel to mars in in what looks like a machine thats travelling through the earths crust - doesnt make sense
The movie is already being considered a box office bomb. Making a sense is the least of the problems.

Back