Your best cartoon movie

Reverend

Banned
And I do mean cartoon.

"Prince of Egypt".

Everytime I watch the parting of the Red Sea I still get goosebumps (and I also like the "magic-music scene" when Moses re-visits Rameses for the first time). Great story, great fusion of technology with art, GREAT music and great voice-acting (except for Sandra Bullock and Michelle Pfeiffer).

Either "South Park; Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" or "The Rugrats Movie". :)

Come to think of it, "Appleseed" was pretty good too.... :|

Favourite characters had to be the Mooses from Brother Bear, but favourite animation movie... probably aladin or lion king.

Reverend said:
And I do mean cartoon.

"Prince of Egypt".

Everytime I watch the parting of the Red Sea I still get goosebumps (and I also like the "magic-music scene" when Moses re-visits Rameses for the first time). Great story, great fusion of technology with art, GREAT music and great voice-acting (except for Sandra Bullock and Michelle Pfeiffer).

Well if you DO mean CARTOON, then sdoes that exclude any kind of 3D animation? Cause that very scene in the Prince of Egypt, and MANY others, are 3D rendered.

Anyway, if we're talking about CARTOON, i'd go with either Akira or Ghost in the Shell, the original movie.
Also Saint Seiya - The Heaven Chapter - Overture is one mighty piece of beauty, maybe the most beautiful out of all those.

Otherwise i think Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are the top for me. With Finding Nemo having the edge on hilarity grounds.

Ghost In The Shell 1 and 2
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Inuyasha Movie 3
Kiki's Delivery Service
Grave of the Fireflies
Vampire Hunter D 1 and 2

Hmmm..... So many lol. Those are off the top of my head.

Pfft. Spirited Away was so easy to digest imo, if you're open to "eastern" spiritualism and belief structures. GITS2 otoh gave me headaches, and I mean literally.

Back