E3 Modding Questions

DemoCoder

Veteran
Am I imagining things, or did a post I posted yesterday in this thread about PS3/Xbox360 and HD-DVD/BD just disappear?

How was it off topic when other people are getting away with discussing Sony losing exclusives, I was merely speculating at the strategic, rather than tactical level, what may have happened? The moderation seems a tad overboard now compared to the old days.

How was it off topic when other people are getting away with discussing Sony losing exclusives, I was merely speculating at the strategic, rather than tactical level, what may have happened? The moderation seems a tad overboard now compared to the old days.

It's E3, there's a nice announcement post explaining the special rules regarding moderation here.

Anyway, the exclusive discussion (though I am not particular happy with it) has at least some relation to topic at hand (SE & FF 13 gong multiplatform). However, the whole Blu-ray, HD-DVD strategy discussion including Opterons, Cells or whatever had exactly zero to do with it.

Am I imagining things, or did a post I posted yesterday in this thread about PS3/Xbox360 and HD-DVD/BD just disappear?

Possibly you haven't noticed in previous years, but this is at least the third year in a row where we've gone to "zero tolerance" moderation in the console forums during E3.

We recognize this can be an inconvenience to our level-headed regulars as well as those we're actually intending to place the iron boot on the back of their necks, but we hope you'll bear with us during the short term these rules are in effect as we've found it keeps the flame wars to a more manageable level.

It's also worth highlighting the success the this system - we've had nil forum overrun this year. Though a few wayward posts get the chop with a little collateral damage, the end result is clear sailing in the main.

Back