Zelda: Breath of the Wild [WU,NX]

The art-style looks great, as usual for a Zelda game. But technically it's roughly at PS360 levels as expected.

I agree with @Grall and @orangpelupa remarks, even with this youtube video. They really need to show us more stuff going on in the world!

It´s a 720p stream where off screen footage takes up less than a quarter of the screen. Lets hold back on the Graphics Judgement shall we?

This game should look spectacular. And it´s the way Nintendo should be fighting, they can't compete on "realistic" graphics with a 20 point bullet list on technical wizardry, but they can make a Zelda Game that still looks different than anything the new consoles has to offer, and they can sell you a console if you want to play it, and all the other awesome games they have to offer.

Are you seriously judging the graphics based on off-screen, low resolution footage?
You have a point. But to answer your question, well, yeah. Polygon density, foliage levels and even some texture blurriness was quite visible even in that video. Not to mention the lack of critters would have been noticeable regardless of video resolution, heh. :) (This might be one of the things remaining to add of course - or so one can only hope, as the world seemed really barren at this stage of development.)

even some texture blurriness was quite visible even in that video

Well, everything is blurry in the video, it doesn't even look like the focus is on the screen, so i would call it a stretch to suggest that there was blurry textures, of course it´s very likely there will be blurry textures, we have them on the PS4, so why not the WII U. Nintendo is just lucky that there typical games rarely require the same amount of different textures that modern "real" looking games do.

What i could use from this video, is that the game looks great (technical level to be decided), they have a classic Zelda theme going, it's apparently free roaming, there will be great distances to cover and several ways to do so, the second screen is used for something and most importantly, we will have a new Zelda game, and even in HD!

in general offscreen footage tends to look better than direct feed, more color saturation and less aliasing. From what has been shown it does not look more impressive than say just cause 2 on last gen, but i bet zelda will be 60fps, so twice the framerate, and it's still very early.

Always new I'd be getting a WiiU when Zelda came out for it.

This is everything I was hoping for. I feel like I've just fallen into a time machine. Beautiful.

You have a point. But to answer your question, well, yeah. Polygon density, foliage levels and even some texture blurriness was quite visible even in that video. Not to mention the lack of critters would have been noticeable regardless of video resolution, heh. :) (This might be one of the things remaining to add of course - or so one can only hope, as the world seemed really barren at this stage of development.)
In terms of content, yeah, it looks somewhat empty but regarding the graphical level it didn't seem worse than what has been shown before.

Lets remember that the WiiU is for all intents and purposed at the level of a last-gen console.

In retrospect it's curious that nobody's done auto-horsing before, as it makes a lot of logical sense when you think about it. Players on mounts in the past seem have been considered just the player, simply moving faster. Not mounted atop what is essentially a self-aware other creature.

Here's hoping there's other smart details hidden away inside this game! :)

(And will we have fishing again, with a proper wiimote, I wonder...)

In retrospect it's curious that nobody's done auto-horsing before, as it makes a lot of logical sense when you think about it. Players on mounts in the past seem have been considered just the player, simply moving faster. Not mounted atop what is essentially a self-aware other creature.

Attention to details, fine tuned gameplay, great art, and innovation are what I love Nintendo for :)

Shadow of the Colossus had "auto horsing" as well.

ZeldDead Redemption confirmed.

Pretty massive Hyrule they are shooting for actually. Good to see nintendo regrowing a bit of balls and doing some state of the art tech and game design again.

Wow, okay! I did not know that (never played that game...) Cheers!
What is "auto horsing" Are we talking horse cruise control or will the horse actually navigate paths to reach a destination using magical equine GPS?

Auto-horsing was just a silly thing I invented on the spot. :p

A car with cruise control won't steer around around obstacles, but Epona (if that's who your horse is in this game) will actually do that. I don't think you can set a destination though, and who knows what the horse does if you encounter a stone wall or a sheer cliff surface or somesuch. I assume it stops, but at this stage there's no information to confirm that...

ZeldDead Redemption confirmed.

Pretty massive Hyrule they are shooting for actually. Good to see nintendo regrowing a bit of balls and doing some state of the art tech and game design again.

Seems more like Nintendo is following the herd on this one to be honest. Let's hope massive open world doesn't mean Ubisoft design template. I'd really hate to play a Zelda game that's stuffed with menial tasks just because everyone else is doing it too.

EIther way, WiiU is becoming more and more tempting by the day.

Seems more like Nintendo is following the herd on this one to be honest. Let's hope massive open world doesn't mean Ubisoft design template. I'd really hate to play a Zelda game that's stuffed with menial tasks just because everyone else is doing it too.

True, but at least that's something. Nintendo is finally out of the ps2 era. Took them time heh. Though, I trust miyamoto and aonuma to not follow the "go to the blinking point in your mini-map, repeat" formula, that just doesn't seem their style.

Not seen the video, little time with my newborn, just went through it quickly after a couple minutes, can't you set the destination on the gamepad and have the horse go there ?
I dunno why I expected that seeing parts of the video (w/o sound ^^).

Back