You can die from playing games after all.

A mate of mine (about 20 at the time) ended-up in bed for 3 weeks after combining a sudden burst of gym exercise (first time ever) with vast amounts of caffeine. He'd literally strained his heart - just like any muscle can be strained.

Jawed

You know, I'm quite certain this story is a "repeat". I distinctly remember reading it some years back, and even the circumstances are very similar.

At least two stories just like this one were reported back when Diablo2 was on its highest peak, and they also had people keeling over on internet cafes (as opposed to in their homes) after long sessions of not some unnamed simulation game as in this case, but monster-hacking instead.

I was sceptical then, and I'm even more sceptical now. Just doesn't seem very credible to me that all these people should be dropping in korea and not anywhere else, and ONLY at internet cafes... Sounds like urban legends to me.

It should be true. I've read 4-5 incidents on newspaper for the past 1+ years. They are all Korean, Japanese or mainland Chinese. China is starting to regulate MMOGs for the sake of their kids. Gamespot has a recent news on it.

I was in China last year, and people are watching (illegal) video-on-demand in cybercafes all over the place too.

Blitzkrieg said:
I am very skeptical as well. I have friends who have done more than 50+ hours on speed.

ya.... i dunno how you can get your heart exhausted by sitting and playing game on computer. unless its stress related.... but i am still sceptical.

i was doing some hardcore clubbing while on uni and i knew people that did 50+ hours without sleep WHILE jumping (dancing) to house/techno all the time and on XTC, speed and shitload of other things at the same time....

well.... it is possible he had some heart disease or something, not every organism is capable to endure same things... but still, as Guden said, it sounds more and more like urban legend....

Back