Heavenly Sword: Part Deux

You collect them either by breaking the glowing vases or by doing long combos on enemies without taking any damage.
After the art or videos are unlocked, you can access them from the main menu.
I can't unlock the animated series... I have only the first 2 clips. Granted I can watch them from the net but I want to unlock them my self!

I think it's only the first two episodes of the animated serie that are on the HS disc to be unlocked.
Why didin't they include the whole 5 episodes, I don't understand :???:

really? i didn't download them hoping i could enjoy them when i unlock them (still waiting for the game to get here :cry: ).

Yeah, that's exactly what I did too. But I find very unlickely that only the two clips are in the disk. It seems that you need to do a litle something extra to unlock them besides finishing the game...
Perhaps I'll check on gamefaqs or something...

i just went to gamefaqs and unfortunately, i think RR is right. :cry:
only the first two episodes are unlockable. guess ill have the find the rest elsewhere.

i just went to gamefaqs and unfortunately, i think RR is right. :cry:
only the first two episodes are unlockable. guess ill have the find the rest elsewhere.

Sorry, but that sucks...
As much as I like the game, I find the extras lacking...
As it is, you can find more extras on the internet than on the game disk.:cry:
Also, replayability of the game is greatly reduced. After all, one of the reasons I was playing every level again was to unlock the extras.

Sorry, but that sucks...
As much as I like the game, I find the extras lacking...
As it is, you can find more extras on the internet than on the game disk.:cry:
Also, replayability of the game is greatly reduced. After all, one of the reasons I was playing every level again was to unlock the extras.

Oh come on! Ever played an action game that has more extras than HS?

Any Conan released today...http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-70873.aspx

Competition for HS? Some people at neogaf are hyping it up...it's apparently 12hours and solid gameplay. (looks questionable quality though).

You are right... I was just expecting more! But to be honest, GOW had extras on par with HS.

"on par" ?

5 making of? And a whole animation series?

The only reason you're disappointed is because they were released over PSN. But thing is they were made for the game, as extras...would have been nice to have unlocked them and seen them for the first time when you buy the game. BUT...most people have online and can download them. Plus...perhaps it was Sony's doing, saying that they wanted people to sign up to the PSN (cheeky!)

ps. Have you seen that much artwork ever!?

pps. Wish the music tracks were unlockable.

Co-op online mode for this would be awesome.

Say Kai or some secondary character has to help Nariko, taking out enemy archers or whittling down bosses while Nariko fights them with the sword.

Of course it would have to be more difficult than singleplayer.

But it may be hard to have more enemies on screen (archers in levels which don't have them now) not to mention independent cameras. Kai and Nariko wouldn't be in the same screen and if Kai is using the aftertouch camera, there would necessarily have to be independent cameras for the player controlling Nariko and the player controlling Kai.

So, how many hours has it taken folk to complete? What's the games player's experience instead of the reviewers?

What parameters are needed? How many difficulty levels are there, and which is the one we should measure? Both? What's the upper limit for time - we can have 10 options. Would 4 or 5 options for 2 difficulties be best?

4.x-5.x hours medium difficulty
6.x-7.x hours medium difficulty
8.x-9.x hours medium difficulty
10.x-11.x hours medium difficulty
4.x-5.x hours hard difficulty
6.x-7.x hours hard difficulty
8.x-9.x hours hard difficulty
10.x-11.x hours hard difficulty

well, most reviews seem to say around 7 hours. i don't think anyone could beat it in less than 6 (especially in the harder modes) unless they tried to rush through it as fast as they could and/or they've already beat it. so maybe something like this:
6-8 hours medium difficulty
8-10 hours medium difficulty
10+ hours medium difficulty
6-8 hours hard difficulty
8-10 hours hard difficulty
10+ hours hard difficulty
or throw in a less than 6 hours medium only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played until meeting the flyfox in the banquet hall and the game is just gorgeous.
I am no fan of fighting games like this, because I usually find them to repetive, but with the stances it still got me playing.
And I don't usually finish games, but this one I am quite sure I will finish atleast on normal (default?) mode, in comparison I got bored with GeoW and quit on level/chaper 4, then it felt like the same stuff being repeated, only difference was that instead of 2 enemies on screen it was 4 and so fort.

Another thing, had it not been for everybody in this board going over games with a fine toothcomb, I wouldnt have noticed the vsync/tearing or any dips in fps.

Question to the Devs:

Is it true (read on another forum) that most of the HS cut-scenes are actually captured videos? Someone said something like that because there is a Bink! video logo at the ending of the game.

If it's true, why did you go this way (capturing all cutscenes to video instead of using the RT engine)?

I think DeanoC has written it in the old thread.It`s part RT and part video. It`s video when the game is loading the level in the background.

Cut scenes are really well-done.

They do enhance the game.

However, you have to think it was fairly expensive to do all the facial motion capture and pay for the voice-acting talent?

Back