Heavenly Sword: Part Deux

:LOL: I nearly spit my tea on the laptop. I should try it someday.

EDIT: So you probably play the necromancer class in Diablo ? :D

:LOL: I nearly spit my tea on the laptop. I should try it someday.

EDIT: So you probably play the necromancer class in Diablo ? :D

Perhaps if there was a corpse explosion skill you could trigger while in the "throw-cam" :)

my favourite character in the game

heswp3066.jpg

He is just so awesome ! huhah!
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeewhhh Nariko!!!

the least intresting character i think is Narikos father.. what a dog

my favourite character in the game

heswp3066.jpg

He is just so awesome ! huhah!
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeewhhh Nariko!!!

the least intresting character i think is Narikos father.. what a dog

Is that real time DeanoC? If yes then WOW

i dont think there is any cg in the game. only realtime cutscenes and realtime *recorded* scenes played between loading

Well recoded real time cut scene may probably be a little touched up to reduce a few glitches or framerate drops. (how smooth would it have run real time? 20fps with these details?)

If that runs real time 100% then it shows exactly how the hardware works that time.

I saw a cut scene video of that character in gametrailers. The one that made the king feel uncomfortable with his continuous disappearances. That looked exceptionally good and flawless. Too good to be running real time.

I think nAo confirmed somewhere that the recorded scenes are not touched up.
(cause you see the same small flaws , like shimmering shadows on some occasions) anyway, thats what I remember of it, may be wrong....)

And yes he likes to disappear a lot :)

Kalinihxta , i'm off to bed

Well recoded real time cut scene may probably be a little touched up to reduce a few glitches or framerate drops. (how smooth would it have run real time? 20fps with these details?)

If that runs real time 100% then it shows exactly how the hardware works that time.

I saw a cut scene video of that character in gametrailers. The one that made the king feel uncomfortable with his continuous disappearances. That looked exceptionally good and flawless. Too good to be running real time.

This one ?

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/13535

[gv]13535[/gv]

It looks great on larger screen.

Anything in cutscenes is exactly the same as those in real-time - they just recorded them. There are loads of real-time cutscenes, and they don't lack in any way. Even the recorded cutscenes have the flickery shadows :p He looks like that when you're fighting him as well :p

He's my favorite character as well - I mean how can you go wrong with Stephan Berkoff? He is a legend, way beyond Andy Serkis.

I think nAo confirmed somewhere that the recorded scenes are not touched up.
(cause you see the same small flaws , like shimmering shadows on some occasions) anyway, thats what I remember of it, may be wrong....)

And yes he likes to disappear a lot :)

Kalinihxta , i'm off to bed

yasoo vre :LOL:

He's my favorite character as well - I mean how can you go wrong with Stephan Berkoff? He is a legend, way beyond Andy Serkis.

He is my least favorite character!!!
I hate his voice... He is the only one that really made me cringe... Is he a famous actor? I 've never heard of him...

On a side note, I never realised how many of us here in B3d are from Greece:oops:
Kalhmeraaaaa

I finally managed to kill Flyfox yesterday, yes I suck at games it has taken me about 10-11 hours to get to the Bohan fight, but kudos to this game, because I normally get bored with games long before I get close to the end.
This game keeps me going, altough the combat system with its stances etc gives it longivety (I have trained martial arts and like the idea of mixing stuff up and isolating your opponent in the crowd etc), but its the where does the story go now, that keeps me playing.
I am guessing I am at the end now, but this game has been worth the USD $125 I payed for it.

To NT team, great game and I look forward to your next game whatever it is and for which ever platform it will be on.

i dont think there is any cg in the game. only realtime cutscenes and realtime *recorded* scenes played between loading
There are a few bits that are pure CG, where there would have been too much time spent developing a one off thing. But its very few no more than half a dozens scenes IIRC.

The captured stuff is framebuffer saved out and then movie generated. No touching up but cos its a series of framebuffer dumps it doesn't have any frame rate issues. But saying that they AFAIK all run at a fairly good rate when we previewed/worked on, our cutscene team would run them real-time, to perfect timing, camera angles etc.

I finally managed to kill Flyfox yesterday, yes I suck at games it has taken me about 10-11 hours to get to the Bohan fight, but kudos to this game, because I normally get bored with games long before I get close to the end.
This game keeps me going, altough the combat system with its stances etc gives it longivety (I have trained martial arts and like the idea of mixing stuff up and isolating your opponent in the crowd etc), but its the where does the story go now, that keeps me playing.
I am guessing I am at the end now, but this game has been worth the USD $125 I payed for it..

agreed... there is no fat on this game, all meat. i was not bored once throughout and i'm enjoying my time through hell mode (its quite a bit harder!).

some things i would like to see in the next game (if there is one :p) are a coop mode and more difficulty settings (or is there another one after hell mode?). i find the transition from normal to hell mode is a big step. i think the whole story of the game would prevent this but it would also be nice to unlock other weapons as you progress through the game, or something you unlock to make you feel more "powerful" (excuse me for the lack of a better word :LOL:). adding in some "fat" as i call it to lengthen it wouldn't hurt too.

still, i agree that this game is definitely worth it and its one of those games like Gow where you would want to own.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is my least favorite character!!!
I hate his voice... He is the only one that really made me cringe... Is he a famous actor? I 've never heard of him...

On a side note, I never realised how many of us here in B3d are from Greece:oops:
Kalhmeraaaaa

Nah his performance is the best. I love his character - amazing characterisation. And the best lines! (Apart from the sacred genitals of course). Is he a famous actor? He's pretty huge in the theatre world - and in the movie world. Ever heard of Octopussy, or A Clockwork Orange? :oops:

Back